header image

Friday, April 07, 2006

Biscuit Friday ~ Heathen Hound (encore presentation)

Since Palm Sunday is in a couple of days, I thought I'd recycle last year's Biscuit pix.

How a VBD Celebrates Palm Sunday:



He steals the palm from a church-going child...




...and he chews it up. Like a heathen.


Thank you all for checking in while I've been vegging out. I am doing very well, healthwise, I believe. Off to the doc today with new kidney xrays in hand, hopefully to be "released." I know some have been wondering where I've been. While I was out of it for such a long time, with my European issues, a lot of things IRL were neglected. Like work (especially paperwork), and family, and home, and me. So I've been playing catch-up. And I'm still doing that, but I hope to start posting more often next week.

Some of you have already received emails with the subject line, "I SUCK." More of you will. Because it's true. I have forgotten, and neglected and lost, a lot of emails, and I am sad and sorry for that. And I'm trying to do better. To suck a little less. It's not just emails; I've been dropping balls all over the place. And yes, I am aware of how entertained some of you are by the sucking and the balls and whatnot . . . but if I can't give you these little gifts, after all we've been through together, then *sniff* then, what good is blogging, anyway?

Even though I haven't been around much, I did have a most delightful surprise this week. If you look under my "Major Awards" heading on the sidebar -- that would be the heading where people who know me give me lovely awards because I ask them to, nicely :) and/or offer them treats -- you will see the coveted "Fruit Fly Award," created and bestowed by Jim. It is, he says, "an award given to a non-homo who exemplifies acceptance, tolerance and human kindness." As the famous people always say, "It was an honor just to be nominated." Well, duh. That's why I nominated myself.

Jim went on to say some very nice, and very undeserved, things about me. I wish I were as good a person, as good a Christian, as he said. It is interesting to me, has been interesting to me, here, how mostly it is the people who don't believe as I do, who acknowledge and affirm my beliefs. The people who would claim to share my core beliefs, pretty much packed up and headed for the hills back when I wrote a post about my ass. I actually received emails from the evangelicals who had been reading here, telling me how disappointed they were in me, and how disappointed God was in me. I should have expected it. I mean, everyone knows, evangelicals don't have asses. No, seriously, I have dear evangelical friends IRL. My beliefs are probably more like theirs than different, except on the whole gay thing. And that is a pretty significant difference. I don't speak here for any organized religious group. While I do belong to a particular denomination, my beliefs are not entirely theirs, nor theirs entirely mine.

And my beliefs are evolving all the time. But what stays the same is that God loves each of us, the same. And we are told to do likewise. I am proud of my Fruit Fly Award. Thank you, Jim.

And I also want to say here, that Jim is a man of the utmost integrity. A man who could never be bribed with the promise of rich, moist snack cakes delivered to his door by the UPS man, in shorts. Not even when those snack cakes are chocolate and filled with peanut butter cream, and dipped in more chocolate. And especially not when the name of those snack cakes includes "funny" and "bone." Puh-leeeese, what possible interest would Jim have in either "funny" or "bone"? He's not into those things. Not Jim.

27 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Kerri Anne said...

Congratulations on your Fruit Fly award! And a hearty Amen! to what you wrote about God loving us the same, and about your beliefs vs. your church's. While I share your core beliefs, I can also promise you I won't ever "head for the hills" upon talk of asses or gay rights. You're stuck with me, is what I'm saying. And also, Jim is right: you are great, and deserving of such a rad award. :)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hi Susie. I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Mmmmm, biscuits.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Hey! There's a fly on mine!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmm...cream filled bones - what could be better? *ahem*..

I mean, OF COURSE I WOULD FIND THAT KIND OF THING...(um...what'm I supposed to say here? Oh yeah)...TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE AND CRUDE.

Heh. Bone.

And you DO deserve the award. You're a rare individual who realizes that it's more important to look at a person's humanity, their conscience, their ethics and personality and you also realize that what people do with their private parts is so low on the list that it SHOULD be irrelevant.

So thank you. :) I hope your collection comes in the mail today.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

I'd been missing you, dear, but just ASSumed (hee) you had a lot of catching up to do after your European troubles. I'm glad you posted.

Love, hugs, and blessings to you, Susie.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, so many comments to make on this post:

- The heathen pics are awesome--he cracks me up.

- I'm glad to hear you're feeling much better. I was hoping it was the IRL stuff that was keeping you away, and not a lack of interest in blogging.

- Congratulations on your award! It's very cool, even if you did have to drop some major hints to get it.

- I just don't get the Christians and the hate. I understand that we don't all believe the same things, even though we may fit under that big umbrella called Christianity. But do you have to go all mean on someone's ass about it? There's room for respectful disagreement, even if you're going to send an email to someone from the internet that you've never met. Why you gotta go and get all mean about it?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Jim may not be interested in those sorts of snack cakes, but I'm certainly intrigued by the description...

You are truly a wonderful, wonderful person with a tremendous heart.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Congratulations on your new award. It is wonderful . . . I am a great judge of people, always have been. So you have to believe me when I say you are not a good person, but a very GREAT one.
Oh, and pay no never mind to the people behind the curtain without asses.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hey I just thought of something. Didn't Jesus, On Palm Sunday, ride into Jerusalem on an Ass?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me with the "in shorts" specification :D. Screw the snack cakes, BRING ON THE UPS MAN!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Wait. If I had known about Funny Bones, I could have bribed him too? Gaaaaah! Ignorance of snack cakes once again leads to my demise. I'm obviously going to have to do snack cake research this weekend.

