header image

Sunday, October 29, 2006

squirl's road
Photo by Squirl


Sunday Post ~ "It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end." -- Ursula K. LeGuin

Psalm 143:10-11

file under: &Sunday Post

25 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, it's all the things we do along the path that matter.

Happy Sunday, Sis!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

A nice Level path would be nice from time to time.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

William, you've got a good point, there.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Oh I loved this picture of Squirls' I keep thinking I need to paint this photo in either oil or water colors. This quote just fits right in. Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That is such a beautiful picture! Truly. The verses are good, too.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you this morning my friend.

 
Blogger Susie said...

I love you people. Something is up with blogger, and no comments showed up until right now, this afternoon. I was all, "My usual suspects aren't coming here to church this morning?" And I was lonely.
Thank you. xoxox

squirly girl, I'm trying to keep that in mind. The path SUCKS, and some days I am struggling to do the journey well. Thank you once more for the wonderful pic. I don't get out very much, and even if I did, it wouldn't be to a place that pretty right now :)

william, yep. I'm in mountain climbing mode right now. I never aspired to be a mountain climber. Someone signed me up for the course without my consent.

nina, oh, you paint, too? That's wonderful. You should definitely do some of Squirl's photos. I love the red tree that I borrowed from her about this time last year, too.

ck, my sister is very talented and who knew Michigan was so pretty? I never did before Squirl. I gotta come see you, glad your week away is over :)

traci, thanks, honey. I've been thinking of you, too. A blue elephant reminds me to do that ;)

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Great photo. Reminds me of "the road less traveled." Also agree with William on the "level" part!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

And the people who travel with you -- those matter too. I'll keep you company, since I'm going this way. And carry your suitcase for awhile, if you like.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susie.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Very nice photo, Susie. Blogger has made me feel lonely, too. I know exactly what you mean in saying that. Blogger is mean (in need of forgiveness?). Loved your definition, sorry I was long-winded and opiniated with my response. Love you, Susie.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Can lonliness cause people to mis-spell words? Huh? Can I blame it on that? Good. Thanks. I knew you'd understand.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Even as you mountain climb, I hope there are plenty of trustworthy ropes and anchor points along the way.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Level is good. A slight decline is nice once in a while too, so you can relax and coast a bit before the next big hill.

But I'm thinkin' you'd settle for level right about now, huh? Thinking of you today . . . .

 
Blogger Susie said...

ortizzle, yea, it does look like that. Which is fitting, I suppose.

eclectic, I'm laughing so hard. I may have to explain this some day, but for now, just let me say, I have no suitcase; I peed in it and traded it to Bucky for Squirl. Or something like that. (I might have officially been blogging too long, now.)

kalki, hi, honey. I just read one post of yours. Don't be dying over there. Really, that's my gig; get your own!
(a bit of gallows humor here today, it would seem)

lynn, indeed, I understand. And I can attest to the fact that loneliness can cause one to make all manner of mistakes, large and small.

ern, I hadn't thought of it, but yes, there are, or I surely would have plummeted by now. (I'm weary of this trek today; I'll regroup and re-energize, but today, weary.)

shawkey, I would like to just roll down a hill. But, yea, level would be fine, too. Now it's . . . uphill, but sometimes can't even see the next foothold, dammit.

 
Blogger Ern said...

It's ok to be weary. Certainly understandable. Let's rig up one of those rock climing hammock/platform things for you to rest awhile.

(((HUGS)))

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ha! I'll have you know that I treasure that pee-soaked little suitcase.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Red Hots make for a nice addition to any journey. In fact, they're nearly mandatory.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Yeah, the journey can indeed suck but you just never know where you might end up. And you get to meet the coolest people along the way.

 
Blogger Amy said...

Wow I keep looking at the centre of that picture where the road is clear.

Lovely as per usual, Miss Susie.

 
Blogger Carlos said...

You're a lucky woman. As you can see your journey is plenty of friends. And that is wonderfut,isn't it?

 
Blogger Effie said...

Mornin' Hon! In your neck of the woods (haha) do you have the new time change schedule thingy? Or does that start next year? It was this weekend for us and I TOTALLY forgot until after 5 yesterday afternoon (really about just after 4) when Mom called. Whoops! It's a good thing she mentioned it otherwise today would have been an adventure!

As my Mom has noticed over the past year and a half (through the looooooong diagnosis process of her MS), everything is still enjoyable, but some things take more time to do and she gets a tired quicker--now she needs a "walking stick" when she's out in nature to help her along the way. May good friends be your walking stick along the bumpy road of life.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ern, OK, you can be in charge of rigging :)

bucky, hee, I'll bet it's a kitty litter box by now.

mrB, Red Hots, eh? Some people say they're good for Panic Attacks, because they distract your brain. I haven't tested that theory yet.

kranki, that's true; so I'll keep going.

amy, I need to see clear, ahead. Not happening yet. That would be a very good day.

carlos, you are right, of course. It's good to not have to journey alone.

chchchchia, I hope it's a good tired. You're over there in Platypus land, aren't you?

effie, I'm having a tough time. A lot of things that should just be ordinary aren't even fun enough to be ordinary. I was thinking about a walking stick yesterday. I may get one. Or maybe just a stick to hit doctors with.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

When my grandparents lived up there, I used to go for walks with my grandpa down roads just like this. I loved it.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Gorgeous photo.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home