header image

Sunday, October 09, 2005


Sunday Post ~ Make room for something new.

II Corinthians 5:17-20

file under: &Sunday Post

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Dawn said...

I like that single little red one in there :)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Yes..., but letting go of the old can be painful. Thank you for the reminder that sometimes you have to let go of what is in order to experience what is to be. I will be brave.

 
Blogger Candy said...

For me Fall has always been a time of new beginings. Maybe thats why I love it so.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How often we forget the true purpose of autumn -- nature's way of continuing the circle of life.

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Me, too, Dawn :)

eclectic, oh, I know. It takes time. Of course you are brave, who doesn't know that you're brave? I hope all of the eclectics are doing OK. Hugs to you and yours.

jess, I always think of Spring as new beginnings. I love Fall, too. You've given me a little bit different way of looking at it.

denise, welcome. Yes, I guess that's it, continuing the circle, or the spiral.

MrsDoF, It's mine, too :)

 
Blogger August95 said...

I like Fall just fine, except for the summer is gone part and the winter is coming part.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

That's just the kind of place the Oregon Rain Beetle likes to nestle down. Did you find any?

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Fall to me is always back to school time which I loved because I was a nerd. But it was a new beginning and I loved it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should hire a professional to help me sort out which old should go....because the new is here and he's fantastic ;-)

btw, I've been cracking up at "my cheeky monkey got a monkey on her cheeky" ever since you posted it! Sure, I get weird looks for laughing to myself all the time, but I'm used to that ;-)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm with August. I miss summer and never look forward to winter. Especially the part of winter after the holidays. Too cold and dreary, not to mention snowy. And moving to a non-snow area is not an option for me right now.

But I love the fall colors. They look better on the trees, but they are the colors that I wear best. :-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may know from mrtl's recent post how areligious I am, and I am often nonplussed by shows of religious faith, probably because it's one way in which I'm a minority in our country. But what I'm here to say is there is a great peace to your Sunday posts, thoughtfulness and room for everyone. Thanks.

 
Blogger Susie said...

august, well, yea, there's that. Seriously, I'm just thankful to live in a place where the seasons change. There's something about each one that I enjoy.

hoss, not yet, but if I do, I'm sending them back to Oregon. We have enough trouble here.

sfg, I love back to school, too. I always buy a giant box of new crayons to celebrate :)

lilsis, I'm glad there's a new Mr. Fantastic. If he's that fantastic, maybe get rid of ALL the old ones?

squirl, I like those colors, too. But not yellow. As winter drags on toward the end, I get weary of it, too. Last year I had the idea to have a "winter blues" theme party in Feb. or March, but I never got around to it. I think I'll give that a try in '06.

daphne, thank you for saying those things. Your comment gives me pause. What's interesting to me about what you say is that, the peace, thoughtfulness and "room for everyone" that you credit to me actually come directly from my faith. The One I claim to follow, try to follow, is precisely ABOUT peace, love, welcoming everyone. At least, as I understand Him, that's what He's about. I do realize that many people have been hurt and offended by people claiming the title of "Christian," and not practicing those things. For that, I am sad and sorry.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie, I believe you're livin' it the way Jesus meant.

Even if you did come over and leave a comment on my dirty post today. :)

pohnzy (is that like some evil cross between Fonzie and Potsie?)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read that several times before commenting. New slate, no scoreboard, and its already been paid for. It makes me cry that each person, and myself, is loved that very much. That is truly a gift, and not one that can ever be destroyed.

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, I try. I only leave comments on your dirty posts when I can't find your clean posts. Hey, do you have a secret clean blog somewhere?

lawbrat, YES! I hope you can really take that in, my friend. You DO get a clean slate. No strikes against you, just for the asking.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Authenticity. Few things are as comfortable as being with those who are authentic. That is why you have so many reading you each day, I'm convinced. When you are funny, it is because you truly are funny; when you're thoughtful, that's genuine too; when you are spiritual, you are sharing the authentic soul of your faith. It's lovely, all of it, precisely because it is true, it is YOU. Forgive me if I speak out of turn here, knowing you only by blogging, but I really do believe it. Authenticity is that rarest of qualities. Bless you for being.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Apparently, Kitty, you are not the snow shoveler at your house. ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with Jess on this one, Fall = New beginnings.

Great picture, Susie! Oh, and that quiz where you're Mexican Food -- absolutely YOU, baby! :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, you humble me. You are far too generous in your assessment of me. The best moments of my best day, that's what I'm like. Authenticity is important to me, it's something I pursue, but don't consistently achieve. Your kind praise encourages me to keep trying.

kitty, optimism is such a healthy trait, and often in short supply.

bucky, leave kitty alone; she's a very fine shoveler.

CK, that doesn't mean I make you feel poopy, does it?
Here's to new beginnings!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Heavens NO, darlin... I meant spicy and dependable! :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home