header image

Sunday, March 26, 2006

origami bunnies

Sunday Post ~ "Origami bunnies can help you feel better." -- LG Fairchild


Psalm 27
(aka "the origami bunny Psalm")

file under: &Sunday Post

41 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Susie said...

oh, stop! There is no "origami bunny Psalm!" This is just one I was reading yesterday ;)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

What? There's no "origami bunny Psalm"?

Well, what about the paper Santa prayer?

And the crepe Great Pumpkin gospels?

*sigh*

There goes my innocence, like sands through a greased hourglass.

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

It's all good, Bucky.
There is no need to hide in the shelter of his tabernacle.
The passage says to be strong and take heart.
Innocence is embraced at Susie's Place.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I saw those bunnies on Flickr yesterday. I love them.

Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger Nina said...

I just have to thank Miss LG Fairchild and her mom for making my Sunday.
Happy Sunday all!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*still waiting for the power of the bunnies to wash over me*

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. B! YOU ARE HEAL-LED!

FEEL the power of the bunnies WASHING over your SOUL! YAAA-YES!

LOVE the origami bunnies... and LG, and Susie.

Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What cute bunny webbises!

So here I was, reading the Bunny Psalm (for those of you who don't know the Bunny Psalm, it's Psalm 27:2) - When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

And of course, it means that you can't have rabbit stew or lamb chops for Easter. Don't listen to that Susie girl - she's already been stoned.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I didnt read 'oragimi' as oragimi. I was thinking of your forehead. You just do that to me Susie!

Kelli is cracking my up!!

Happy Sunday everyone!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I always thought 'Be fruitful and multiply' was the Bunny Text in the bible.

Shoshie, I will commission the origami artist in my family to make you a Passover Python if you want.

It's good to see Rev. Susie back in charge of Church of the Sunday Post. Have a great day, sis!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hah. eclectic's comment was funny.


Wow A whole Psalm was the reading not just a line or two but the whole thing.

Happy Sunday

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree about origami! Today is still Sunday? It has been so long since this morning when I attended worship that I had almost forgotten. Thanks for the bunnies; they did help me feel better after a long and arduous day.

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, so you're the one who greased my hourglass!

mrsDoF, yes, innocence is embraced. So is Bucky ;) Come to think of it, there's a pretty short list of things that aren't embraced :)

shoshie, aren't they cute? We will look into some Passover themed origami. I know that your job is to aggravate, and you're damned good at it. You should get a raise. If you will email me your address (whatwasit@comcast.net), I would so enjoy hooking you up with an Easter basket. And I'd promise not to stalk you and your lovely family (except sometimes in late Feb. and early March, I just get SO bored, but that's already passed, you wouldn't have to worry about stalking for at least a year :)
And of course, I know you have your own hook-up with the nut hut; I just think you'll have more fun at Dr. John's. And after all, FUN is what psychiatric hospitalization is all about ;)

squirl, bunnies and squirls are natural friends :)

nina, that is so sweet. Glad you enjoyed :)

mr B, CK has got you covered :)

CK, a most inspiring healing service, there, Rev. CK.

jim, you never cease to amaze me. Your adroit scriptural interpretation deserves a wide audience. (I've never said "adroit" here before :)

peaches, I am a diva and I smell like a pina colada! Love you, and thank you SO much!

nikki, it's Monday now, so I wish you happy Monday. I still think you might need to whip out that inner BADASS at some point. I'll email soon. I'm thinking of you and your journey, and your lovely heart and powerful brain, all the time. And you know what, we would love to hear the story of what early memory shaped your life, which I suspect may also be the story of why you became a doctor. But either or both, I hope you will tell, before you leave on your excellent adventure.

eclectic, and it's good to see you in the pew :) Although, have you read these comments? I don't think I'm in charge anymore :0
Passover PYTHON?

william, I thought this congregation needed an entire chapter.

momo, yes, eclectic is a HOOT. She's my sister, you know? I'm so proud :)

ssnick, I'm so glad. They make me feel better, too :)

mrtl, hmmm, seeing you makes me want to check into an origami moose . . .

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooo... did someone say pina coladas?

 
Blogger eclectic said...

When in doubt, choose alliteration. Passover Python. Wha?? You think I should have gone with "Puppy"?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm... I kind of like "Passover Pina Coladas"...

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Cute bunnies! And I see ladybugs!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I waited with high hopes, then she walked in the place.
I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face.
It was my own lovely lady, and she said, "Oh, it's you."
And we laughed for a moment, and I said, "I never knew"..

"That you liked Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
And the feel of the ocean, and the taste of champagne.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
You're the love that I've looked for, come with me, and escape."

"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
You're the love that I've looked for, come with me, and escape."

********
I'm glad you like it. Happy Monday to you! Go Diva, Go Diva!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Those are so cute. Very happy and cute.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

CK, that's GENIUS!!!!!

 
Blogger dddragon said...

I just might have to save that photo and use it in a few days ...

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

booners (as in Bunnies!!!) are the best! - a lil' cousin of mine calls them "booners"...

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"Hey, Hubby! Some person on the internet that I never met before in real life thinks I'm GENIUS!"

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey kiddo - hope you're OK..you haven't posted for a few days and we're all thinking happy, gay thoughts for you.

 
Blogger Candy said...

Ok ive been trying to be good, but day after day i come back here and see multiple origami bunnies.

My brain is about to pop with filthy comments. Its slowly melting out my ears...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica and I must be on the same wavelength. I'm thinking the same thing about the multiple oragamsi bunnies!

