header image

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Thanks for Giving A . . . Well, You Know

My sidebar would be a much less interesting place without the skillz and generosity of Circus Kelli. When I recently expressed appreciation for those of you here who give a rat's ass about my current troubles, CK created this lovely Commemorative Rat's Ass so that anyone who so desires might identify themselves as one who does, indeed, give a rat's ass.



I have seen them on a couple of blogs, and they do make me grin. I would also say that the time has come when I must ask that if you do, in your heart, give a rat's ass, perhaps display of this emblem -- on your blog, your forehead, wherever -- is a more fitting way to make a statement than actually, literally, giving a rat's ass. While I do appreciate the actual rat's asses that have been given so far, my mail carrier has asked to be reassigned -- it's over 100 degrees here, and while the thought of your giving a rat's ass for me is truly moving, the reality of it is getting to be a bit much. Probably better to go with the symbol now, than with an actual, physical, in-the-mail ass of a rat.

And yes, it may seem a bit egocentric to display my own "rat's ass" emblem. But, like all the self-esteem experts say, "If you don't give a rat's ass for yourself, why should anyone else?" (What? They don't say that? Well, they should.)

(Now, I ask you, where else, on the Innernets as a Hole, can you read the words, "lovely Commemorative Rat's Ass"?)


file under: &Sharing &Partial Nudity

35 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I've seen this around the innernets too, but wasn't sure whether I should just help myself to the image.

But now that it's been approved, I shall be installing the lovely Commemorative Rat's Ass image at my first opportunity.

Thanks, CK and Susie!

 
Blogger The Q said...

William sent it to me and I selfishly put it on my blog without asking if it was ok with Circus Kelli or you.

Now that you say it's ok, *I* feel better!! :-)

Now all these rat's asses need to work their magic and make *YOU* feel better too!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

And I quote: In the Fall of 1973, the Franklin Mint introduced a line of pewter "Rat's Asses" to a growing population of Rodent Rear-End Collector's . It is said that the rabid, or rather rapid, sales of this item causAnd I quote: In the Fall of 1973, the Franklin Mint introduced a line of pewter "Rat's Asses" to a growing population of Rodent Rear-End Collector's . It is said that the rabid, or rather “rapid” sales, of this item caused many stores to quickly sell out of their entire stock. The Franklin Mint claimed to have misplaced the molds used to create this fine example of mouse mounds, but industry leaders cast doubt on this claim.

Fast forward to 2005, when seen in a local pawn shop one Circus Kelli of Illinois, USA was quoted as saying, “It was my pappaw’s! He’s the one that designed the Pewter Rodent Rear-End series. He always created the original molds in his trailer, err uh, shed, I mean STUDIO out back before he started production. He just happened to have an extra mold is all. Now, how much will ya give me for this rat’s ass, you cheap #&&*%@*^@!!??”




ed many stores to

 
Blogger Effie said...

Now you should feel really b'loved, my dear!!!

How are you today? Hmm? I mean other than hot and sweaty from this lovely heatwave?

Hugs! The button is up at my place!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Funny... I don't remember it quite the way Bloggy seems to.

I am, however, happy to help in any way I can.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

The bad thing is, it read so much better before I cut and pasted it from Word, I mean from the Flea Market Collector's Guide.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

I feel quite certain those four words have never before been strung together...and certainly not so beautifully. *sniff*

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Okay, I did it.

I think.

I mean, *I* can see the button on my blog, and it works for me...I just hope it works for everyone else, too.

Anyone?

Circus Kelli?

Bueller?

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I'll have to put that one up, too. Ladybug, I'll be over to check your rat's ass out soon. :)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

The rat's ass sits nicely on my sidebar as well.

Always have been fond of ass of rat.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Count me in!
It's quite lovely. I think everyone should have a rat's ass on their blog.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, my lovely first visitor to my blog, I give a rat's ass! I'm just too big of a ding dong yet to figure out how to work this darn thing. I'm lucky I've figured out how to even post anything!

Joke of the day (supplied by my darling husband). How do you know when the last person to use the computer was a blond?

Answer: you can tell by the white-out on the screen!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe it is a lovely rat's ass.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Like this is totally cool! Now when I say "I don't give a rat's ass" to my kids, husband or boss and they look at me funny, I can say "What? I gave it to Susie!" ROFL Your humor is lovely my dear! heh

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I shall be displaying my rat's ass proudly.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh finally! My very first comment here displayed my ass, and it was quite embarrassing. But NOW, I can display your lovely (rat's) ass instead. No wonder blogging remains a mystery to those who don't blog, eh?

