header image

Sunday, April 09, 2006

daffodil

Sunday Post ~

"People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross


John 12:35-36

file under: &Sunday Post

20 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger eclectic said...

OOOh, oooh, FIRST!!! Hope you're feeling better. I loves me some daffodils. Gotta press "post" now before someone offers you snack cakes to be first.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

*heh*

 
Blogger Nina said...

Well it isn't even Sunday yet here in Arizona, come to think of it not yet in Colorado if I was there which I am not.
I am so stealing that quote . . .
Hope this Sunday finds you feeling better.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

you're a peach! mmwah! Happy Sunday ~

 
Blogger Squirl said...

The flower is one of my favorites and that quote is so true.

I hope those stupid stones are done making you miserable. :(

Love and hugs!

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, You think I could be bought, with snack cakes? Never. Well, only a few days a month, maybe ;)

nina, I'm glad you find it theft-worthy. I told Jif I'm coming to visit you in Arizona someday. I just presumed the invitation. Not soon, but some day :)

mrtl, yep, she's a psychiatrist, mostly famous for "death and dying" stuff. Happy Sunday, mrtl :)

annejelynn, thank you, sweetie. I'll take "peach," that's nice.

squirl, I like daffodils, too. So ordinary, but so powerfully symbolic of spring; such power to lift one's mood. And the stones, they are not done :(

 
Blogger Nina said...

The invitation is open ended my dear. I still say we need to have a blogger party down here. . . eclectic is willing, Squirl will come, now we just get Bucky.
A long fall weekend, a long winter weekend or even a long Spring weekend. See we would have a blast . . . the summer down here is too hot for most people. I am so excited that you will come visit. I do know it is too early to make the margaritas . . . but I 'm excited. ;) If it is winter we could defrost mrtl and make her come too. Yeah, I do tend to get ahead of myself. :) Hope today finds you feeling better.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Sunday, Susie!

A lovely picture, and a lovely thought.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mean Shoshie, that is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. And I don't think I'd ever seen it before, so thank you (I did track it down and see that it's from Kubler-Ross, too). And I'm glad you like the stained glass one. I love stained glass, too.
I'm glad eclectic and I are coming for Seder :) We'll be on our best behavior.
"Bless your heart" is absolutely Southern. You can say anything you want to about someone, or to them, as long as you add, "Bless your heart." Or "bless her heart." For example, I could say, "That Shoshie is one mean, nasty girl . . . bless her heart." And you could not take offense. I'm just using that, you know, as a hypothetical ;)
At the end of the day, my sister, it is wonderful, it is perfect, that you are Jewish. That's what I say.
And I have not yet felt inclined to post a picture of a freakin' pork chop, so . . . I think I can hold off on that a bit longer (you're killin' me!).
Yes, I am still a stoner :( Hopefully soon, they'll pass, so they don't have to go rummaging around "in there."
I'm thinking with the holidays coming up . . . maybe the stones will "pass" to celebrate Passover, or they'll "roll away" to celebrate Easter . . . either one would be fine by me. I'm starting to think the damned things aren't at all religious, though . . .
Sam is always welcome, here.
And I will look forward to Nikki's letter, even though I know it will make me cry, because that's just how that WENCH is. I hope she hasn't had to "throttle" any Cambodians, with her little Marie Osmond-looking BADASS self. Bless her heart.

nina, that makes me smile, and I am truly looking forward to it, whatever season it ends up in :)

ck, and a lovely commenter :) Happy Sunday to you, sweetheart.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Light from within? I think I need a new bulb.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrB, you made me laugh. I think you shine just fine :)

 
Blogger Nina said...

Just checking in on you . . . Last Sunday I posted a picture of our stained glass this Sunday you posted a quote about stained glass. I'm thinking spring is in the air.
Hope you are doing okay . . .

 
Blogger Amy said...

"And all at once
I saw a crowd, a host-
of golden daffodils,
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Shimmering and dancing in the breeze".

Lovely post, Susie. Happy Sunday, Happy Daffodils to you!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Kubler-Ross knew what she was talking about!

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Today I am posting before reading the bible verse. That's because I love daffodils, and Wordsworth (which someone quoted) and stained glass. So this is a great Sunday post for me already. ;-)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr B -- let me know where you get your new bulb. I've been a little dim these days as well. :)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I think a few of us could use a bulb replacement.

Wait, why does it sound dirty when I say it?

Feel better, dammit, and evict those stones pronto! It's like they got all up in there are started a colony.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, got a new bulb... now where do I screw this thing in at?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Chia, ask Bloggy. I think he knows.

 
Blogger Kerri Anne said...

Purty. I heart Spring!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home