header image

Sunday, March 19, 2006

waiting1

waiting2


Sunday Post ~

"The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith
You take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part." -- Tom Petty


Isaiah 40:29-31

I am still waiting. And my waiting, as tough as it is for me, is lightweight waiting, compared to Deb's. Remember to keep loving her (comments :) and praying for her.

file under: &Sunday Post

47 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Waiting is always hard. Waiting for pain to go away is even harder. Time warps and it seems forever. Prayers and hugs for both you and Deb. You're so sweet to think of someone else when you're in misery yourself.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I forgot to say that I love the flower pictures too. :-)

 
Blogger Candy said...

Ok I am just going to say it, waiting SUCKS. It sucks. I mean, at least your not standing in a line waiting, because who knows what you would say to people what with all the drugs, but this just blows.


I dont think im going to pray them away, because I think praying would involve asking nicely, I mean you cant really stink eye God.

So I here by internet stink eye your stones. I stomp my foot at them, growl, sneer and roll my eyes in a insulting manner. They showed up without an invitation, and have totally overstayed their welcome, flat out those stones are just rude.

I am still totally giving them my worst mom stink eye. And really, I have been told my stink eye is VERY scary.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Sometimes I really believe we have pain so we know that feeling of relief. May you feel refief soon, and bask in that feeling.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hi Susie.

 
Blogger c said...

My husband and I *always* say that the waiting is the hardest part.

It really, really is.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I really hope you and Deb get better soon. For both your sakes I am waiting for the happy posts that talk about anything but pain and hurt and weariness. I want you both to feel "normal" again.

Thank you for the pictures of flowers blooming. I am waiting for flowers to bloom here. Your waiting for your pain to go away is worse though. I hope you feel better soon.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prayed for both you and Deb this morning. Hoping your pain and hers is gone soon, and that your health is restored.

The waiting, it sucks.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh Susie, how you do it with so much grace and humor I'll never understand. Of course this waiting is impossible! You can do this, and you are DOING this, just like Deb. Pain is pain, regardless of the cause. I wish I could remove it from you both. While we wait for it to run its course, I will be holding you and Deb close to my heart.

Out, damn stone!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope its getting better by the pee pee.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Pretty soon, Susie. Pretty soon. Don't give up.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I love your Petty-ism today (which is hardly petty, but that's beside the point).

Everyone's waiting pain pales in comparison to someone else's, I s'pose. I hope you don't have much more on the wait plate.

(but really, I would think right now that peeing is the hardest part...)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I'm sending much love and good thoughts to you, Susie, but I'm spittin' nails mad right now, so I figured on aiming some of this anger at that stubborn stone of "yourn" (which, if you say it just right can sound like "urine", which in my own little head is hysterically funny...). See? I feel better already just being here. I can only hope and pray that you feel better now, too.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Just think of the cartwheels you will turn and the leaps of rapture and thanksgiving that you will jump into and the overall fabulousness of it all when the waiting's all done.

I've got your eBay account all ready to sell those stones.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Let me add that on Saturday evening I purchased the first Traveling Wilburys on CD. Petty does such a wunnerful job on that disc.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Maybe you could raffle off the stones when you're all done. And the proceeds could go to, um...charity! Yeah, that's it.

The Susie Fairchild Ice for My Pee Pee Fund.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

*whispering*

Hey, Soooosie. Um, is it gone yet?

 
Blogger Susie said...

Dear Friends, Thank you one and all for your kindness, encouragement, cursing, praying and singing. I means so much, you just don't know. I want to say (and I know you already know this), I do not equate my situation with Deb's in any way. I would take a year of what I have over 1 hour of what she is dealing with. I know you understand that.
UPDATE: It's not bad news, just could be better. The larger stone has not passed, although it does appear to have moved. When it was stuck, beginning Saturday, I was having regular, almost rhythmic spasms in my bladder -- I told Bucky it felt like Mike Tyson or some other psychotic former heavyweight champ was squeezing my bladder gleefully. That's when I had to double up on the pain meds. The pain is of the same type, but not nearly as frequent or as strong, which is why I think the stone has moved. The plan is still to hope and pray and use Flomax to try to pass the thing, and hope it doesn't get lodged again. So, not in nearly as much pain, but still not done yet, either.

Thank you all. God bless you every one.
XOXOXOX

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Hey, sweetie, we're all still here with you. I hope that sucker's moving. I don't know how it'd have the nerve to stick around with all of us after it. :-)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Waiting can be nerve wracking. Of course, even as we wait changes take place.

Do not remember the former things,
or consider the things of old.
I am about to do a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
~ Isaiah 43:18-19

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Here's my song for you tonight:

"I can pee freely now, the stone is gone.

I can't feel any obstacles in my way!

Gone is the large stone that had me down.

It's gonna be a bright.., bright, pee-freely day!"

Hugs to you, sister dear!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it is taking so long to feel better my dear. It was nice that you came to check on me. Peace.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

Eternity's one of those mental blocks -
The concept is inconceivable.
The clock concedes it in ticks and tocks,
Belittled, belaboured, believeable.

Each passing moment is seized and chewed
With argument incontestable.
Premasticated, like baby food,
"Eternity" is digestible.

