header image

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thumpety Thump Thump! Thumpety Thump Thump!

snowmen

Those turkey farmers across the hall from my office are at it again. Apparently since the turkey holidays are over, they have some time for recreation. And their recreation of choice is the building of snowmen, or, as one of them corrected me, "snowmans."


low self-esteem snowman

This snowman has low self-esteem. His nose is running, he slouches, and his mom dresses him funny.


formal snowman

This snowman is going to a formal affair. See his top hat? His self-esteem is better, although he is out of touch with his body. Especially the bottom third of it.


corrective footwear

This snowman will need corrective footwear. But he has a very fine hat. See the round, fuzzy thing on top of the hat? When a round, fuzzy thing is on top of a hat, we call it a "pom pom."


only one

What do we call it when it is located here? This snowman may have had an accident, or even an illness, but he can still live a normal, happy life.


happy snowman

This snowman is smiling from eye to eye. Why do you think that is?

file under: &The Kids Across the Hall

36 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger MrsDoF said...

Oh, my....can it be that I am First!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

You made me laugh so loud my husband is kicking me off the computer! Ha! That poor, smiling snowman!!

 
Blogger Dawn said...

you've gone and made me cry. i can't stop laughing over here. that last one is priceless :D

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE fine art! I think the scarfinations (new word) are what MAKE these pieces. So, how long have you worked across the hall from the DeYoung museum?

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Now that I have calmed down a bit, I can fully appreciate all these fine snowmans. Thank you for refreshing my memory of Art with the little people.

 
Blogger Joseph said...

In the last one it really does look as though he is gesturing, " No really, it's THIIIISSSS BIG!!!"

LMAO!!!

And mrtl wet herself....tee hee!

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Quick, someone go get Bucky, she's gotta see this.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmph. I heard there was some competition here. I wouldn't say it was THIS big.

POKEY

 
Blogger Andrea said...

OK, my five-year-old is sitting next to me and asking why I am laughing so hard. And I can't tell her! Susie, you need to put disclaimers on posts like these (NSFC, Not Safe For Children)!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Andrea, my six year old is scratching her head and looking at me strangely. Thanks for a great wake-up laugh for me!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Those snowmen are cute. Your comments about them are on target—and hilarious.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will admit that the well-hung snowman caught my eye in the bulletin board shot. Thank you for the close up.

And "Snowmen at Night"? Naughty.

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

You sure that last one isn't a snowwoman that trimmed the hedges right before her gyno appt?

I'm going to have to try that pattern sometime. Very sexy.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm certain Schlongy the Snowman would be right at home among his well-hung brethren here.

For we all know that snowmans can't get any respect 'less they got big nuts.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrsDoF, yes, you are First Lady for a day :)

eclectic, oh no, I hope you're not grounded. I owe you a recipe. It's coming, I promise

dawn, glad you like it. That last one does get funnier, the more I look at it. What was he thinking?

jim, scarfination is really the key to any ensemble, I agree. I must caution you, though, do not google "scarfination." It will ask, "Did you mean..." and then it will take you places you may not want to go. I forget what the heck I googled, but I misspelled something and ended up in one of those places that you might end up in if you google scarfination. I saw things I coulda gone my whole life without seeing. The innernet as a hole is not always pretty, Jim. Go carefully, and wear a fabulous scarf.

mrsDoF, aren't they fun? The director of this place does great arts stuff with the littles.

fuzzball, that cracked me up! You could be right! Funny thing, I didn't even see the um, smaller black circles until I posted it here, didn't see them when I took the picture. But he is definitely up to something. Maybe the little artiste had to "go" and all his attention was focused there?

mrtl, we're all about the peepee here. I'd be so honored to be part of Frida's birth :)

greenie, haahaaa! Oh, greenie, this art, as all art, is about projection. What's in our mind is what we see heeheeee! And I think your comment called forth the orange wonder horse:

POKEY, I believe your, um, position is secure.

andrea and cristin, hey, I don't make the snowmans, I just display them! How could they not be childsafe? Children made them. I have posted innocent children's artwork, and what have you ladies done with it? Hmmmm? It's all in the mind of the beholder. I wouldn't post any pictures that kids couldn't see (I don't think I have; have I?). Anyhow, you could just say you're laughing at the silly snowmen that some kids made. I'll bet they would laugh, too :)

ssnick, well, maybe the comments do put a certain spin on them ;)

kalki, "well-hung snowman?" Hmmmm. You're referring, I assume to the one with the abundance of fallen pom poms?

crayoneater, OK, I'm about to go get ready for a peepeedoc appointment, and now, let me just say, eeewwww. But again, it's all in the mind of the beholder. Kalki sees well-hung, you see um, personal topiary. Different strokes.

bucky, oh my gosh, I had forgotten Schlongy! He could come to the party . . . well, perhaps not this time ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hee! Those are GREAT!

