header image

Sunday, August 13, 2006

half full

Sunday Post ~ "I don't really care if my glass is half full or half empty. I'm just happy to have a glass." -- Joe Farrell

rose vase


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


file under: &Sunday Post

44 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Susie said...

And I'm just thankful I can still hold the glass without dropping it :0

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Sunday.

 
Blogger The other me said...

Me too.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Good morning, Susie. That is a good quote. Here's to your holding many more glasses for many more years.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, and very pretty roses. From your garden?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful roses, Susie.

Love you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one of the most amazing shots I have seen in a long time. I love the perspective and the depth of color! I am jsut starting to learn how to take photos and I am loving it.

 
Blogger Susie said...

happy Sunday to you, too, william. Hope you didn't mind the teasing in the previous post's comments. You know I love you.

t.o.m., word. ;)

squirl, I'll drink to that! These flowers were sent to my home by a client, a couple that I (used to) see. I have enjoyed them very much. I love flowers, I know you know how that is.

ck, thank you; love you back.

michelle, thank you! You're too kind. Go here: http://waveofmodulation.typepad.com/ and here: http://randomandodd.com to see how the big kids do it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, What a lovely post. I am reminded of "The Perfect Rose," my favorite song by the great gospel songwriter Dottie Rambo. The lyrics are about 2/3 down the page on this link:
http://members.cox.net/rss1910/inspirations.html

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Katy's comment reminded me of the story "The Perfect Rose"... I have in a book somewhere, and I think there is a rose pressed in the book to mark it's place... I'll have to look for that.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, I couldn't help myself. I posted another picture for you. :)

 
Blogger Nina said...

The roses are beautiful . . . I am thankful you can still hold a glass too!

Happy Sunday Susie.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Blessings and shalom on this Sunday—and a piece of good fortune on Monday. Prayers always.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Your glass (or cup) runneth over!
'Didja' ever think you'd get this much blove?

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, beautiful photos! Take a look at the root ends of those flowers. The water level could get quite low and the flowers would still have access to their nourishment source. Just a stray thought. This seems to be for you right now: Matthew 9:22

 
Blogger eclectic said...

My glass is plastic. I'm clumsy. ;)

I'm glad you have a glass, and that it's full of beautiful roses today.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

I drink from the bottle. Saves on the dishes, and gets me where I need to go much faster.

And K: "1t's"? Have we learned NOTHING? Tsk, tsk.

Oh, wait. I promised I wouldn't be a grammar nazi any more. (sigh) So what am I gonna tease you about ...? Gonna have to dig deep. Very deep. I'll find something.

 
Blogger Peggy said...

I hope you're better soon and I like your blog. You've been bookmarked and I've included you in my round of fab-o blogs to read.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful.

I'm rejoycing, not ceasing, and giving thanks (even when its very difficult to do).

Hugs to you.

 
Blogger Amy said...

happy sunday, susie.

thinking about you. praying about you.

 
Blogger Froggylady said...

Thinking of you today. Here's a full glass of hope to finding an answer!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

I'm so glad I stopped by. I just now caught the update on your last post, and I'm guessing right about now you're preparing for your MRI. I'm sending much love and many, many prayers your way, Susie. May God be with you and give you peace during your testing, and may He be with the doctors, technicians and diagnosticians and help them find an answer for you. I love you, my friend.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Thinking of you today. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been thinking of you, Susie. I keep checking back for an update. That's not peer pressure - that's just to say I'm here.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I was thinking about you really, really hard during 4 and 5 o'clock today. Hope you're resting well now.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, everyone, forgive my not responding individually. I'm a little fried. But I must tell you, I got my head strapped down, then a masky thing fastened over my face to keep me from moving, then plugs in my ears -- no music -- then into the tube. All of the above should have, would have, freaked me right the $%#^ out. I really am claustrophobic. But I was fine. I silently sang and prayed, and thought about things. And people. People I don't know, but whom I knew that right then, were thinking of me and praying for me. I could not be more sincere -- what you were doing absolutely made a difference, helped me through it. It was easier than I would have dared dream possible. When they took me out to inject the "contrast agent," meaning I was about 3/4 of the way through the process, I couldn't believe it was that close to being done already. I thought something must be wrong with the machine or the process, and they were taking me out early. But no, the time just flew by. Are you hearing this? My head is strapped in a little cage, and my whole body is inside a very tight tube, and the time flew by. And I thank YOU for that. I hug each and every one of you, and I keep you in my prayers. God bless you, dear "imaginary" friends.
Much love,
Susie

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Yay! You made it through!

I'll sleep a bit easier tonight.
What with being able to uncross my fingers and toes and all.
~~love and Huggs, Diane

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Aw, honey, you just brought me to tears. All I could think of today was telling you how well you were doing and it was almost over, etc. So glad that you could get by with a little help from some friends. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't read the update until right this moment and then I saw your comment about the ordeal being done and flying by and low and behold I musta known because today at about 1 p.m. I was thinking "Gawd, I hope that damn MRI didn't freak her out too badly!" I'm so glad to hear it's over...now if they just find your damn brain, you'll be in business! Sorry, I just needed to say that! (((((Susie)))))

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh hallelujah!! Thank you for the update -- you've been on my mind all day. You are SO brave, and I'm just relieved that the MRI is done!!! I hope you're sleeping sweetly now (since it's midnight where you live). I'll rest easier myself knowing it's over, and went well.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you today around 2 p.m. helped ME pass the time, also, as I cut my grass with a push mower. Seriously, I am so thankful you were able to tolerate the MRI without too much discomfort. Much love backatcha.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, I'm glad you made it and gladder still you let us know. (We knew you could do it.)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check in on you each morning before I start my work day Susie -- sending you some Canadian Good Karma, the best kind, eh? ;) Take care, hope LG & Jiff are holding up ok through all this, I'm sure they give you great strength when you feel as though you have none. Take care hon.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Lovely roses Susie! Do they smell as pretty as they look?

I'm SO glad we could help you through in any way...Praying for you that your symptoms subside and you can rest easy soon!

Lotsa, lotsa Canadian love (as Kel just said) & Hugs! And the baby says Hi too!

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

Was thinking about you last evening ... and still thinking about you today. As Kalki says, no peer pressure, not nagging. In your own time, darlin' ...

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie - I'm SO very glad you came through the test so well. You are on my mind daily. Hugs to you!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh, Susie, hon, your comment above made me all teary. I'm so glad you made it through the MRI so easily. NOW, if we could just get some GOOD NEWS.

Loving you and praying for you, my friend...

 
Blogger Amy said...

Whew! Glad it's over and you got through it okay, Susie.
Mwah!

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Yes, VERY VERY glad to hear it went so easily. Still hoping the results are similarly good.

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Just a note to let you know I'm thinking about you. Glad you were okay doing the MRI thing.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, I'm so glad you were able to have some peace during the procedure. You so deserve some! Hang on, do the best you can and remember how loved you are.

I have an idea for the rat's ass t-shirts you thought of for you and your hubby to wear to the doctor appts. - on the back print SAVE FERRIS strike through FERRIS and put SUSIE. I would love for you to be saved from all this upset and discomfort. That is why I continue to make particular exceptions.

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Yay! You made it through!

(((HUGE HUGS)))

 
Blogger Kranki said...

SO GLAD that it wasn't too bad at all. Whew! Hugs!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop by and let you know I'm thinking of you. Glad you made it through the test okay. Still praying, though--for that good news we all want to hear.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home