header image

Saturday, April 07, 2007

We Did It!

bunnycake front

Every year, I try to make a special Easter dessert with LG. Not that we need extra sugar, what with all the chocolate that is about to appear in baskets, etc. It's just a tradition. WTF has kept me from doing a lot of things, but I'm happy to report, we got the bunnycake made!

Easter basket cupcakes by LG

Plus, because this year's bunnycake only required one layer, we also made basket cupcakes, which LG decorated, quite nicely, I think.

Here is last year's bunnycake. This year's was a bit more challenging. But not much. Go to bed, now, so the Easter bunny can come. Leave him some carrots and a nice drink. LG told us to leave him some lemonade. I think not. He wants wine tonight. I just know it.

15 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger I'm not here. said...

I love the cupcakes! Are those Twizzlers? I may have to try that with my niece and nephew. :)
Happy Easter!
xxx

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Applause! Applause! I only dream of such culinary skills. That bunny could hop on my plate any day. And bring the cupcakes with it.

Still praying for you ... your news sounds encouraging. Much love, old friend.

 
Blogger Susie said...

MoDis, yes, they are. The recipe called for the shoestring kind, two of them wrapped around each other, but we didn't have that, and the regular size kind worked just fine. They're easy and fun, you should do it! Also, you can dye some coconut with green food coloring for grass on top of the baskets, if you like.

stringmuse, hey, honey! Happy Easter. It's good to see you here. Wish you could be here to have some cake with us :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bunny cake looks awesome! How do you get the twizzlers to bend and stick (and stay) in the cupcake frosting without one end popping out and flicking the frosting everywhere!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

The Bunny sooooooooo needs wine -- good call! I'm so happy you and LG made the cake! I'm having wine over here with you to celebrate. XOXO

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Yummy Eastery sugar! We bought Starburst jellybeans tonight too. Maggie thinks they're delish--we have to make sure to move them off the coffee table, lest she help herself.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, those look VERY yummy!!

very creative, you and your daughter are. :D

Hoppy Easter

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I thought our egg dying adventure tonight was the cutest thing! I was wrong, that is some bunny! And the cupcakes? Too cute!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Easter Susie. I am gone from the internet for a few days and you post like 3 times. The cakes look awesome.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Those are some wonderful looking desserts there. So happy to see you posting these days.

Did the rabbit enjoy his wine?
;-)

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

I just checked out the side view of that bunny cake on Flickr... amazing! Hey, are those green cocoanut flakes? Congrats to LG for the Easter basket cupcakes, too. Looks like you've got your Easter sugar fix all worked out!

 
Blogger Nina said...

What time should I be over? You know I think I could follow the smell of sugar. Wonderful job Susie and LG they are beautiful.

 
Blogger Susie said...

michelle, soozieq expressed that concern on flickr, too. They're really very bendy, they don't try to return to their original shape. And they're stuck down into the cupcake 1/2 an inch or so. Go ahead and try it, you won't put your eye out ;)

eclectic, here's to you. Happy Easter and welcome home.

shawkey, but if she ate them all, the aftermath would be so colorful!

dawn, hoppy Easter to you, too :)

traci, a confession: we didn't even dye eggs! But LG did at a friend's house, so I'm not feeling too guilty.

william, see, when you go away, I run amok like that ;) Happy Easter to you and yours.

squirl, the rabbit got too sleepy to finish it. I think. xxx

ortizzle, yep, the coconut was green-food-colored. We have the sugar AND the chemicals, so we're all set ;)

nina, I really wish you could join us in a bite of bunny :)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

That all looks seriously yummy! And cute. Almost too cute to eat. Almost

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! Just yesterday Stumpy and I were lamenting our baking skills and an Easter Spaghetti Bolognese just doesn't have the same effect. Although, if you made it with shoestring candy laces...

 


Post a Comment

<< Home