header image

Friday, June 16, 2006

Re-gifting Hope

ribbons4
I found some ribbon possibilities. "Discover" is probably a good one. I hope we
don't need the "oops!" The "sunshine" one . . . I just like it :)



See the wonderful "Hope" on my sidebar, under "About Me"? My friend, Circus Kelli, made it for me, when she read about what a tough, scary, uncertain time I'm going through. Kelli makes the best things and stuff, including, but not limited to, flaming cows and licky kidney stones. She drew inspiration from a comment by Amy, about all the different colored ribbons I might wear.

I thought it was so special, and it made me feel so happy, that I wanted to share it with you. Who doesn't go through scary, uncertain times, some time? So you're welcome to take it and put it on your blog, or copy it and send it to someone who needs it.

Thank you Kelli, and Amy, and Eviluncledave (for helping me share it).

An update -- regrettably, I don't have worms. More docs and more tests scheduled. I don't want to go "all medical all the time" here, so I'm going back to just the Sunday Posts, while I continue trying to get diagnosed and treated. When there's news, I'll let you know. Thank you for the prayers, the love, the support. They mean more than most of you know. A few of you know how much it means to have "imaginary friends" sending those things; the rest of you, I hope you never really have occasion to find out. Much love back to you.

file under: &Partial Nudity &Sharing &WTF Disease

17 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger eviluncledave said...

You give hope to so many other people, it's nice to see a little bit of it coming back home. And here's hoping that the "oops!" ribbon never sees action. ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Like EvilUncleDave said, you give Hope to so many people.

Hugs, good thoughts, prayers and even crossed fingers to you, Susie. May you find out something, ANYTHING, soon. :)

Blove you. Be BAVE Susie.

 
Blogger The Q said...

I couldn't have said it any better than EvilUncleDave did. You truly DO give hope to so many other people.....you deserve it back in tenfold.

I HOPE you find out something soon.

In the meantime, my good vibes machine is roaring full speed and sending everything I've got, your way.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Hope is my favorite word:
Mountains and Oceans seems like there's always another of one or the other . . .
It's crossing your fingers when the map doesn't make sense, when the compass doesn't know truly north from truly lost; and it's up to you-you and your gut and your mettle, and your level of resilience, and your wealth of wisdom-to persevere. To get to the other side . . . To Hope.
Sending you love & prayers!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I hear hope floats. Shall we try it and see?

Awww, c'mon you guys, you're getting all sensitive and sweet on me! What's THAT all about??! I mean, if any place is suitable for levity and respectful irreverence, it's here! We, -- I -- love you, Susie. Be well.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Hope is the best thing there is. Everyone is right in saying that you've given hope to enough other people, it's time you have some, too.

I love the hope button that CK did for you. There's so much love around here.

You've got to be better soon. As I've said before, no disease can fight all of these folks who are working on getting you healed. :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm crossing all appropriate and inappropriate appendages for you, Susie darlin', in hopes that maybe it's just an allergic reaction to Britney Spears.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I am hope for you too, Susie.

(What if she finds out she is allergic to me? Gack!)

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

I don't think it's so regrettible that you don't have worms. The hope ribbon is much nicer than a worm.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Lots of hope and shalom to you!

 
Blogger author said...

just a stranger here from another blog. I was shocked to see a comment from sweet nikki on another reply here. I miss her and sarah so much.

I hope this awful time for you and your health is all nothing. I also hope you find out that out soon. The not knowing is the worst.
take care.
Look forward to stopping in again.

scribbleandscribe.wordpress.com
Annie / Scribble

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

What? No worms? Great! What am I going to do with all thess 2 foot lifelike tape worm ribbons I have been making?


:)

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I love it.

I'm kind of sorry to hear that it wasn't the worms. When life gives you worms, take them on a fishing trip.

Har, har, har.

I'll shut up now. Still love you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, I am behind with what's going on with you because I am not a consistent reader of your blog. I'll try to do better. I am very relieved, however, to read that ovarian cancer has been ruled out.

I hope you're having a better day today and that Jiff has a swell Father's Day. If I were there, I'd sing him "Daddy's Hands" (retitled "Father's Appendages" by a musician friend of mine).

Katy

P.S. Loved the picture of the peppermint stick in the lemon!

 
Blogger Amy said...

Here
Our
Prayers
Endure.

 
Blogger Susie said...

eud, the rooster made me smile :) I kinda like the "oops!" ribbon, although you're right, I hope it's not relevant in the context of my medical treatment. But when all this is over . . . I hope to put it to good use, somehow. And thank you for being so sweet.

CK, thank you for being sweet, too. And I will try to continue with the bavery.

soozieq, thank you :) I like the thought of your mighty vibes machine, there.

nina, that is beautiful. Thank you so much. I hope you are well.

eclectic, a lot of things float, but that doesn't mean you come over here leaving them on my blog when I'm all about the sick, now DOES IT? sheesh!

squirl, yes you did tell me that, and I think about it all the time. Hugs to you.

jim, that is one of the things I'm being tested for. And I will sue . . . don't think I won't.

hoss, if I'm allergic to you, I'll just take the shots :)

cm, way to look on the bright side. I was getting a little too excited about the worm, truthfully.

william, party streamers?

crayonbreath, I love you, too. And I was kinda hoping for worms.

katy, that lemon thing was, as I think CK guessed, a concoction that they make here only at the Flower Mart, once a year, and sell for a couple of bucks. You use the peppermint stick as a straw, and I guess the lemon juice is powerful enough to make holes in it. So as the lemon juice passes through the sugar in the stick, it's sweet(er) by the time it gets to your mouth.
Now, you know I love you, but you just can't come up in here singing about "father's appendages," because that just creeps me out :p

amy, I LIKE it! :)

 
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

Hang in there, sweetie. Hope you get some answers SOON.

Hugs from MI

 


Post a Comment

<< Home