***off to the store for snack cakes***

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Eclectic! Wait! Can I come with you? I could use some snack cake edumacation, too!

 
Blogger Nina said...

P.S. This quote on my site reminded me of you . . .

Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another.
George Eliot

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Snack Cakes and Biscuit picture...
ahh, such a Blissful feeling.

When I worked for 3 years in a cafeteria, our UPS guy looked very much like Cinque in the movie AMISTAD. Three women workers would argue about who got to sign for the delivery.
I haven't thought about those days for awhile.
Your therapist vibes are still in working order, and I am glad your body and life are playing catch-up.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

So pleased to see that you're able to do another post. I'm sure life has been hectic.

And I think that some Christians could improve their credibility by acting a bit more Christ-like. Congrats on the Major Award!!!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Heh heh heh, we used to piss our dad off ROYALLY by letting the cats play with the blessed palms on Palm Sunday. It never got old.

And I always knew you had it in you to snag that fruit fly award, though I have to say, Eclectic was competing in a serious manner.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, and I SUCK too. For all the blogs I haven't been to in a couple of weeks.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about the bones or the fruit flies but I'm quite glad to see you tonight my dear! LOL

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Biscuit and the palm cracked me up!
He is so cute.
Congratulations on the Fruit Fly Award! :oD

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may or may not think this is very, very bad. Is this Sunday Easter Sunday? Like, tomorrow? Or, a week from tomorrow? I hope its a week from tomorrow, or else i'm in big trouble.


I sent ya something out today to give you some lifting up.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Dear Friends, I don't want to post about it, because I'm SO freakin' tired of doing so, so I thought I'd update here for the comment-readers. Within a couple of hours of this post, it all came back. The pain, more stones passing . . . DAMMIT! So I'm not "released," I'm on more meds, and in wait-and-see mode to see whether I pass the rest on my own or whether a surgical extraction procedure is required. Don't want that; it will be more complex and invasive than the previous "blowing up" of the stones. So I'm still hoping to pass them the old-fashioned, painful way :(

kerri, Thank you; you are very kind, and it's so nice to meet you :)

william, hi, yourself, and I really was, there for a few days.

mr.B, there are often flies, and worse, on the Biscuits around here.

mean Shoshie, no whining! Wine, yes; whine, no. I would love to meet the blah blah blah family, and share Passover with you. Maybe some day. But not those nasty fish. Blech! I know you know about Palm Sunday. It fascinates me that you went to Catholic school. I was raised Baptist. You probably fit in to Catholic school better than I would have ;)

jim, thank you again. And I really am going to Funny Bone you by return mail :)

ladybug, thank you. I've been thinking of you, lots :)

sharkey, I agree on the Christianity thing. There are so many different flavors. And hate has no place in any of them. None at all.

ck, I haven't sent your little giftie yet. Shall I pop in a box of Funny Bones, too? Just say the word.

nina, you REALLY made me laugh with that one. I'm a pretty good judge of people, too. And I think you're someone not to be argued with ;) So I humbly accept your too-generous compliment, and return it to you.

william, your theological acumen never ceases to amaze. So he did. And I imagine a very nice one.

chchchchia, screw the snack cakes? Them might be fightin' words around here. And just what would you do, then, with the UPS man? What if he wants some of the snack cakes? You have to think these things through...

eclectic, it is true, I had an unfair advantage, having once had email snax with Jim, during which I extolled the virtues of Funny Bones, and I KNEW he was intrigued. And you can't get them there. tsk tsk tsk

ck, see previous comment to you. Just say so, and they're yours.

nina, that is so lovely. Thank you, my friend. (Hey, wait a minute . . . are you trying to get some snack cakes, too?)

mrsDoF, thank you, and I'm glad to have revived such an appealing memory. I am hopeful that my current relapse will be short-lived.

thank you, Squirl, for everything :)

bucky, I'm sure cats can make short work of palms :) And you are so right, eclectic was a very worthy contender; she just didn't have the snack cake card to play, like I did. You and I both SUCK. I doubt that many are surprised. Oh wait, that wasn't the nicest thing to say. I mean, um, "you don't suck, Bucky." There :)

traci, hi, it's good to see you, too :)

shoshie, I really would like to. I will send a representative ;)

MoDis, may I call you that? I think it's a very HOT nickname, suitable for you. Thank you; and Biscuit has lived this long due to his occasional cuteness.

peaches, it's a week from tomorrow, baby. A lot of people are making that mistake, though, so don't feel bad. I have something to get in the mail to you that must get there before Easter, too :) Thanks for thinking of me. Lift me up? What is it? A trampoline? A crane? I've been sitting around on my butt for a couple of months now. Lifting me up could be a challenge.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Whatever it takes to get cake. ;)
Take care of you Susie, I was hoping the pee-nut diaries were closed. I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way and really hope that they come out without medical intervention.
Take care of you!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy to hear you’re feeling better. The pics are neat.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Do we hafta start doing some kind of voodoo act to get those stupid stones out of you???

Thinking that you were feeling better, I had slacked off on the prayers. Better get 'em rolling again.

Sure hope you can get some sleep tonight.

 
Blogger Vajana said...

congratulations on the award. It is well deserved.

Some Christians could definitely learn a lesson from you. I am surrounded by these people on a regular basis, I knowz what I'm talkin' about.

And those snack cakes! I have never heard of such things and I am jealous. Where to get them???

 


Post a Comment

<< Home