header image

Sunday, September 10, 2006

leaf in a storm

Sunday Post ~ a song

"I was sure by now
You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.

But once again, I say 'amen,'
and it's still raining.
And as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you."

And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives . . .
and takes away.

I'll praise You in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side

and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
and raised me up again

My strength is almost gone.
How can I carry on
if I can't find You?

And as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you."
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives . . .
and takes away.

--"Praise You in This Storm" recorded by Casting Crowns


Psalm 121

13 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to wrap my arms around you and rock you.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, honey, I love you so much. We're all praying for sunnier days for you.

Have a blessed Sunday.

And keep the communion away from the VBD. ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful song.
beautiful photo.
beautiful combination.
i hope you heart can find a little smile and a litt bit of easiness in all you are going through today.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally when people post song lyrics, I skm through them or skip them altogether. But not these. They brought tears to my eyes.

I know how difficult it can be to praise Him in the storm, so I'm glad you're still able to do it. I hope you're feeling the love, prayers, and good vibes that we're all sending your way.

 
Blogger Nina said...

With much love I am praying for you. May you be blessed with many blessings. May health be yours once again, and may you be shown why you had to go through this.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm printing out that Psalm and putting it on the fridge.

He is watching over you. We dont knows the 'whys' yet He does.

I love you, sweet one. I pray for you and wont stop.

Love,
Dawn

 
Blogger Susie said...

sheryl, sounds good to me :) Truthfully, when I read your comment, I did it for you. Thanks ;)

squirl, I love you, too. And today is blessed. Every day is, at some point, in some way.

michelle, thank you, and I will. Still plenty of smiles in every day.

shawkey, I had heard this song before, but not really listened to it. Yesterday, the agency where I'm TRYING to keep working was holding our new intern training. I am usually a big part of that. With speech and energy problems, this year I was not. As I left early, disappointed that I couldn't participate, and turned my car on, this song came right on the radio. And I listened to the words. And they were just right.
I know you know how difficult it is; and how, when your body is going wrong, there comes that time when it doesn't matter who loves you, or how much . . . you're alone with what's happening to you. Except that you're not. :)

nina, thank you for that blessing. I am learning some things, slowly but surely. I only hope I get to stick around to use and share them. I will.

chchchchia, hugs back to you :)

peaches, thanks for your friendship and your faithful prayers. It is good to know that Someone has the big picture, when we sure as hell can't see it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been there before--in that place where the only thing left to do was to praise the Lord for being the giver and sustainer of life. Here's hoping you are feeling the same peace I was granted in that dark time. You are an inspiration, and don't forget it.

P.S. Sundays for me are not the same since my grandparents aren't around now. It's hard to get 46 years of Sunday dinners with them out of my system (how fortunate was I to get that much time!). Your blog makes Sunday a little more tolerable as I continue adjusting to the inevitable changes that come to us all.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

It's all so much easier in theory than in practice. *sigh* I'm with Squirly -- praying for sun and sending love. But, I think you should just give in and have communion with the VBD. Hey, ass-glasses-wearing pooches need to be close to God, too. ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That was a magnificent photo to illustrate a wonderful song.

Susie, I respond to Psalms 121 with a portion of Psalms 126:

Restore again our fortunes, LORD, like the dry stream beds of the Negeb.

Those who sow in tears will reap with cries of joy.

Those who go forth weeping, carrying sacks of seed,
Will return with cries of joy, carrying their bundled sheaves.

Blessings and shalom!

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I'm so glad you're here and still posting your Sunday posts. They sustain others (like me) even when you yourself are needing sustentation. (Yes, it's a word.)

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Susie.

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Some of the best poems are posted in the Bible......that was beautiful, but sad.....I'm thinking of you Susie, and I pray all goes well.....

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Those lyrics make me teary. In a good way. You hang in there. Hugs to you.

xxoo

 


Post a Comment

<< Home