header image

Friday, November 10, 2006

Biscuit Friday ~ Extreme Makeover: Dog Edition

Here's the "Before." Note the obstruction of the eyeholes:

Biscuit before


And the "Before" rearview. Note the obstruction of the . . . well, note the obstruction. However, it is not as alarming as it may first appear:

rearview


It's a leaf. I was so relieved:

rearviewclose


Now all holes are unobstructed. The Dog Wash got a little carried away with the clippers, but it grows back. This is Biscuit's "I support the troops" haircut, in honor of Veteran's Day:

biscuitafter

Now that Biscuit is all shined up, he has places to go. He's going to spend the weekend with some friends. Actually, with the people who found him, wandering in a state park a few years ago, and who inflicted gave him to us. And the reason Biscuit is going away is because we're going away, too.

Insert fervent prayers that I feel well enough to go away and stay away until Sunday.

My niece is getting married tonight, and I am doing my darnedest to pull my WTF-afflicted self together and go to Delaware for the weekend. I really REALLY want to go, and to be able to stay at the wedding and the reception, and visit with family on Saturday, some of whom I haven't seen in years. I figure if I can hold it together until the reception, even if WTF acts up, I won't be the first person to stagger or talk funny at a wedding reception. So please do crank up the prayers that I get to do this, because dammit, I REALLY WANT TO! Thank you :)

So . . . for those of you who attend the Church of the Sunday Post, our services will be delayed until late Sunday afternoon. So you can sleep in :) I was going to get a post ready and have a faithful parishioner publish it for me, but then I started thinking, maybe I'll get to take some new and interesting pix while I'm away, PLUS, I'm not thinking about much other than please, God, let me go to Stacey's wedding.

So, that's my plan. I'm choosing to have faith that it will happen, so I will see you good people, and the bad dog, on Sunday. Have a good one, friends.

26 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Heh heh heh...the leaf had me freaked out for a second, too. Though I have to admit, I felt great admiration for you, taking pictures of your dog's poop-laden butt.

I hope you are able to have a full weekend of visiting, and WTF gets boarded like Biscuit.

(Oh, and I'm a little behind here..Titman, huh huh huh huh!)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Yeah, the leaf was frightening there for a second.

Hey, maybe we really are sisters! (My only niece is named Stacey!! Middle name "Leigh". But to my knowledge she's not getting married at all yet, let alone this weekend.) I certainly hope and believe you will enjoy the wedding, the party AND the visiting the next day.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, you are exceptional. Yes, this means I am still making a particular exception. You have a darned CUTE dog. I remember the last time I asked you to give the little guy a squeeze from me, you said you would, but 'he's bad and he stinks'. Since he just came back from the groomer, I'll bet he doesn't even have much doggy smell. Hug him EXTRA for me, please? Here's to a WTF-less weekend.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Enjoy the weekend and the time in Delaware (but seriously it is Delaware so I am sure there is not much to do) and Please do you best to make sure that Sunday's services will not interfere with football.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Dingleberry!

If I have time, I'll do a wedding post over at YPS!! today.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the scruffy before Biscut! That butt shot...yeah it freaked me out, but thanks for the closeup to clarify! LOL. Have a wonderful weekend!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Prayers, good thoughts and good vibes as you wish, Miss Susie.

Have fun! Enjoy!

 
Blogger Nina said...

I'm with everyone else the leaf was frightening.
Have a grand time at the wedding. I hope that you feel well and enjoy yourself . . .

 
Blogger Effie said...

praying for you m'dear!

That first obstruction looked AWFULLY scary! Glad it was just a leaf! *Phew*

 
Blogger Dawn said...

HA, thank goodnes it's just a leaf!! that dog of yours is just too cute :D

hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and that WTF doesn't show up.

thnking of you,
dawn

 
Blogger Dawn said...

typing in a cast is somewhat difficult-sorry 'bout the typos :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leaf photo cracked me up. I'd have been relieved, too.

Biscuit looks like he's squinting in that after picture. Like, look, I know you think you're doing me a favor, here, but I was USING that fur for SUNGLASSES! Hee.

You have my prayers, Miss Susie. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time this weekend! WTF can go take a hike, you need a vacation from it.

I was wondering how you could take the picture with that hanging off your dog's rear. Just a leaf, just a leaf.

You know that you have volunteers if you need for a Sunday post, but looking forward to new pics that you can take this weekend.

Love you and have a great time!

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

1. Thank God it was a leaf.

2. Have a superb time at the wedding, Susie. (WTF isn't invited so he won't be bothing you! ;-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if you're ever in Delaware and think you might have a few minutes for a cup of coffee or a margarita. It would be a ton of fun to meet you.

