header image

Sunday, February 05, 2006

picnic monkey

Sunday Post ~ "What other people think about me is not my business." -- Michael J. Fox


Micah 6:8

file under: &Sunday Post

28 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger eclectic said...

Ha!!! Mrtl just cracked me up! Naughty Mrtl...

Happy Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger Dawn said...

cute monkey :)
have a good day

 
Blogger Susie said...

naughtymrtl, thank you for taking care of that head thing. You are so thoughtful like that. Look at my monkey. Wouldn't you be confident?

eclectic, to you too, my dear. I hope you're having a cheesey weekend ;)

dawn, thanks, you, too. Hope there's skiing involved. And snowmans.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

That is way too true. We need to stop worrying about what people think of us.

and our monkeys.

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, both of those are easier as we get older, don't you think? And I am so jillis of your and Bucky's excellent adventure ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Golly - I never thought I'd live to see the day when Susie:

A) posted her monkey on the internet
B) said to someone "look at my monkey"

*sniff*...I'm so PROUD.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

A little comedy for a Sunday morning inspirational post.

I think I'll go outside and make a couple of snowmen to celebrate.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very true. I've found that people tend to think better of us than we think they think.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Does the Monkey's ass block out the sun?


You stumped me with the Micah.I was like "There is no bible chapter with that name." Sure enough there is. I need to start reading it more often.

 
Blogger mreddie said...

Liked the monkey and the quote by Mr. Fox (his movies too). The latter part of the verse in Micah is in a recent song and really stuck in my head - good plan for living as well. Been having trouble posting and commenting from here at the daughter's in Tennessee. ec

 
Blogger Susie said...

jim, I don't recall anyone asking you to sniff, but whatever. I may have posted a monkey shot once before, for Closet Metro, I believe. But it is true, I usually reserve the monkey shots for email. Ahem, now, an announcement:

Attention, Middle School Students! I wanted to post the quote that I have selected here today. I could not think of a photograph to accompany it. I did find one of an adolescent male in one of my Sunday School classes, with a toilet plunger stuck to his head, but I do not have his consent. Then I found this one, from last winter, when LG and I were wishing we were at the beach, having a picnic. We decided the monkey wished she were at the beach, too, and you see the result of our play time. That is the extent of the monkey business. There was much giggling while we created the tableau and shot the photoshoot, and there was certainly none of the behavior that is being displayed by you hooligans here today. Thank you for your attention. hmmmmph.

karen, I hope you'll photograph your snowMEN.

lawbrat, that is a very optimistic point of view. Good for you. And I really don't want to know anymore. I'm with Michael J.

william, ahem, young man, why are you coming into my home this morning using vulgarity and accusing me of falsifying scripture references? Do we need to have a little talk? If you'll look carefully, you'll see that the monkey's HAT blocks out the sun. And Micah is a mighty fine little book, and ohyesyouDO need to read it more often.

 
Blogger Candy said...

Your monkey might of been just a tad scandelous in that pink bikini but the hat saved the day and turned her into festive and ready to say, Hello world, I am fabulous, I am monkey, I am ready to talk about those banannas I have tucked away..

 
Blogger Joseph said...

I'm sitting here this morning with sunlight spilling through the window, so I click over to here to see what was up. I see that your Monkey and You are both seated and for that I THANK YOU!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go sit in the sun, maybe go for a walk, take some pictures so I remember what it looks like, you know, for when the sun goes away again. I can't expect you and the Monkey to stay seated permenantly. That wouldn't be right.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

"Ainnnnt noooo sunshine when she's gonnnnnne."

I have NO idea why that came to my head when I saw your monkey in her britches.

Hello Sunday.

 
Blogger Nina said...

As I get older I worry less what people think about me. At times I think I should worry more . . . Happy Sunday . . . deary! :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

mreddie, I missed you there. I don't know the song, but to me, this scripture tells us what to be concerned about INSTEAD of being concerned about what others think :)

jess, sure, honey, bananas tucked away, whatever you say...

momo, thanks, I'm glad SOMEONE appreciates it, it's one of my favorites

greenie, how would you like to have detention with William? No, wait, he's really hot, that won't work...Doh!

princesskristine, well, that's better than greenie's insinuation --"Ain't no sunshine when Susie stands up" -- hey, I know, how about YOU could be greenie's detention monitor? :)

nina, oh no, don't worry more. Less and less is the way to go :) Happy Sunday to you, too, Madame Nina.

 
Blogger Ern said...

One of my favorite verses. (Although I have to say (wo)man in my head.) With that, I must be off to the library and stop wasting my time on the internet.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Just perfect.

 
Blogger Maven said...

Love the new layout, Susie!!

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

A cute little monkey at Susie's place. On a Sunday no less!
And if I may, I must tell a story.

Back in my church camp days, a guy who could play the guitar taught us a tune to sing with Micah 6:8. It stayed with me inside my ears all this time.

So, DoF and I are at a great restaurant and the hostess is running around like crazy, and there's family with two littluns waiting beside us for a table in non-smoking.
Little guy about age 3 with huge brown eyes comes over and says "Hi, my name's Micah". His mother, already tired of minding the boys, allows him to talk to these strangers.
So I, the daycare teacher, asked him if he knows there is a Micah in the Bible. At his nod, I asked if that is who he is named for?
Well, no, he is named for his Uncle Micah.
Ohh, then you don't know the song?
Both boys shake their heads.
And I, having years of experience of acting like a nut to keep youngsters from wrecking the place, begin to sing "He hath shown thee...."
My voice ain't great, but that is a song I learned in my youth, so I managed.
All the folks in entire front area of the restaurant were captivated.
When I was done, little Micah asked if I know any other songs.
So I started ABC, and my husband joined me, and of course, both little boys.
Heads were craning in the dining room, wondering what was going on out front.
The hostess hurried back to her station and got names in order again.
Pretty soon we were eating.
But Micah is one of my favorite books, and names, and songs ever since. And now I have another little monkey to remember.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL! Love it!

 
Blogger Susie said...

ern! Bite your tongue! Wasting time? I think NOT ;)

kranki, why thank you; I trust your judgment :)

thanks, maven! I do, too, I'm very happy about it :)

mrsDoF, that is a delightful story, thanks for sharing it. I wonder if your song is the same as mreddie's. Your story makes me think of my little brown-eyed boyfriend with the frekkin' donkey water, last summer :)

shoshie, I love it, too. And I'll bet you've never before in your life said, "That monkey's bra is crooked," and you may never say it again. Savor the moment, Shosh.

traci, I'm glad you're enjoying :)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I, for one, am a little concerned about the placement of the Coke bottle. Would that it were just bananas...the metal lid on that Coke bottle could do some serious monkey damage.

Just lookin' out for your monkey's well-being.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen.

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, your concern is touching. It touches me deeply. So very deep-- *ahem* Where was I? Oh, yes, we are aware of the dangers, and we do have rules here. No sharp things near the monkey. Or something like that.

ssnick, thank you for the blessing. Now please pass the mashed potatoes.

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

That is one darn cute monkey....My granddaughter Ali use to collect monkeys, and she loved Hawaii so I think she would have approved of your monkey.....who looks like she had a great vacation.......

Did I tell you, I love your new sight look........(your blog sight)

 
Blogger DCK said...

Amen to that!!!

 
Blogger Effie said...

I haven't had a chance to read all the comments so I don't know if I'm repeating here, but I LOVE the Michael J. Fox quote--how true!

Hugs to you--I hope alls well this week!

(OK--I just read mrtl's second comment and cracked right up!)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home