header image

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Still Waiting for Spring

Hi, all. I had to come on here and say how much it means to me that you stop by and email and snail mail, with your kind words, and that you continue to pray. I am thankful for each of you -- those who have "always" been around, those whose names I've just learned, and those old friends who aren't blogging now, but stopped in to say hello. I hug each of you in my heart. WTF has accelerated, in some ways. I do not know whether that's good news or bad news. I have considerable pain, now. Some say that "ALF" doesn't hurt. If that's so, then I welcome the pain. Others say that it does hurt, as the muscles are dying. I don't know. My arm and leg symptoms are symmetrical, too. Some say that ALF isn't like that. If that's so, then I'm thankful for the symmetry of my pain. I am using the arm strength I have to research, mostly. I'm thinking all the time, and have some leads, some things to check on. I laugh when I see this, now:



Because that's me! My big head is always trying to figure this out, but my puny arms just won't cooperate! I say, "I have a big head, and little arms . . . " in my best dinosaur voice, much too much for my family's comfort, but hey, a girl's gotta have a little fun.

I so want to come on here with good news. No, great news. I see my New Rollogist, this Friday. I made the appointment when I was there back in January, and it was originally scheduled for this Tuesday. Then a couple of weeks ago, my Jewish New Rollogist's secretary called and told me he'd made a mistake, and wasn't going to see patients on Passover. So how about Friday instead? Uh . . . you mean Good Friday? Sure. I found that amusing. Maybe it will actually be a good Friday. I hope.

41 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to see if you'd left an update in the comments, and was pleasantly surprised to see this post. It hadn't even showed up in my RSS yet.

It's nice to hear your voice. I'm hoping for a Good Friday. No, a Great Friday. Hugs.

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

I know what you mean about the 'little arms' ever since my carpal tunnel problems.
Having cleaned the shower Thursday, I spent most of Friday on pain pills and with my hands propped up on pillows. Learned my lesson all over again about overdoing the repetitive motions.

The Easter season confuses me. We call the day Christ was tortured and crucified as Good Friday. Should be Black Friday is my idea, but that term refers merely to loss of money.

Don't let it be said that religious holidays will interefere with your medical appointments.
Here's to a good news all week long.

 

Good to hear your voice, Susie. We keep on praying. I've designated Wednesday as, "Go say hi to Susie" day - I really look forward to it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You posted and included a reference to my favorite clip. Everytime I see the commercial for that movie I stop what I'm doing to watch that dinosaur talk about his big head and little arms, and it never fails to make me laugh. I hope that you're still able to laugh, Susie. I hope that you receive a healthy injection of good news on Friday, it's about time for that. Hugs and prayers.

 
Blogger Kim said...

So glad to see an update from you on my feed!!

(Glad to have something specific to pray for you, too, in your appointment on Friday.)

Blessings, Susie. Thanks for taking the time/effort to type and share that.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping and praying for a Great Friday for you. Thanks for the update and the birthday wishes yesterday. Still prayin' . . . .

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a funny feeling that William is going to make some sort of lewd comment about your "sexy short arms" ;-)

I was so happy to see an update but I wish the news was better.

I'm still giving a rat's ass for you...daily.

Hang in there!

 
Blogger Nina said...

I am glad to see you here today. Well it may be tomorrow for you in EST since it is 11:00 p.m. MST. Anyway a day late and a dollar short, but you are never out of my thoughts, prayers, and heart.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie!! You're here. I'm so happy!! I hope Friday will be better than good! I hope it's the best ever!!! I love you, Susie.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hey Susie, I am glad to see a post from you.

Soozie Q I have no comment about the arms and I will leave it to Bucky to make a comment about the big head.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you! Sorry the news isn't better, but good to see you still have a sense of humor. Says a lot about you as a person.

I will be hoping for a great Good Friday for you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids and I LOVE that dinosaur thing! We giggle every time that commercial comes on.

I'm here, Susie, hoping and praying with you and for you.

 
Blogger The other me said...

I hope we can soon start calling it the REALLY good friday. So glad to see you here, wish it was great news....here's to friday and some good news.

 
Blogger Rayne said...

Hello,
I've been a lurker for a while and thought it was time for me to be brave and say 'Hi!'. I am so sorry to hear of you illness, I admire your attitude through this whole thing. I had to deal with my own WTF disease for quite some time and I am just now getting answers and treatments. For me, it turns out to be two separate illnesses and once they recognized that it's been going better. I wish you all the best and most of all I wish you some non-scary answers.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for a Very Good Friday for you!

 
Blogger sometrouble said...

