header image

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, George Washington, Drew Barrymore . . .

birthday balloons
The view from LG's bed this morning


I've had a rough few days, physically. No end in sight. I'm putting all my energy into making today a good day. Because it really is the best day ever.

I'll come back when I can. I really, really want to attend and enjoy LG's birthday party on Sunday. Please keep us in your prayers. And thank you. Again :)

32 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers, dear. Always. Sending lots of love and healing hugs your way.

Happy Birthday, LG!

Today's my brother-in-law's birthday, too.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you--hope you can enjoy the day with your girl.

Happy birthday, LG!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday LG!

Hugs and prayers and crossed fingers for you, Susie Q!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you a lot. I want you to be able to attend and enjoy the birthday party!

I'm praying right now.
Imagining giving you a very long hug, where we both close our eyes and imagine your cells. I imagine multiplying and osmosifying any healthy energy from my cells into your cells. You focus on opening up your cells, taking in what they need, releasing from within whatever they don't need, returning to balance.

We'll sing an upbeat lullaby together. Even though I'm tone deaf, so are cells. They only need to know that we love them.

And we do, we do!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hoping for you to feel good and get to enjoy the party on Sunday. I enjoyed reading LG's birth story very much... it so reminded me of my son's (a year ago), from the miscarriages, to the hormones, to the AMA pregnancy, to the C-section, to the miracle. Happy birthday, LG.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Happy Miracle Day!!

I'm grateful for the one that is Lily, and I'm willing to ask for another one as well.

Fingers crossed for you to have a good weekend.

xoxoxo

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

RUN! It's the attack of the Birthday Flutterbies!!

(Birthday cakes go a LONG way to help people feel better. Have a piece fer me too!)

 

Praying. Praying with all my Spongy might. Oh yeah...buttcrack! (Laughter helps, too, I think).

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Happy Birthday to LG. I sure hope you're feeling better.

And.....buttcrack!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh goody!!! Birthday Buttcrack for everyone!!!

buttcrack....buttcrack....buttcrack

 
Blogger Effie said...

I see Touretta Lynn has paid you a visit--just to wish LG a happy birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LG!!!!!

Oh, and on the bright side, if no END is in sight, that means your butt is shrinking, right? Prayers are with you so you may enjoy and be a big part of LG's party on Sunday! Hugs to you!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your gorgeous girl and thank you for linking to your birth story. It was wonderful to read again how it all worked out for you.

As for you, sending you all my love and prayers that you have good days and that Sunday is a great day. x

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Happy Birthday LG! And here's all my best wishes that her Birthday is happy for you too. Eat cake for me.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry you've had the bad days and happy for the good ones.

Of course, you remain in my daily prayers.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Wow, you DO have a lot of buttcrack over here, don't you?

*drops a quarter in and runs for dear life*

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Oh, Susie!! Great big hugs to you. I had an unfortunate onslaught of symtoms before the twins' birthday party, too. It actually ended up turning out okay. I'm hoping the very best for you and yours, too, Susie. It would be so wonderful if we didn't have to worry about ill-timed symptomology threatening to spoil our good events. I sometimes say I wish I could 'schedule' my 'symptoms'. If only, huh? I would schedule them for sometime around the end of never!

Sending the very best thoughts your way... Happy Birthday, LG!!!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Cute butterfly. Happy Birthday LG. Enjoy the party.
Hey, by the way you can also check out my blog on Birthday Gifts for some unique and interesting birthday gift ideas.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Treid to post yesterday but naughty blogger wouldn't let me!
Susie I have been thinking about you a lot lately, darn it that you are having a bad spell, wish WTF would GTH and never come back.
Happy birthday to your girlie. I love those balloons. Helen

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie -- This just in -- YOU WILL BE FINE FOR LG'S PARTY.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs and postive vibes and all that good stuff. I love that shot it is so pretty in the morning light. Celebrate well at LGs party I just know you will be able to make it.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Birthday. LG

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are ALWAYS in my thoughts! Happy Birthday LG! Love you.

 
Blogger Amy said...

Oh happy day! I wish LG all the best and I wish you well for the partay.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Happy birthday LG !!!! Prayers, hugs, and finger and toes crossed that you all have a blast on Sunday!

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww.

*hug*

I love you. I want to wake up with balloons in my room someday!

 
Blogger Arlene said...

That is so adorable, and so creative!!!!!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to LG, a girl worthy of much celebration! I'll be sending you strength on Sunday...

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, LG! (a little late, I'm thinking, but oh well!)

And I went back and read the birth story (I love 'em). And I had to laugh at the part where you were labeled "advanced maternal age" at 36. Guess how old I was when I pushed out this third one? :) AMA my patootie!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HB LG

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to LG! That was an incredible "birth story," really enjoyed reading it. Keeping you in my prayers. Or, in the spirit of your ob-gyn, "You will have a great birthday celebration with LG. I know it." :-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that birth story. I think I could read it every week and not get bored. Makes me think about new things, makes me feel hopeful.

I love you for sharing it with us.

Also, I hope LG's birthday itself was fun. And I am thinking of you, hoping for good things for tomorrow's party.

Much love,
she

 
Blogger Kim said...

What a fun birthday sight to wake up to! I'm totally stealing this for "my gal"'s next birthday.

Loved LG's birth story, and your attitude about the unnecessary cesearean. That's exactly how I felt about the botched test results that landed my baby in ICU for four days, totally healthy. "Who cares? She's fine!"

 


Post a Comment

<< Home