No, thats not a typo.

Hope all is ok with you!!

 
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

And this is why I've missed you. Random oragami bunnies! Yes!

 
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

What goes better than Orgami bunnies and a long Bic Barbacue lighter...hmmmm

Dr H.O. Potamus

 
Blogger eclectic said...

OK, the origasmi bunnies aren't helping me feel better anymore. I fear they have overrun your home, and you are defenseless, running for your life, and I can't reach you to help, and OH NO, the bunnies are plotting to take over the world! They're in league with the aliens! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, come back and defend your origami bunnies. People are casting aspersions.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eclectic has a point. You know how bunnies multiply.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore these origami bunnies.

I like multiple orgasms too.

But my bunny can't have any of those right now :(

And I am guessing neither can your hoo hoo.

xo

 
Blogger Susie said...

HEY! Stop casting aspersions at the bunnies! If you're going to cast something, cast origami carrots!

ck, this is late, but now I want a Pina Colada for breakfast. I really do.

eclectic, nonono. There's probably some excellent Yiddish word that begins with a P . . . we'll ask the master.

ladybug, you do, indeed. I love them, they are special to me :)

peaches, I'm not much into health food; I am into champagne . . .
I love it when you sing to me. And I do love my gifts, thank you SO much again :)

kranki, thank you, I am enjoying them (and they are multiplying).

eclectic, finally the world will recognize CK's genius :)

dddragon, welcome, and you are most welcome to the photo :)

annejelynn, you have the cutest words :)

ck, you do that, too? I'm always like, "Well, THEY think I'm nice!" ;)

jim, thank you, sweetie. I am actually quite well. It's just that when I wasn't, I got way behind in the rest of life, and am trying to catch up :)

JR, I cannot begin to imagine what you're talking about. Multiple bunnies? What is dirty about that? These are good, clean bunnies . . .

peaches, I'm good, see note to Jim. You and Jessica need help.

PLUM! Let me look at you. Oh, purple and juicy and delicious and refreshing as EVER. I am SO happy to see you here :)

hippo, I draw the line at people grilling my bunnies. They are NOT barbecuties.

eclectic, you're a little bit right. LG is learning all sorts of origami. We have bunnies, frogs, parrots, boxes, . . . more to come, I'm sure.

squirl, I knew I could count on you to look out for the woodland creatures. I'll try to be around more.

peaches, yep, they are multiplying, indeed.

shoshie, I don't know about a Passover Post. I think I'm going to recycle last year's Easter Post. We do need a good name for the band, although I still like Nikki and the Sisters. Would you believe I will be joining friends for a Seder meal, and even more strange(?) would you believe I have a Mezzuzah above my door? An actual, real life Jewish friend gifted it to me.
Ask little Miss "National Lampoon's Cambodian Adventure" just who is going to shake their head over you when she leaves?

sheryl, speechless, I am. I would never give out TMI like that here! (OK, you got me.) Seriously, I am not greedy; one is just fine by me, most days. Talking origami bunnies, of course :) And Sheryl, I would only say this to you here and mean it from the bottom of my heart: been thinking about your hoo hoo most every day.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Soosie... I was up in the middle of the night because Sweet Pea needed me and just as I got back in bed, the lyrics from The Pina Colada song started in my head.

I thought of you immediately.

And then I pretty much fell right to sleep.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I saw this post on Sunday and I know I usually comment on your Sunday posts, Susie, but it's usually something lame like, "Great post. Thanks." So I must have figured origami bunnies deserved something better. And they do. It's just that it's already Thursday and I haven't thought of anything better to say yet. So, um, "Hey! Those origami bunnies sure are cute!"

 
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

What are you....on strike or something?

Dr H.O. Potamus

 
Blogger Nina said...

I was here, that is all . . . all the while making a strenuous effort not to cast aspersions at the orgasmic bunnies ::: since the Easter Bunny will be Coming soon. :P I'm being good. :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, I have that effect on people, honey :)

nikki, would it help if I sang KC and the Sunshine Band:

Babe, I love you so
I want you to know
that I'm going to miss your love
the minute you walk out that door

so please don't go
don't go, don't go away
please don't go
don't go, I'm begging you to stay

If you live, at least in my life time
I had one dream come true
I was blessed to be loved
by someone as wonderful as you

Hey hey hey
I need your love
I'm down on my knees
beggin' please please
please don't go
don't you hear me baby
don't leave me now
oh no no no don't go

No? I said it at your place and in email, my friend. I hope and wish and pray every good thing for you, as you abandon us all here :(
Make sure you sign over custody of Shoshie, in case um, "steps" have to be taken, you know? XOXOXOX

karen, cute is good. Nothing wrong with cute :)

hippo, why, you gonna offer me more money? Your last check bounced . . .

nina, I love it when good girls talk dirty to me :)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

OK, I'm going to resort to the email approach soon. I'm officially worried about you, sis o' mine.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm finding it so saddening to read the comments here between you and nikki and shoshie... :(

 
Blogger Susie said...

raz, when your comment showed up in my email, it directed me back here. I have read and reread all of Nikki's emails, but I hadn't gone back through comments. I am beyond sad, but reading this, it mostly makes me thankful. I am blessed beyond all I ever deserved, to have been touched by her. Now, I must say, reading "Please Don't Go," gets to me a little bit. I would've sung that silly song much longer and louder if I'd only known. But we never know. Thanks, Raz.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home