header image

Friday, January 20, 2006

Get Your MAJOR AWARD Here!

BAIB1-1

Remember how I said, "If I could present an award..."? Well, who says I can't?! My dear friend Circus Kelli designed, and presented me with this lovely distinction, the BAIB Award. As the first recipient of it, I reserve the right to present it to anyone I please. And I am pleased to present it to YOU . . . IF you visited Kranki and Deb, and left them a comment. Hmmmm . . . should there be a deadline? Nope. If you haven't done it yet, go do it now, then come back and get your Major Award.

Perhaps you are a noble person who says, "But Susie, I didn't do it for an award. My reward is just the feeling of knowing I did something good . . . blah blah." NOT ME! I like me some awards!!!!

I am serious. I hope, if you agree with me that the opportunity for extending kindness to one another is one of the very best things about blogging, and if you have availed yourself of that opportunity, I hope you will celebrate yourself, and blogging, by posting one of these on your site. This award will be presented on an honor system. I will not check up on you to see if you earned it. However, it is only fair that I warn you, if you accept this award, and did not earn it, karma will kick your ass.

Now, being a techno-dunce, myself, I am not the best person to tell you how to take your award home with you, but I'll try. Mrtl, the badge-master, tells me you can right-click on the award (whichever size you want, in the post, or on my sidebar), and save it to wherever you save your pix, and paste it in your template from there. Or you can click on the pic, and go swipe it from flickr.

If you have any questions, ask them here, I'll try to answer, or get help from CK or mrtl. Here's one question that I know may arise:

Q: Don't you have some nerve, just coming up with your own award, and posting it on your site, and giving it out, willy-nilly?
A: Yea.

Also, let me know if you're going to display your BAIB Award, and make an acceptance speech here! No music will start playing to rush you off the podium, the floor is yours . . .

24 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

I've been to both sites, always have gone to Kranki's. Now I just have to get your award up on my site.

Thanks Susie. This is so like you to always be thinking about others. You are on my mind all the time these days, you know. Love you, sis!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

You mean, not only do we get to get acquainted with more cool bloggers, but we also get a MAJOR award??? Why, it's like opening a savings account AND getting a free set of ceramic bowls! 'Cept the BAIB award is waaaaaaaay cooler. Thank you! I'll take mine with me on the way out. ;)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I happily accept this award! It's up on my site now :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Awards sound great. Thanks, Susie. (Does any money go along with it?)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What everyone else said! I've commented on Kranki's, and just visited Deb yesterday, but didnt comment. The post I read was so heartfelt, yet shows a strength and courage I cannot fathom. I admit, today, I dressed a bit dressier, did my hair, and put on make-up.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I am on the podium standing at the microphone and I am speechless. It takes a lot to render me speechless. But you can do that Susie in a heartbeat, with your generosity. Thank you, my award is proudly displayed on my blog. Okay so I am not completely speechless, that might take a gag. ;)

 
Blogger c said...

*sniff*

It's such an honor to get this award, but I'm so surprised that I don't have a speech or anything! I'd like to thank my agent and my manager for believing in me when things were tough, and I'd like to thank the director for giving me a chance! Oh, and I can't forget my family! They'd kill me! So thanks, guys, for putting up with all the crap! You like me, you really like me!

*sniffle* *sob*

 
Blogger Ern said...

I have to admit that I have been terrible at leaving the comment-love lately. It's just been so hectic with school. But I will definitely go visit Deb (and I already visit dear Kranki).

You are so sweet to share your Major Award so generously!

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

yeah, I pretty much live at Krankis, so I'll snag one. :)
And I would be happy to provide music.
congrats mrtl!!!

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++thanks***thanks+++

 
Blogger Kranki said...

You are the coolest Ms. Susie!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I totally stole your idea! Whoo-hooo! SCORE

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I'd like to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press. And of course my agent and...what? Different award? Oh.

Thank you for this honor, Miss Susie! (And oooh, how pretty - well done, CK!) I'm definitely going to put this baby on my blog mantle.

 
Blogger Susie said...

