header image

Sunday, November 12, 2006

it's good

Sunday Post ~ "Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden." -- Corrie Ten Boom

If you've been around here much, you know that I'm pretty big on prayer. Prayer has many meanings, from very simple to very complex. I tend toward simple. It means talking to God. And I do it constantly. About life and death. About lost case files and good parking spots. About blog friends, IRL friends, people on the news. I do believe God cares about everything that we care about, because that's how much God cares about us. The way good parents care about what's important to their children. I went to the wedding. It was incredibly beautiful, and meaningful. Lots of tears, all around. And while I sat at a table late in the evening, with people I love, I thought of you all. I thought that I felt well enough to sit there (and I even danced twice!) because hundreds of people had prayed, were praying, that I could be there. I became aware on Friday that there's a prayer group in a prison in Virginia who pray for me; and a church in Texas, and one in Arkansas. I don't have any understanding of why WTF isn't gone yet; for whatever reason, it's not time. But for some reason, I was granted reprieve enough over the weekend to go to a lovely wedding, and to visit with family, and even walk a lot on Saturday at a museum. So I have no complaints (until the next time I start complaining).

Thank you for helping me go to Stacey's wedding.

Philippians 1:2-3

file under: &Sunday Post &WTF Disease

23 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Kranki said...

I've been thinking of you all weekend and am SO HAPPY you had a nice time.

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Oh so very glad you danced at the wedding!
You can add a prayer group in the heart of Illinois to your list.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Glad you had a good time. I skipped the reception on the wedding I went to. I hear it was just as crowded as the ceremony. LOTS o' peeps!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad you were able to go and have a good time. Now I'll pray that your body doesn't make you pay the price for all that fun.

Word verification: "igotu" babe

 
Blogger eclectic said...

You have given me a very broad smile by posting this. I'm just so pleased!! I have a vision of you throwing elbows trying to get to the bouquet... ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you made it to the wedding, with God’s grace, of course.

Simple prayer is best, so far as I’m concerned. The simplest one I ever heard was prayed by a friend, a Japanese pastor from Nishinomiya named Takia Nishazawa. We were at a seminary retreat and one of the professors gave a (no kidding) 10 minutes prayer before lunch. At dinner, Takia, as a visitor from Japan was asked to pray. His prayer: “Lord, we remember. Amen.”

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't even know I was supposed to be thinking of you this weekend and I was anyway! LOL I've been out of town myself and only just now stopped by! I'm so glad you got to the wedding! What a blessing for all involved. As for the groups around the country who pray for/think of you, that surprises me NOT AT ALL!

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I'm with Traci, it doesn't surprise me a bit. I thought of you this weekend several times and actually pictured you having a good time. I'm glad that's how it really was for you and not only wishful thinking on my part.

 
Blogger Dawn said...

I'm sooooo glad WTF didn't show up and that you were able to have a excellent time with your family.

:D

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I was traveling yesterday so I apologize that I didn't comment until now. I'm so thrilled that you were able to make it and had a good time!

I was thinking about you all weekend. I know we all pray, think, do our thing for you here, but I'm glad that our ranks have swelled. Does that sound right? ;)

So happy for you!

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks, kranki :) I felt so thankful all weekend.

mrsDoF, I like that, in the heart of illinois :)

mrB, you skipped the food part?! I think there were about 130 people at ours. Big, but not overwhelming.

shawkey, been paying just a little bit, but it was worth it.

eclectic, our Stacey did not throw her bouquet; she did things her own way, and that tradition didn't suit her. Also, there was no chicken dance. :o

ssnick, that makes me smile. Amen.

traci, thank you, my friend. It still does surprise me; in the very best way. And it helps me feel better to think of all the support I have. Everyone should be sick online. No, that's not quite right. Everyone who is already sick should get some online support. That's better.

lynn, no, not wishful thinking. Thank you for that; I think visualization is very powerful. It's a practice of faith, don't you think? Saying "I choose to believe it's this way..."

dawn, thank you :) WTF was there, but didn't make an ass of itself. Or something like that.

chchchchia, you rock, too, and hugs back :)

squirl, yes, swelling in the ranks. Better than swelling in the flanks, I always say :o

 
Blogger Susie said...

and to onelurkerinparticular, thank you for checking in this morning. It means a lot to me.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you got to go to the wedding and had a good time. I absolutely LOVE that photo too! Nice shot.

 
Blogger Nina said...

It's Good ~ I'm glad you danced.
Thankful ~ You were granted reprieve enough to enjoy.

Wishing Stacey and husband many wonderful years of happiness.

 
Blogger Effie said...

um, well, I seem to be swelling in the flanks, and the belly and some in the ankles too right about now--but I'm just glad that you were able to enjoy the wedding!

How're you feelin' today, girlie?

Hugs, more prayers & a great big Kick from Little One (who doesn't seem so little right now)!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! That makes me happy that you were able to go and enjoy and even dance! That's wonderful, Susie!

I love love love that picture. Do you have a larger version of it that you might email to me? I'd love to put it on my desktop. Just curious.

Love you!

 
Blogger August95 said...

Hi Susie,

Glad to hear you had some fun. It's nice to get a break from all the yuck.

Thinking of you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sweet Susie, I'm so glad you had a good weekend.

Love, hugs, and prayers, my friend.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"skipped the food part?" And just what are you saying here? :P

Yep, skipped it.

 
Blogger Platypus said...

Sorry I'm late!!

So glad you had a lovely weekend and WTF held off so you could have some fun. Somebody up there likes you - and probably reads your blog!

You know you have loads of people all over the world sending you love and good thoughts and, do you know something? I can't think of anyone more deserving. :)

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

So glad you had a good time and WTF didn't rain on your parade!

 
Blogger Joseph said...

so glad you had that time. It's good to hear/read that you are still doing as well as WTF?!?! will allow.

Miss you.

 
Blogger Number Mouth said...

Absolutely inspired by that photo. I commented on your flickr about it but yeah, incase you don't see it, this pic totally made my weekend.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home