That last one, along with the comments on it, just brings the phrase "Look at Frosty GO!" to mind... ;)

LOVE scarfinations! It's my word for the day!

 
Blogger Nina said...

This snowman is smiling from eye to eye. Why do you think that is?

LOL, I know, I know . . . note to self, do not drink coffee and read Susie's blog. The last one is priceless . . . Then I started thinking of pick up lines that this snowman could use, to get a snow-woman, Then decided he didn't need lines. :)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Usually being cold makes it shrink...

 
Blogger Squirl said...

They all need serious medical help. Hahahaha

Susie, I envy you your workplace and the cool stuff there. I get to be in corporate America every day. It's pays the bills, but it's boring.

 
Blogger Candy said...

Its true, a snowman does need bug nuts to get street cred in this day an age.

That last snowman even has slightly fuzzy ones, clearly he could throw down, rap battle, or pop a cap in an ass if need be.

He is the snomans shizznit

 
Blogger Candy said...

Wait did I say bug nuts?

Hmmm. BIG nuts was what I meant to say, I thought. But now that I read it again, maybe a snowman does need bug nuts.

All the other snowmen will be so jealous when he rolls up with his Dung Beetle Balls.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, you always know the right song to sing :) I'm liking scarfination, too. Next week we're teaching the Girl Scouts about good grooming, and accessorizing and such. I think I'll volunteer to teach Scarfination.

nina, haa, you think he'd do OK, huh? The strong, silent type ;)

william, well, that's what we've always been told; here we have proof to the contrary...

nikki, you think I should take him to the peepeedoc?

squirl, sometimes my work is some bad things, but I must admit, boring is never one of them.

JR, you really understand him, I can tell. Bug nuts! Sounds like a nice, innocent curse.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

these snow guys are hysterical ~ lovely commentary

 
Blogger Torie said...

Those "snowmans" are precious. I love them all. Your commentary on them is just great.

 
Blogger Dynila said...

OMG, that last one just kills me...

 
Blogger Susie said...

annejelynn thanks! And I love your audiopost :)

torie, welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed :)

you're welcome, momo!

dy, isn't he quite something? ;) I'm not sure what I'd do if my kid brought that home.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

A whole bunch of potential Georgia O'Keefes, by cracky.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but the last one...is he smiling because of the size of his, um, lower half? Or was that the point? I sometimes have a hard time picking up on the subtitlies of things...think back to the comment on the joke- the chicken and the egg, smoking, and who came first? Ya, took me forever to get that one.

 
Blogger Susie said...

shoshie, "playing with his snowstick"? You are determined that this site have an R rating, aren't you? If I had Bucky's animating skills, I would do some snowman therapy sessions with these unfortunate snowmans. But I don't, so I'm afraid there will be no intervention.

hoss, by cracky, indeed.

lawbrat, if you're going to hang out here, you are going to have to get a dirtier mind. I don't know why he's smiling. Truly I don't. Most people seem to think it has to do with size, as you suggest. I think I like Fuzzball's theory, that he's happily peeing in the snow. Probably just the "happily peeing" thing appeals to me these days :)

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

When I read that the kids all said "snowmans" it reminded me of when I was about three years old and I reasoned like this:

"I am not allowed to say 'snowmen' even though I know it is the correct word, because I am only little and all the other kids my age say 'snowmans' so that is what I must say."

Thus began my lifelong career of trying to fit in. It's, uh, never really worked, though.

 
Blogger Susie said...

karen, no, it doesn't work, thankfully. Your comment makes me think of today's Sunday post, a philosophy I hold dear.

 
Blogger August95 said...

Blogger ate my comment from yestderday. I think it may have even been funny...

Oh well, D and I had a good laugh at this post. Thank you.

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

The last one makes ScottyGee's deliberately naughty masthead snowman seem tame.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god...I've come here four times to check these guys out and leave with pains in my side from laughing so hard every single time.

:-)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Those are soooo freakin' cute!!!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

I'm way behind on my blog-reading, but I am SO glad I kept scrolling down and saw this post. Those are TOO funny.

Thanks for sharing these, Susie. I needed that laugh this morning.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home