Hi susie! I was so glad to see an update! I am still praying for you...and I will be praying that good friday really is great for you! have a happy easter...and keep being thankful for what you can.

 
Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

so glad to see an update! hope all goes well at the doctor. keep us posted, we're thinking about you!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, it's great to hear from you! I too hope you have a GREAT Friday, but I guess any good news will be more than welcome.

Still praying and checking in.

 
Blogger lawyerchik said...

Good to hear from you, Miss Suzie!! I love that cartoon commercial, too - so much so that, even though I have no children save my dog, I still want to go see it!! ;)

I will be thinking of you this Friday - praying and hoping for very good news!! And, of course, I will now think of you every time I see that commercial! :)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, it's gonna be Great Friday! You are going to be so excited to tell us the news. There will be much rejoicing!

Love you, sis

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Big head...

Gosh, I can't think of a thing to say about that.

*hums innocently*

*completely steering clear of oral sex jokes, just like I was an adult*

*brain exploding*

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

happy you're back, even if its just a drive-by :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping Good Friday is GREAT FRIDAY. Keepin' my fingers crossed. Good to hear your 'voice' again!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Susie! Oh, I do so hope your Good Friday appointment is GOOD. I had a doctor's appointment on Good Friday once -- that was the day I found out we were pregnant with Punkin!

Ewww... I think I just stepped on some of Bucky's exploded brain.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You're here! How special is this?!!! I was at the coast this weekend sweet friend and as I climbed rocks with my daughters and saw the wonder of starfish and anemone and the tides, I thought of you and sent a prayer for your recovery up to whatever higher power there is in the world. You are amazing. I'm so happy to 'see' you.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I am so glad to see you here again. May your Good Friday be freakin' fantastic with Good News. And I can completely relate to the dino posture. After each of my surgeries I always walked around with what I called T-Rex arms.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Good Friday to you, my dear!

Hugs too--I hope you can enjoy this lovely Chocolate Tuesday we're having today!

xxoo!

 
Blogger Froggylady said...

I can't think of a better day for a miracle.

I'll be praying for good news and an awesome visit.

 
Blogger notanillusion said...

I'm so happy to see you at all! I'm praying that Good Friday will be an early Easter for you. *hugs*

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you, even if the news isn't great. I'm sorry to say that now whenever I see that ad I shall snigger and think of Susie...

Thinking of you every day and we'll be sending all our good thoughts on Good Friday for some positive news.

Oh and Stumpy wants a button that says she gives a Rat's Butt for Susie so she can still open her blog at school!! It doesn't quite have the same ring to it... Oh lordy, I said "Rat's Butt" and "ring" in the same sentence. I may have just killed Bucky. Sorry about that.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Friday, Better Saturday and Best Sunday. This is the weekend for you!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be a Good Friday....it will be a Great Friday....the mantra I will keep repeating for you along with extra prayers.....so good to see a post from you again!

 

I love that dinosaur - cracks up everytime...and now I'll think of you. Happy Wednesday and looking forward to your Good Friday.

 
Blogger Vajana said...

love that dinosaur...that movie was wonderful. I will be praying for a Great Friday, Saturday, Sunday and so forth for you!

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

I hear Bucky was here and her head exploded and I thought the least I could do is bring paper towels and -- OH MY GOD! It's EVERYWHERE. Lookit the little pieces all over the place. This is her cerebral cortex, right here. And this ... this looks like the part that controls her sex drive. So we have vital body functions, sex drive and ... hmm ... the rest of it just seems to be some sort of goop that smells like wine.

And THAT'S what SOME little girls are made of ...

 
Blogger Naomi said...

I'm glad I stopped in... just checking, and I found out about you and your appointment. I really pray it goes well, and that, like everyone else is praying, it starts you off on a GREAT weekend.

*whew--what's that smell?* I think there are some stains on this blog that will never go away---here's hoping you know that we'll never go away either- blove and hugs to you!
I dunno if the paper towels will cut it, Nilbo!

Happy Easter- rejoicing in Christ's resurrection with you!!

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Yay! I stop by everyday and think of you. Very glad to see you are posting again. :D

 
Blogger Amy said...

Oh my darling clementine here is to a Good Friday for you.

Proping over here (thats prayin and hopin)
Amy

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Um, did somebody happen to put my brains in a paper bag or something?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's so wonderful to hear from you, Susie!!!!!!!

I pray that Good Friday will truly be a great Friday for you.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's so wonderful to hear from you, Susie!!!!!!!

I pray that Good Friday will truly be a great Friday for you.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home