header image

Monday, January 23, 2006

European Update

You are all welcome to a big piece of yesterday's pineapple upside-down cake. When I am in the mood for comfort food, I make something Hillbillian. The weekend just begged for a cake. There are probably enough chemicals in each of those bright red cherries to kill us. But we are a brave, cake-eating people.

I thought that Monday might slide by with folks not remembering that I had, in a moment of insanity, confided about certain medical tests that were scheduled. Comments on the Sunday Post revealed otherwise. Y'all remembered! Due to circumstances beyond my control (ohmylord, so FAR beyond my control), it is unlikely that the scheduled tests will take place today. They will be rescheduled. I am not going to keep an ongoing medical update, here. However, I know that some folks are concerned, and I promise I will tell you any definitive thing that I learn. As of now, I have no diagnosis, and no plan for treatment. I will give more info when I have it, for sure, but in the meantime, I'm going to stop talking about my own medical things and stuff.

And now some good news: Sarah's Wacky Loving Family is about to get bigger! Sarah's sister, Lisabeth, revealed in comments that she is expecting a little one. And this was a BIG surprise! Lisabeth thinks Sarah and God are in cahoots, and I must agree.

Speaking of God, thank you for your prayers. Even though the "procedure" date has changed, they are not wasted. They are so very much appreciated. And I do believe. Thank you :)

20 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hi.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pineapple upside-down cake is my dad's favorite.

Thanks for the update - we all care about you!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Let's all just have a big piece of cake to celebrate the baby that's on the way. Sounds good to me.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I will continue to think happy, gay thoughts for you.

And yay on the new baby! Baby's are good (until they hit about 13 then they need to go to boarding school until they're 30).

verfication word: gykmi. Go ahead. gykmi. I like it.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Alright, alright... nuff said.

But Lisabeth's having a baby!!! Pass the cake, please!

 
Blogger Joseph said...

XOXO!!!

Babies are good healing stuff. I bet it's a girl too.

word verification thingy: ihjifr

Hi Jif! r

 
Blogger Candy said...

OOo babies! But Jim, your so right, I have a 14 and a 15 year old, both boys, they are both up for sale RIGHT NOW.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Please be sure to keep us posted, Susie. You know we care.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now your and Kranki's are not done on the same day. Yet, her's is more than tests. I will continually pray during the day today for her and for you and Deb.

Now, bring on the cake! A miracle baby is being baked as we type!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Did someone say CAKE?!

That is SUCH wonderful news about the baby on the way!

Susie, that's for the update. Share as little or as much as you like. I'll keep making good wishes that all is well with you very soon.

(Hey! My BAIB is up now!)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us an update Susie, even though it's totally your perogative not to. And oh yeah, that cake looks AMAZING!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mmmmmmm...don't mind if I have a hunk or two o' that cake.

How much for the boys, Jess? I could use some snow shovelers...

 
Blogger Candy said...

Bucky, oh about Three Fiddy

 
Blogger Dawn said...

yummmm cake. never actually had that kind before, but it looks so yummy. darn, sorry your appointment got cancelled. hopefully, they'll get you all fixed up in no time. take care,
dawn

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoss sent me. I like your mantra. You have my prayers.

 
Blogger Susie said...

hi, william, glad you're back in town :)

kalki, it's my MIL's favorite, too; I made her one last weekend. Thanks for the caring.

squirl, cake and babies; life is good.

jim, aren't all your thoughts gay thoughts? :p

eclectic, :)

greenie wouldn't that be cool? It's cool either way, though. I'll tell Jif you said r. Except I'll make you appear more macho. I'll tell him you said AAARRRRRGGGHHH!

jr, teen selling. How nice.

hoss, I will, my friend, as soon as I know something. Right now, I just have a bunch of whiny questions, no answers yet.

lisabeth, your cancelled travel explanation made me laugh. I say, Eat up!

lawbrat, yep. And I hope our kranki is doing well. I'm sure all of our prayers are being answered. God must be all WHAT IS UP WITH THESE BLOGGERS?!

CK, your BAIB looks good, BABE. Like I told Hoss, I'll tell y'all when I'm sure of anything to tell. It just doesn't make me feel good to blog my confusion; and that's pretty much what I have now. There's my diagnosis: confusion.

hanni you're welcome, love, and thanks for checking in. Have some. It's made with real butter.

mrtl, next time I make a pie, I'll post a pic of it, for you.

bucky, I must object to the selling of boys on this site.

jess, see above; unless I get a cut.

dawn, hi, I put the recipe in Jim's comments, if you wanna go grab it.

bonnie, welcome, any friend of Hoss is a friend of mine :) Thank you for the prayers.

 
Blogger Dawn said...

got it, thanks, and yum-again :)

 
Blogger Effie said...

I have to agree with you--this weekend needed something! I ended up creating a recipe--using the base for the date squares that I make (adapting that slightly by adding some almond extract) and using a can of cherry pie filling with crumble on top. They looked like they turned out lovely--I let them cool and as I had to fast for the next morning's blood work fun, I thought "I'll just bring one in my lunch to work tomorrow". Well, the next morning came around and they were a little too gooey to bring along...so I thought, I'll just leave them in the fridge so my hubby can have a couple with his lunch and I'll have one for dessert at supper. I was looking forward to them ALL DAY yesterday and was ravenous for them when I got home--and guess what I found. Yup. Every last one of them was gone! I didn't even taste a CRUMB! My hubby assures me that they tasted WONDERFUL--and that's why they're gone--he didn't know I didn't have any....

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

love vibes STILL being sent your way, regardless

 
Blogger August95 said...

Oh Susie, I am glad and sorry all at the same time that your test got cancelled. I am also sorry I missed blogging yesterday and am a day late to your post.

Tell us what you want and don't what you don't.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home