Be sure to pack your WTF repellent, and have a wonderul time at the wedding.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a "lurker" for a few months, but when I saw the Flickr thumbnail of the strangely-obstructed Biscuit butt, I had to hustle over here for an explanation. Great relief over said explanation has outed me...

WTF BEGONE for the weekend!!! (said in my best Wonder Woman imitation, bracelets flashing, etc...)

LotusLynn

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you'll make it to the wedding. Your will is too strong.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I think we're all relieved... "a leaf? oh, thank goodness!" My eyes about popped outta my head when I first saw it!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

That leaf is very Adam and Eve-ish. And since he is almost nekkid that totally fits in too.

I am sending out every good vibe that your weekend is fun and not at all stressful.

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

My sister's little white dog was sitting on a recliner with my mom, when my mom looked down and saw what she thought was a dingleberry on the dogs butt. She called my sister over to take care of the mess, and my sister discovered that the offending dingleberry was actually just the edge of my mom's brown dress sitting between the dog's tail and legs.

This fall's hottest color: dogshit brown.

 
Blogger Platypus said...

I should have scrolled faster: my cry of "Gaahhh!!!!" in the office at the site of poor Biscuit's butt caused great Friday amusement in the office...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get all caught up in the excitement of the nuptials and can forget about WTF for awhile.

Biscuit Friday is always my favorite day!

 
Blogger The Q said...

The leaf about killed me. I dry heaved at my monitor just thinking about how you were going to have to get *that* off of VBD's butt.

Thank you for clarifying and also for the clinging poo chunk nightmares I'm going to have tonight.

Thank goodness my dog has short ass hair (and that's "ass hair" not "short ass" as in the description of the hair)

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I don't think there's much more to be said about the leaf, but I really hope that WTF stuff stays far away and you get to enjoy your weekend.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Biscuit looks exactly as my old dog Muffin, who had the same types of obstructions at both ends, did!

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, I know, when I first saw that, I was all, "no way you're coming back in the house like that," but then, yea, it was ok :)
And YES, WTF stayed pretty quiet all of Friday night and most of Saturday!

eclectic, my Stacey is Stacia Rae. The wedding was wonderful, and I made it through the end of the reception :)

lynn, I'll hug the VBD as soon as we pick him up. You're pretty darned exceptional yourself.

william, hey, hey, HEY! Don't be dissin' Delaware! Small Wonder, the First State, home of the freakin' blue hen chicken! We went to Winterthur Museum on Saturday, thank you very much. I think by the time I get a Sunday Post up, afternoon football will be over and night football not yet begun. I aim to please.

mrB, that is such a funny word . . . there was no wedding post when I left, I'll come and see in a bit.

michelle, I really prefer Biscuit's scruffy look, too :) Thank you!

ck, thank you, honey. It went better than I dared hope. I'll tell you a little about it soon.

nina, thank you, I had a very THANKFUL time, just being there :)

effie, the prayers, they worked. No doubt.

dawn, thank you, honey. I'll have to come see about this cast business; I hope you're OK.

ladybug, thanks for the prayers. I thought of you often. I'll explain :)

squirl, ha, I can tell the people who know dogs here know that such a sight is not always so benign. Sorry to scare everyone like that ;) I did have a good time.

ortizzle, thank you :) WTF was remarkably subdued, most of the time :)

shawkey, I will definitely let you know the next time I'm up there. I'd love to get together. Talk to you in email :)

LotusLynn, thanks for stopping in, and those bracelets really worked! :)

mutha, I do sometimes get militant in my fight against WTF; it was overpowered for enough hours that I cannot complain :)

annejelynn, ha, sorry, sweetie :)

kranki, thank you; I so truly felt all the vibes, prayers, all of it. It's amazing, really.

cm, I can just feel the relief in that story :)

platypus, I wouldn't really do that to you! I don't think ...

katy, I did get caught up. Prayer and adrenaline and stubbornness.

soozieq, hee, short-ass hair. Sometimes I think about getting short-ass hair; mine's kinda hard to keep up with lately...

karen, thank you; I did so much more than I imagined I'd be able to :)

ssnick, hoss had a Biscuit look-alike named Muffin, too!

mrtl, it's been great :) Glad Bug was entertained.

rick, thank you kindly. You're on my "people I like to visit" page, too :)


Now, I'll go try to find a pic and do a Sunday Post. But it will probably just say THANK YOU, because that's what I really want to say. xoxoxox

 


Post a Comment

<< Home