 
Blogger Susie said...

y'all, are making me laugh, and I'm so thankful for that, it makes me cry. God bless your hearts.

shawkey, thank you for your support. Isn't that fun to say, "lovely Commemorative Rat's Ass"?

soozieq, now they're magic rat's asses! Yay! Of COURSE it's OK. I think it's goofy and wonderful.

mrB, oh, Mr. B. You're killin' me. In a good way. Even with the glitches in the transfer from the um, Flea Market Collector's Guide, this is indeed, valuable information. And the STUDIO reminds me of something I saw on "Wife Swap" a couple of weeks ago, a dwelling that I had never heard properly identified before. It was a trailer that had been um "enhanced" to become a house, and it was called a TROUSE. heheee

little mama, your place was one of the first places I saw it :) I do feel b'loved.

ck, but um, bloggy has documentation. Official documentation.

ladybug, I saw it there! I tried to comment but got all tangled up somehow. I'll talk to you soon.

squirl, thank you, sis. I'll come to catch up at your place soon.

bucky, you like me. You REALLY like me! I swear, I can't help but imagine some nice chaps on the little feller over there.

sierrabella, rat's ass is the new um . . . I don't know, what was fashionable in blogs before? Thank you, my friend :)

lynn, I love the joke (with apologies to the beautiful blondes present here). I know you give a rat's ass. I'll bet CK would help you if you want to post it. I'm a techno-dunce, too, I had a mysterious benefactor help me with mine ;)

ssnick, never saw one finer :)

traci, it is one of my favorite expressions, for some reason. Normally, my IRL speech is pretty tame, but I do let fly with the occasional, "Ask me if I give a rat's ass!" Or "If somebody gave a happy rat's ass..."

jim, why do I get the feeling that's not the first time you've said those words?

eclectic, I certainly remember when you bravely gave (showed) your own (lovely Commemorative) ass here. And my dear, no truer words were ever spoken. How in the name of all that's bizarre, do I communicate to people who don't know about this vice, how meaningful it is to me that imaginary friends are giving little pictorial rat's asses in support of my pursuit of health? Just doesn't translate well to the real world, does it?

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I have noticed that the Rat's Ass also has nice flanks.

I hope you are doing well.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh... did someone say 'chaps' for the rat's ass?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and if anyone needs help getting their Rat's Ass on their blog, just let me know. I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Email me. :)

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

:) Man, I bet we have a ton of trouses in this area. We have a ton of "shotgun houses" for sure. Have you seen those?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as I update my blog, I'm adding that lovely Commemorative Rat's Ass!

I used to say I don't give a rat's ass because it belongs to the rat...but in this case it's for a good cause to give a rat's ass.

hope you're doing well in spite of everything :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I could also come up with a kinder, gentler button for those of you who object to the word "Ass".

I could make it a "patootie."

I'm nothing if not accommodating.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

CK, I like 'ass' better.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

WooHooooo! Come and check out my rat's ass! Thank you Circus Kelli!

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, yep, as I suspected, a flank man.

ck, who said that? who would say or even think such a thing?
thank you for being such a good neighbor :)

mrB, that trouse I saw may well have been right there in your neck o' the woods. I do know what a shotgun house is, was introduced to the concept in N'Orleans some years back :)

lilsis, thanks for giving a r.a. :)

ck, you and your patootie are beyond accommodating, my dear.

lynn, congratulations, you have posted the winning phrase of the day, never before uttered in comments on this blog: "I like ass better." *confetti* (Actually, now that I think about it, and consider the people who visit here, someone MAY have said that before . . . but you're still today's winner :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie -- and I was just thinking "Wow. I don't think I've ever seen the phrase "Come and check out my rat's ass!"

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to come tell you this! Last night my husband got a shirt that says "Ask me if I give a" and then it has a picture of a donkey with a rat's ummmm, tail (yea, that's it) in it's mouth! I hadn't told him about giving a rat's ass for susie either so I just cracked up! hehehehe...

 
Blogger Nina said...

Okay finally remembered how to get the rat's ass on my blog. Except it doesn't link here like everyone elses does. So I have to figure that part out. Just didn't want you to think that I didn't give a rat's ass for you, cause I do and I'm glad you give a rat's ass for yourself.

I think all self-esteem experts should say that by the way. In fact I was thinking of writing a book with the title, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Enhancing Giving A Rat's Ass About Yourself." But, that sounds like an oxymoron. So maybe "Ten Days to Giving A Rat's Ass About Yourself."

Just know I do give a Rat's Ass about you . . . but am sending lots of love your way instead.

 
Blogger Nina said...

P.S. Just wanted to Thank CK for making and sharing.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Nina - You're welcome. How about "Give a rat's ass about yourself in three easy steps"?

 
Blogger Amy said...

Frig, CK is too great.

And you are too, my little ratsasstafarian.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Amy, you are too, too funny m'dear!! Just stopped by to say hi, Susie. Hope you're not baking in the heatwave you guys have going out there. I worry. It's genetic.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I am sending mad ass (not rat's ass) -prayers and good vibes your way because Kristine at www.randomandodd.com told me to and cause I want you to be rid of all the fear and worry and uncertainty.

Good vibes and prayers will coninute daily until you tell me to stop.

p.s. Those are amazing sunflower photos`

 
Blogger Maven said...

Just landed here and promptly posted my rat's ass on my sidepanel.

Get well soon Susie:)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home