header image

Sunday, April 23, 2006

through the looking glass1

Sunday Post ~ "As one is, so one sees." -- Native American Proverb


Hebrews 4:13
I Corinthians 13:12-13

file under: &Sunday Post

20 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, that's a great shot! I love it. And I love the quote, too. We do see and judge everything by what we know and are.

Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Great proverb ~ great photo.
I have to pick up John from the airport and then we will head to the hospital . . . I thought oh wait it is Sunday I have to check at Susie's place first. :) I need my Susie Sunday fix.
Happy Sunday!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to do laundry now ;-)

 
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

Cool shot!

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Very superior shot, Susie. You are so cool.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

That's a lovely photo. And the quotes are great.

I even read part of a sermon on omniscience that used a camera as a metaphor (a camera was able to detect the name printed on a ship's hull, even though it was covered in tar and invisible to an ordinary eye).

I am seeing a lot in your post today, Susie. (Even Plato's cave.) Thank you for that.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Susie. Thank you.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh my. Your aim is dead-on. Wonderful visual to go with the proverb.

My admiration for you can't possibly climb any higher, and yet somehow I appreciate you even more today. Thanks, Rev. Susie, have a blessed Sunday!

 
Blogger Dynila said...

I just love that shot! It makes me think of an Impressionist with a camera doing their spin on the Dutch Masters.

I am also so very jealous of that beautiful tree--I wish oak trees had pretty flowers.

Happy Spring!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Love you, Miss Susie.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Great pic. Happy Sunday.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That photo is a work of art. How amazing!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I needed that relaxing picture today. Now, if I could just relax…

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

That really is a cool shot....it took me a minute to figure out that it was a mirror reflecting the outside......hey, what can I say, I'm old.......

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, thanks, sis :) A little more poetic version of "it takes one to know one." Happy Sunday to you, too.

nina, thank you; you and your friends are in my prayers.

peaches, WHAT? I love you. I hope life settles down, straightens up, soon.

michele, thanks! Nice to see you :)

hoss, thank you so much; I can occasionally pass for cool in some circles.

karen, thank you very much. It has a lot of meaning for me today, too.

traci, aw, you are welcome, and thank you for all of your kindness :)

eclectic, you know, you are my lifesaver. XOXO

dy, thank you; that is right outside my front door, and I do feel blessed, for that :)

ck, right backatcha, girl :)

chchchchia, see, it was either this or a baboon butt ;) Yes, I took it, such as it is.

william, thank you, and happy to you, too.

jim, you are way too good to me. I like the concept, but I should have, could have, spent a little more time on it. I may try again some day.

ssnick, oh, I hope you can relax. It is very important to do that. Especially today.

judy, me, too.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mother T says it best for me. This
is what you do for us-my family,
and what we feel when we visit.

XO
Shoshie

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."
Author:Mother Teresa

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Ooooooooooh. Pretty picture.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous photo. Plus it is symbolic, with the image of the blooming beautiful outside world reflected on the inside mirror.

The quote of the day about projecting outside of us what is inside of us is a topic I have thought a lot about this past year. It seems cyclical: I see (project) outside of me what is inside of me. And then I am also open to seeing outside of me, what is really inside of me.

Maybe that is what my 4th grade teacher was getting at when she wrote in my book "Beauty is as beauty does." But somehow it seemed more shaming than the proverb you picked.

It's interesting in our culture we seem to get the idea that there is a cause and effect aspect to our behavior. But we don't talk much about there being (at a deeper level) such a direct relationship between our hearts and our eyes.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My previous comment may make a bit more sense in this context:

Hebrews 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things [are] naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

So, if we are naked anyway, no more laundry. ;-)

 
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

This is an awesome post...almost makes me want to abandon my blog for greener outlooks.

My little lurker friend was on my blog today..GO TARHEELS...I hope she admired the awesome picture of me.

BTW, sorry about your friend Nikki...I have to ask a freind of mine who did many DOB ventures and is now on the Board of Directors for the org if he knew her persoanlly.

dr H.O. Potamus

 


Post a Comment

<< Home