header image

Sunday, March 12, 2006

amaryllis

Sunday Post ~ "It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Hebrews 13:1-3

file under: &Sunday Post

14 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Emerson was a wise man.

Happy Sunday, sis!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Yes, Emerson knew what he was talking about. Many of us need this reminder.
Happy Sunday Susie!

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Another beautiful Sunday post. Thanks, Susie!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Emerson - except his clock radios tend to break easily.

And the 'brotherly love' passage is nice - wouldn't it be grand if it were practiced world-wide?

 
Blogger August95 said...

Very pretty flower Susie. Great quote also. Thanks for the early morning Sunshine :)

 
Blogger Ern said...

So does that mean you'll help me by coming over and taking one of my tests for me? Well...that might not really help either of us. Maybe you'll come help by threatening to wack my legs with a switch if I don't get off the computer and study?

Thanks for the post. Happy Sunday. :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Emerson’s wisdom is beyond too many people in contemporary America.
Of course, even in Emerson’s day it wasn’t new. In 600 B.C.E. Lao-Tze wrote: “The wise man does not lay up treasure. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own.”

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Could I have a more wonderful sister if I hand-picked her myself? No, I don't think so! Oh wait... I DID hand-pick you myself. Well, that explains it, then, doesn't it?! ;)

Lovely, lovely post. Thank you for it!

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, to you too, sweetie. Have fun!

nina, Happy Sunday to you. I hope all is well with you.

shoshie, of course you are welcome many, many times. I did not know he was a minister, but yes, that fits.
You know what, shoshie, sarah used to say the same thing to me, that MJ and I said the same kinds of things. It makes me smiley and just a tiny bit sad for you to say the same thing she used to say. Not sad in a bad way -- it just touches my heart.

You know I love to hear you sing. You should make Sam a list. He seems like a great guy, even if he has been known to frequent strip clubs ;) Jif puts up with me, too. To an amazing degree, actually.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you want me to pass on to Jif the info that I have a "wonderful A"? OK, I can do that; just in case he's forgotten, over the years ;)
Love you, too, Shoshie. I hope you're doing well.

aw, thank you, karen, and of course, you are welcome to it :)

jim, you can't write brilliantly and make a decent clock radio, too; it's just too much to ask. It is practiced world-wide; just in some parts of the world more widely than others.

august, you are welcome. I have missed your lovely pix, I'll visit soon :)

ern, if you really wanted me to, I guess I could do that; but you're right, my taking your test would be the end of your medical career.

momo, I really like the way you said that, "the more we love outwardly..." I am finding that to be very true :)

ssnick, well, to that, I must quote Mr. Green Jeans (which I do at every opportunity): Love is something, if you give it away, you'll end up having more.

eclectic, I have an email in my head for you, honey. Just hasn't come out my fingers, yet. I am very much in favor of hand-picking one's family. And very happy to have been picked by you :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had your site comments open for like 2 hours meaning to comment. I am such a dork.

I love the message, and the quote.

Love you Susie! Happy Anniversary to you and Jif.

And wouldnt it be nice if we could all hand-pick our families?

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Have you entertained Angels unaware?


Happy Sunday. Thinking about you for tomorrow.

 
Blogger Susie said...

peaches, please don't call my friend a dork (unless she likes that sort of thing). I love you, too, and thank you for the wishes. And who says we can't hand-pick our families? There is a lot of that going on around here :)

mean shoshie, I'm sorry you've had such a rainy day. (I won't sing rainy days and Mondays, but I'm thinking it.) I KNEW what "A" you meant, I was just being vulgar, because . . . just because.

It's still a very wonderful pod. And thank you for

Singin' in the rain'
Just singin' in the rain!

william, :) You get a gold star. And I expect sometimes I do just that, right here. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Wait, are the angels unaware, or am I? And who's doing the entertaining?

I'm so very confused.

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, YOU are entertaining; and the angels usually look the other way and pretend to be unaware ;)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home