- Piet Hein

(For when things take too long)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I love the way the buds in the first pic look like they are wrapped in tissue paper. Like a gift.

Here's to hoping you can pull off a quick eviction of this latest squatter.

 
Blogger Susie said...

stone news:
It ain't going anywhere. Or, it ain't coming out. Yet. It has moved so that the pain is of a very different type. I don't know how to say much more without sending readers running from my site, clutching their peepeeparts. The pain is bearable without controlled substances, now. It's just not DONE yet, which is what I want. The medical plan remains the same: keep hoping it comes out on its own, so that no one has to go in and get it. Not even little Dennis Quaid. It's getting OLD. I found myself hoping that I don't have to wait until Easter to "roll away the stone." I am Christian. But not THAT Christian. :p
I will talk to the docs again tomorrow and see if there's something else I could be doing. I've started drinking heavily again, and I have to turn upside down 3 times a day for 30 minutes each. This will be good training for when we go on our concert tour, though. I'm not entirely comfy sitting at the computer, which is why I'm not doing it much. I am laptopless. I hope to be back soon with a non-pee post. I vaguely remember them . . .

 
Blogger Nina said...

Laptopless and peepeeparts ~ thats my girl, talking dirty . . . I hope you feel better real soon sweetie. Okay I'll join everyone else, out damn stone, out!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

That had better be a rolling stone, and soon. *gentle hugs*

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I can't believe you're still going through this? (I almost wrote, I can't believe this all hasn't passed yet - !!! - oh, well, I did, but I should get credit for not writing that alone as my comment, yes?)

Hang in there!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to let you know I'm thinkin' about ya. Thanks for keeping us updated in the comments.

This too shall pass!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

If that thing is still in there at Easter, I vote you paint it festive colors and let your doctor go Easter-egg hunting.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally like Bucky's idea... but not the fact that it might be in there until Easter!

Ok, here's a cheer for you!

Pee it out!
Pee it out!
WAAAYY OUT!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Just stopping by to let you know you're still in my thoughts and prayers, dear.

Love and hugs to you, Susie.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Yipes! I was really hoping it was gone now, after my little song and all. DAMN! I don't mind the P.P. posts (which actually, are pretty funny...), but for your sake I wish the whole thing were finished. I don't like you being in pain -- and I'm glad it's not quite as bad as it was. Sending you pain-free, stone-be-gone vibes!

 
Blogger Susie said...

the good news: I felt well enough to go to work today for a few hours

the bad news: the stone is still there (and probably has some friends, too) BUT, it is in a spot that causes "discomfort" rather than "please-kill-me-now" level of pain.

the news that might make nikki hit me: I did not call the docs today, BECAUSE docs get mad if they call you back and they can't reach you, and I wasn't going to be reachable because I was with clients. I will call, and be reachable tomorrow, though. Honest.

Thank you everyone. This will be over soon. It HAS to be. I am boring myself to death.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Oh jeeez! Still there? I am sending the most potent good vibes your way. This thing has got to give.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm tapping my foot, that stone (and company) had better be leaving my sister alone really soon.

Glad it's down to discomfort, but not happy that you're not 100% yet.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness. I'm glad the pain is getting more managable (sp?), but enough is enough!!

OUT STONE OUT! That is a command. Clear language. No ambiguity. OUT STONE OUT!

I dropped a little get well thingy in the mail for you yesterday. Maybe it will make the stone come out? Dance around, get the internals shaking, and dont forget to take pictures ;-)

Love you!

~Peaches

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Of course, that's IT! Dancing!! That's just what we need here to foster the stone-be-gone process. Anyone wanna play DJ?

***going to dust off the disco-ball***

 
Blogger Susie said...

I DID call the docs, to prevent being injured by BADASS NIKKI. The plan is to do what I'm doing until Monday; hopefully all the "debris" will be cleared out by then. If I still have "discomfort," I will get an xray on Monday, and proceed from there. I am getting little bits better every day. Just not as quickly or completely as I had hoped. Thanks for checking on me, one and all.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Susie, I am thinking of you and I hope you are feeling better.

Now posts all week...at this rate you may as well leave the Sunday Post up for this Sunday. :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sooooosie, thank you for the update, darlin! Little bits better every day is VERY COOL. I hope that process speeds up some over the weekend.

 
Blogger Jomama said...

Just checking up on you. Good to see you are updating in the comments. Glad you're not in as much pain anymore. *Hugs*

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm with CK, I'd rather hear little bits better than not better at all.

Love and hugs!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was here last night, I thought maybe your absence was because you were in the hospital or something. Glad to see that you're not, but I'm sorry the rocks haven't moved along already.

Here's hoping they're out TODAY so you don't have to worry about the x-ray and all the other junk, and so you can get on with your pain-free life!

Word verification (no lie): MYPPR - my peepee'r!!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Still thinking about you, dear.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I was here earlier in the week to check up on you and offer words of encouragement (not the same as Deb, no, but still). Alas, I was hit by the evil smenita and was unable to register my presence at that time. Well, here I am today to see how things are going with you, and to thank you for stopping by my blog in your internet travels.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I came to see if the counter top was done yet? I see not, but I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home