header image

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Breakfast of Champions

Sunday Post ~ "Words of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man." -- Louis Nizer


Proverbs 16:24

("Food of comfort, skillfully prepared and eaten, is the second oldest therapy know to man." -- Susie Fairchild)

file under: &Sunday Post

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, you couldn't be more right. On both counts! And boy does that upside down cake look comforting. Happy Sunday!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cake looks delicious.

I think you said you have another Euro appointment tomorrow. I hope you'll find it comforting that I said a little prayer for you this morning. For good results, and for peace until you know the outcome.

You're trying to distract us all by sending us to Kranki's and Deb's, but we haven't forgotten you!

 
Blogger Candy said...

Upside down cake?

In the imortal words of Brak from Space Ghos: I like gumballs and rumballs, I like cheeseballs and cheesecake, I like pineapple upside down cake, Why's it upside down? WHY'S IT UPSIDE DOWN?

Now I am going to have Brak songs stuck in my head all day. Good thing I have his cd.

Oh and now I want cake.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Okay, far be it from me to contradict Mr. Nizer, but I do think it's the other way around. The food came first and the words came later.

Craving pineapple now.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

If you take the European doctor a piece of that cake, maybe he/she will reconsider and send you home afterall? Fingers crossed for you -- or should I make that legs? Sending blove,

~Shari

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I....I'm ashamed to admit it, and...well....

Hi, my name is Jim and I've never had pineapple upside-down cake.

There.

 
Blogger Ern said...

I love coming here on Sunday mornings. It's an excellent start to the day. And I'll add my words of comfort to those of the others. We're thinking of/praying for you. *HUGS*

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture you chose is a perfect match for the Proverb.

Have a wonderful Sunday. I've been keeping you in my prayers also.

Much love to you.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I try to never miss a Sunday at Susie's place. I love both quotes, and now find myself craving pineapple upside down cake. Thanks Susie, you are precious.

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

That Suzie Fairchild, she's very wise.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

That looks amazing. I know the comfort is much appreciated around here.

 
Blogger c said...

Mmmmmmm...cake.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep. I could use some words of comfort at the moment.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

If you think it will help you get your mind off of your own worries, you could think about a little girl (under a year and a half) I know tomorrow who is getting a feeding tube inserted. I'll be thinking of BOTH of you :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, thanks, sis. You know, I'm in an award-giving mood. You might have perfect attendance at the Church of the Sunday Post. I'll have to check on that.

sharkey, I will post an update. There seems to have been a change of plans. But there goes my thinking, "I don't have to say anything; no one will even remember that I'm having that thing tomorrow" ;) Oh, but whenever my tests happen, I absolutely do find it comforting that God is hearing my name a lot. Prayers are never wasted, there's no such thing as too many, IMO.

jess, I don't know this Brak. I do know cake, though. Have some :)

karen, isn't pineapple a wonderful thing?

nikki, OK, I'm going to have to start keeping a Yiddish notebook, and being more studious. I will email you with an update. Like I said at your place, Marie wishes she looked like you.

eclectic, don't think I won't try it. I'm pretty creeped out by the whole thing, as it approaches.

jim, were you raised by wolves? How in the name of all that's sweet and fruity have you not had this? I'll come to your place and show you how to make it.

ern, thank you. I always smile to see you here. See comment to Sharkey, too.

lawbrat, thanks for the love and prayers.

nina, aw, thank you. You are so kind. The cake is gooooood, if I do say so myself ;)

closetmetro, I like to think so ;)

mrtl, mmmmmm

kranki, yea, comfort is a good thing. In all its forms.

lisabeth, ohmygosh, first of all, CONGRATULATIONS! Second, TMI? Honey, I went on here about peepee troubles; surely your blessed event is not TMI! I imagine God and Sarah high-five-ing each other on the big surprise for you :)

misfit, mmmmmm

momo, thanks, sweetie. I'll take all the prayers I can get.

ssnick, I'll come and see what's up. Hang in there.

andrea, it does take my mind off myself to think about others. I am a firm believer in that. Thanks for the reminder, and the little one and her family will be in my prayers.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I LOVE SUSIE SUNDAYS!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

It's officially Monday now where you live, and I wanted to be among the first to wish you strength, peace, and laughter as you're a-peein'.

*ahem*

And, in the spirit of solidarity, I have thought of what we can do to honor you on this day: I am urging all bloggers to voluntarily pee in a cup at work (or other similarly public restroom), and call out loudly, "This one's for Susie Fairchild." If nothing else, it may drum up business for your colleagues all over North America, and I'm sure they'll thank you.

 
Blogger Dynila said...

bee-yoo-ti-full cake!

true comfort, however, requires chocolate ;-)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie, you don't know Brak? Oh, nooooooo, that can't be allowed to continue. Check here. Some would call him Space Ghost's bitch, but I call him...well, dreamy. In an uptight, paranoid, half-wit kinda way.

And yes, we all do want cake.

 
Blogger Susie said...

princesskristine, we love you, too :)

eclectic, wow, that is a whole 'nother kind of award. Not that I want anyone to render it graphically so that I can post it. :0

dy, that is most often the case here, too. This was a case of "what's in the pantry . . . pineapples!"

bucky, OK, I saw them. I am rather infantile in my cartoon tastes. Specifically, I like their edges rounded. Like Little Bear.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

my gpa and I have the same bday and his cake of choice has always been upside-down pineapple cake - me? Angel food cake... but I love that sticky, gooey upside-down stuff too.

 
Blogger Susie said...

annejelynn, we don't need those kind of details, what you do behind closed doors is your business ;)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home