WELCOME, HONOREES. YOU ALL LOOK SO SPECTACULIFICENT!

squirl, I hope you'll display your Major Award. If you don't know how to put it on there, get little sis to do it for you. I had to get help with mine, too :)

eclectic, yes, it's exactly like that! A free gift give-away! Because Nice Matters.

mrtl, of course, you should; who visits you more than you? And yes, you are a total BAIB. A BAIB with BAIB. I hope the little BAIB is quiet tonight, and calm.

Nikki, you are way too nice to me. And mygosh, you're gorgeous! I saw your pic tonight. I will look for M&M stars, I like that :)

andrea, I saw, and it looks great! Wear it in good health :)

ssnick, in a word, NO. Sorry.

lawbrat, then go say something to Deb, and claim your Major Award! You know you want one!

nina, we would never gag you, we always want to hear what you have to say. And you look mahvelous!

misfit, we do really like you. And, who are you wearing?

ern, I do hope you'll accept a Major Award. I really haven't been getting around much lately, either.

rachel, that is such a sweet thing to say. Thank you for that. I saw your "urchin" tonight with Nikki. She is incredibly beautiful. What a blessing. And I am honored to be counted among Sarah's "good apples." Nikki and all the sisters I've met are so kind and lovely. The more I get to know any of you, the better I feel, about how much love and goodness Sarah was surrounded by, during her lifetime.

operagirl, good for you. You are welcome ;)

kranki, how can I be the coolest, when you're already the coolest? I got no crack hat, no funk hat, nothing cool like that! I hope you will accept a Major Award; you have certainly commented on both sites :)

raz, we don't need no stinkin' nominations! Just visit the two fine ladies in question, leave a comment, and come and accept your Major Award. Pass it on, everyone who participates in the comment love is welcome!

jim, STOP, THIEF! No, really, I'm loving the Fruit Fly award. PWAHAHAHAHAAAA!

kalki, did you see, John Stamos is in the audience! Your highlights are really highlighted, in the spotlight :)

 
Blogger Candy said...

I have always gone to Krankis site, so neener neener neener.

Or something.

 
Blogger Susie said...

jess, now, play nicely; no neeners. Just one more person to visit, and you, too, can have a MAJOR AWARD . . .

 
Blogger Candy said...

I visited Deb too, but I didnt do it for the awards.

I did it for all the honeys out there. See ladies? Im nice, niiice.

Want my number?


hehehehehehee

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I love Kranki...she such a strong woman. and DAMN sex-ay too!

Shaun said, "You should put SPF on it's own domain."
I said, "No, SPF is what gets people to go to other sites and people that normally don't get comments can expect at least one day a week that they will."

He gets it now, and doesn't suggest I create a SPF domain.

 
Blogger August95 said...

Susie you are far too kind. Thank you for pointing me in the directions of these two special ladies.

 
Blogger Cat said...

Aw! A Major Award!
I want a Major Award!

Gosh! This is so unexpected! Um, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my parents... if it weren't for them and that little slip-up with the birth-control, I wouldn't be here today to accept this award...

 
Blogger Susie said...

jessicarabbit, I'll thank you to stop hanging around my blog trying to pick up sexy ladies! ;)

princesskristine, I know, and it is not an easy thing to go visit all the people that post that day, but I see that you do it, spreading the love :)

august95, you're welcome, of course, and thanks back to you.

cat, so glad your parents were contraceptionally challenged :)

 
Blogger DCK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger DCK said...

I gladly accept the award, Thank you Susie for giving it. Though I must say just being a part of the blogworld and commenting on others' sites is the reward for me... The opportunity to read others' stories of fun, games, trials, survival, battles, kids, dogs, snow... fills up my day that I don't know where the time has gone. So thank you bloggers for sharing a part of your lives with me and giving a kick to my humdrum day. Thank You (cue music).

Now um... so how I do I put it on my side bar??? This could explain the reason why my blog isn't pretty... I know not how to do much with it.

 
Blogger DCK said...

oh joy I figured it out... and displayed it on the blog.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home