header image

Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Cow Has Nothing

blue cow at sunrise


really, to do with the post
unless strange silly

Creatures belong here
and maybe they do I mean
there's Gumby dammit

What Was I Thinking?
is terrible two today
Happy Blirthday, blog

I thought it would last
a little while, give or take
but then neighbors came

So I stayed and I
am mostly really happy
about the staying

It's a beautiful
day in the neighborhood a
beautiful day for

OK, that's cheating
Thank you for being a friend
traveled down the road

OK, that is, too
I really like to blog but
really can't haiku

Can you?

17 heads are better than one . . .

• Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't haiku well
but I love the blue cow shot
and your blog is great

*ps did I do haiku right??? 5/7/5 I think it is.

 

blue cow, blue cow swing
those udders low and bat your
sweet eyelashes high

(hey, I'm still on my first cuppa jo this morning...)

 
• Anonymous Anonymous said...

take a bow, blue cow
strange funny creature who moos
all the blue cow news

take a bow, blue cow
strange funny creature who’s two
smile and don’t be blue

take a bow, blue cow
can you say you don’t know how?
take a bow… right now!

I can't haiku, either. But I love the cow.
Happy 2-year Blogaversary, Susie!

 
• Blogger Nina said...

Happy 2-year Blogaversary, Susie! Okay I'll moo happy birthday to yooou.

I only haiku with John, oh wait you are talking poetry, right? Never mind. :)

 
• Blogger Heartworks said...

Friends of ill repute
Mrs. Fairchild we salute
Oh her booty-flies


Happy B-day!
Dina

 
• Blogger Squirl said...

I might not haiku, but I'm so glad you started your blog! I love you and am thrilled that you're still going with it.

Love and hugs, sis!

 
• Blogger Arlene said...

I so CAN NOT haiku, but I like yours, and your picture :-)

 
• Blogger Naomi said...

my sister effie
and i would like to say here
happy blog day dear!

composed for you
on the phone! Enjoy!

 
• Blogger WILLIAM said...

That cow looks somewhat chalky...is that where Milk of Magnesia coms from?

Happy blog birthday Susie. The Blogosphere is such a better place with you in it.

 
• Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Happy Blirthday, Susie.

Hee... Heartworks said booty-flies!

 
• Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haiku? No!

But, Happy Blog Birthday sweetie!

Thinking of you every day.

 
• Blogger eclectic said...

Happy Blog-irthday!!
Haiku and I are not friends
But you're my sister.

So I tried.

See? That's the problem with haiku -- it needs that fourth line with three syllables.

 
• Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

When you milk the cow
Make sure your hands are warm and
Watch out for the teats

Happy terrible twos, WWIT!

 
• Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for the blirthday wishes and haikus, everyone. I've never haikued(?) before blogging, I don't think, so I can't do it either. There are some impressive attempts, here, though. One thing I think I discovered while reading haiku on someone else's blog: I think Captain Kirk from Star Trek spoke in haiku.

 
• Blogger tkkerouac said...

Nice haiku
and I love your gumby

 
• Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing terrible
about What What I Thinking?
You are wonderful

In two years you have
shown love, wit, grace, and humor
All my love to you.

 
• Blogger Unknown said...

Roses are read
Susie is too
Violets are blue
Happy Blogoversary to you!

(blatant cheating)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home