header image

Sunday, August 20, 2006

shadowhog

shadowdog

Sunday Post ~ "Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby."
-- Ruth E. Renkel


James 1:17


file under: &Sunday Post

26 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, I love the way you illustrated your quote. How did you get VBD Biscuit to stand on his head like that?

Love you!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Sonic?! Is that THE Sonic the hedgehog?! OH man I hope you got his autograph. (Prolly have ta be quick drying ink.)

 
Blogger Nina said...

I love it, the pictures and the quotes. I just wasn't sure if seeing VBD shadow meant six more weeks of summer? I would like that, but fall is already taking hold here.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie, you never fail to shine some light my way.

Sweet Pea saw the pictures and wondered about VBD's shadow and why he was upside down. She also wanted to type a bit.

Hugs to you!

From Sweet Pea:
kifejtoroijoujofkkfekr,4rkr0tetirkirkeueretur9turturturytu5tyutu6u09787iu

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I like the correlation between your picture of Biscuit and the words "shadow of turning" (in the bible verse).

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What evil lurks in the hearts of hedgehogs? Only the shadow knows!

I hope you're doing well, my beautiful friend. Let us know when you get that shin-splint diagnosis.

 
Blogger August95 said...

Good Sunday morning Susie.

Wow VBD has some amazing tricks. You could probably make some money off him. Start him earning his keep :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! Good morning my friend.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I love that quote. I also love that very disorienting photo of The VBD. Hugs!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! why did you make that photo private on flicr. I wanted to fave it.

VBD does tricks. way cool. ;)

cool quote and Bible verse too :)

*hugs*
lil sis

 
Blogger Ern said...

One of my favorite verses.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, thank you for that quote. I need to put it to memory. There must be a mighty big light shining nearby in my life!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you...

 
Blogger Amy said...

neat pics and great quote.

Sunday at Susies....ahhhhhh.

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

xoxoxo

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checkin' in. Love the pic of the VBD--very creative. I hope you find more sunshine than shadows soon!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I needed to hear the Renkel quote tonight. Thanks.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Susie, I love you.

I want to write this comment that can tell you how much you mean to all of us, but I just don't know all the words. Well, I probably do, I just can't spell half of them.

I just want to say, I love you.

I can honestly say that comes from EVERYONE that knows you.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

All this talk of Shadows the same week you had the MRI thingy...I hope shadows are a GOOD thing when they read the MRI's.

Thinking of you.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

Only Hoping

Only hoping isn't what
Givcs us strength to cope.
Let us only hope, but not
Only only hope.

--- Piet Hein

Remember who created the shadows, and have faith you will be found in them, and brought into the sunlight as you deserve. :)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

My little guy looks for shadows everywhere, and is particularly fond of his own. He gets nearly irate when it can't be found sometimes. Of course, he has yet to experience the darker side of shadows.

Anyway, this got me thinking why it is that shadows bring fear, and I think it's because our eyes don't see as well in the dark and as a species, we like to see what's coming. I don't know what's coming at you, but I know you're more than enough for the challenge.

Great pictures, wonderful sentiment. Give the VBD some muzzle kisses for me, please?

 
Blogger Effie said...

"Me, and my shaaaadow, strollin down the a-ven-ue,
just me, [tap, tap, ta-tap] and my shaaaaadow
not a soul to tell my troubles to.
And when it's twelve o'clock,
we climb the stair,
we never knock
'cause nobody's there,
just me [tap, tap, ta-tap] and my shaaaadow,
all alone and feelin' blue!"


Oh Susie dear, I hope you're not feeling blue! Just so's you know--you're never alone!
How are you doing today? Hugs and love!!!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ha! Jim and I went in the exact same Lamont Cranston direction with the shadow.

I love that VBD picture. It's, like, trippy, man.

And let me know if you ever need your hedgehog polished.

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, I told him, "Either you stand on your head, or I will!"
Thank you for posting this for me, sis :)

mrB, No, no, that's not Sonic! That's his cousin . . . Tonic :)

nina, thanks :) Seeing his shadow means six more weeks (at least) of badness.

CK, Aw, you're pretty shiny yourself, there, missy :)

Sweet Pea, you are a very good typer, and I completely understand what you wrote. Thank you for that lovely message :)

karen, believe it or not, I didn't connect the two before you did :) But, yea, it works, right?

jim, I think more evil lurks in the heart of the VBD. Still hoping to get my shins officially diagnosed. I'll let you know ;)

august, that is an excellent idea. He's been mooching here long enough!

traci, hi, sweetie. Was thinking of you over the weekend.

kranki, thank you, I flipped the little sucker. He didn't mind. He said, "Do anything you want, just don't crush my head."

lilsis, you're welcome to it. I changed it to public. I had to get releases from the dog and the 'hog.

ern, mine, too. And it reminds me of the hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness."

lynn, there is. I hope you see it soon. There is.

peaches, thank you, my friend, thinking of you, too.

amy, thank you; I was thinking of you over the weekend, too; actually thinking of the lady in the wheelchair, from your "set," and laughing. Thank you.

MoDis, xoxoxo backatcha :)

sharkey, thanks, and when I look at the BIG picture, I already do have more light than shadows. Gotta keep seeing big.

ssnick, I'm glad it had meaning for you. Hope you're doing OK.

Princess, that is so sweet. You make me feel special. Any more special and I'd need a helmet. I love you, too.

william, thanks. Through a series of miscommunications and poor scheduling, I have no results to speak of, and the New Rollogist is out of town until next week. I am assuming that no news is good news, because no news is what I have, for now.

nilbo, aw, I like that. Not only only hope. But hope.

eclectic, only for you, would I kiss a bad dog that I don't like very much.

effie, I love it when you sing to me :)

bucky, my hedgehog is thoroughly buffed at the moment, but I will let you know when a fresh polishing is needed :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie,
I've been traveling for work again, and I want to let you know I'm thinking of you every day. Still sending my best healing wishes your way, and wishes for answers too.

After hearing me tell my sister about your situation, my sweet nieces have added you to their church prayer list and they've added you to their nighttime prayers. I just love that they did that. :)

(If blogger lets me post this - for some reason I can read blogger blogs the past couple of weeks but haven't been able to post comments?)

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thank you, she :) And you know, I may not be able to make a sound theological argument for this, but I do believe God's ears perk up just a bit more when little ones pray. Please tell your nieces that you told me this, and that I thank them with my whole heart, and that I know their prayers will be answered.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home