header image

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Test Results are In!

What do you post when you want to post something, but you have no time to write anything? A bunch of blog quizzes! Like most of you, I've taken bunches of these things, but have never really been inclined to post them before, although, as you'll see, I copied and saved them just in case. I selected these because they are the most dead-on accurate characterizations of me that I have ever seen. Much more so than the results of my psych testing, even! No, seriously, I picked the ones that are incredibly flattering to me, because . . . it's my blog, and I CAN.


YOU ARE AUDREY HEPBURN
WORSHIP! You're inner Bombshell is the beautiful
Audrey Hepburn. Like her you've been blessed
with a "certain something" that no
one could describe accurately. You are more
reserved than other bombshells, and that shows
in your gentle, graceful nature. You like doing
things for other people and love volunteering
for your favorite charity. Yours is a rare gift
in this day and age. You don't need to show a
lot of skin to be sexy, all you need is your
eyes. To see Audrey at the top of her game
watch the movie "Breakfast at
Tiffanys".


Who is your inner bombshell?
brought to you by Quizilla



Your Inner Child Is Surprised



You see many things through the eyes of a child.

Meaning, you're rarely cynical or jaded.

You cherish all of the details in life.

Easily fascinated, you enjoy experiencing new things.





Your Blog Should Be Yellow



You're a cheerful, upbeat blogger who tends to make everyone laugh.

You are a great storyteller, and the first to post the latest funny link.

You're also friendly and welcoming to everyone who comments on your blog.







You Have A Type B+ Personality



B+





You're a pro at going with the flow
You love to kick back and take in everything life has to offer
A total joy to be around, people crave your stability.

While you're totally laid back, you can have bouts of hyperactivity.
Get into a project you love, and you won't stop until it's done
You're passionate - just selective about your passions






You Are Mexican Food



Spicy yet dependable.

You pull punches, but people still love you.




Take the 100 Acre Personality Quiz!



Oh, by the way, maybe this blog should be yellow, but I don't like yellow, so that's not happening here any time soon. I have stolen from many people here, and frankly, I don't remember them all, or just where I got what. I do remember pilfering from Plazajen, Eclectic, and Lawbrat . . . ummmm . . . that's all I'm sure about; if you have reason to believe I took one of these at your place, by all means, take credit for it here :)


And now for something totally different:


Little Help, Here?

Jif and I are preparing to go to a Halloween costume party, or at least we're seriously thinking about it. It's a benefit thing, thrown by one of his customers. That is to say, we want to have fun, but there is a certain amount of decorum that will be required. What to wear?!!!! Help us with costume ideas. I'd like a "couples" thing, but it doesn't HAVE to be that. I don't want horror or sex, I can get plenty of those without leaving the house. No, I'm more hoping for clever, or literary, or . . . at a minimum, something that won't cause him to lose this customer. Oh, and cheap is good. I had an idea, and y'all are welcome to it, because we're not going to do it (like you're going to the same party anyway): I would be Little Bo Peep, and Jif would be a "Deliverance" type good ol' boy, with my lost sheep um, how can I put this delicately . . . strategically affixed to the front of his trousers. Now, that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. Maybe if it were a bloggers' Halloween party, we'd go there . . . but not this one. Whaddya got?

36 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Jomama said...

I am dying over here at that costume suggestion. Did you think of that?

I have no suggestions for you because I am not into costumes and such. The last time I dressed up for Halloween, I was 13 and I was a witch for the third year in a row. I do think you should go as something/someone very pretty as opposed to a monster or something.

 
Blogger Susie said...

JOMAMA! I think I thought of it! Maybe I saw a hillbillian type with a sheep attached, and I had the notion to add Little Bo Peep. Cracked me up, though :) I want funny, if I can find it, and keep it clean.

fuzzball, great, I'll come up and see you sometime ;)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Love this, Susie!
My inner bombshell is Lucille Ball.
I am Japanese food ("But contrary to popular belief, you are not always eaten raw".
My 100 Acre Woods character is Winnie the Pooh ("You are loveable and kind, even if you are a bit slow sometimes").

For his and hers costumes:
* Olive Oyl and Popeye (or Bluto)
* Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane
* The Curies
* Mr. and Mrs. Fairchild

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, I covet your Lucille Ball title ('member? I love Lucy on crack here;). And git outta here, it DOES NOT say that about you not being eaten raw! I was trying to think of a Deadwood thing, and toyed with the "saloon girl" idea, but I don't want to fuss with trying to glam up that night. Calamity Jane and Wild Bill . . . that could be a possibility if I can put it together cheaply . . . and if I can manage to not go around calling the nice people cocksuckers . . .

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You are Mexican food." That line cracked me up for some reason. The yellow is right on, even though you don't like it.

One year, some friends and I hosted a Halloween party. Each of us dressed as a different holiday. We had the Easter Bunny, a Christmas tree, and Abe Lincoln, among others.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I love your test results. I'll have to take some of those. I did the inner child and got the same one as you. The Yellow blog does suit you. It's also one of my favorite colors.

I'm not good at the costumes thing but if I think of something I'll let you know.

Bob Seger rules, Bob Seger rules. Bob Seger rules. mkay?

 
Blogger Dawn said...

HI Susie. I got Kanga, too-LOL. OH, I love Halloween, ok costume ideas........hmmm I'll have to get back 2 u.
when i was in college, i went to a halloween party and some dude was dressed like a toilet, and his friend, a plunger-cracked me up!

 
Blogger Dawn said...

oh, and we had a child come to our house last year dressed like santa. we thought that was pretty clever?

dawn.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Trump and Martha Stewart should be easy enough to pull off.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm only commenting because I like the word verification.

xuuck

 
Blogger c said...

My inner child is angry! I'm so not surprised!

Sorry, no ideas about the costumes.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Are we sisters in another reality? I have Kanga, Audrey Hepburn, a yellow blog but, like Bucky, I'm Japanese food "not always eaten raw" that's actually what it said!

You could go as Princess Leia & Han Solo--that would be cool! But Calamity Jane & Wild Bill...not too bad....

 
Blogger Effie said...

and my inner child is "Surprised"...

 
Blogger Susie said...

sharkey, that Mexican food line was funny to me, too, all sorts of possibilities there ;) I like your multi-holiday costume theme.

squirl, I'm pleased if my blog fits the description of yellow, but I look awful in yellow! Finally, you give Bob the respect he is due.

blogaholic, those are all good costumes . . . I'm just not feelin' it this year for some reason . . .

mrtl, your little Mickey with tummy costume rocks, too :)

william, I like that idea; although no couple looks less like those two than Jif and I do; I'm way too fat to be Martha, but maybe a blond wig, prison jumpsuit and some pearls would get the point across . . .

nut, I mean squirl, you make me laugh ;)

misfit, your inner child is angry because she wants to know what the hell she's going to be for Halloween!

effie, we were separated at birth! ;)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You could be Bob Seger and Jif could be the Silver Bullet Band...

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

a cookie and a glass of milk!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

If you are Mexican food then I want some of you!

You could dress like a burrito and Jif could be salsa.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Here's some ideas:
http://www.tobyk.com/images/humor/halloween/

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am:Lucille Ball-no surprise there
Mexican Food-I do tend to give people gas. It's a gift.
Surprised Inner Child-well that can't be right
Yellow Blog Spot-okay, I can live with that
Winnie the Pooh-hmmm,I do not tend to walk around with a red shirt and no pants. Well, except for that one time.
Type A-: figures, I am A-, the story of my life.

Sidenote:
BOB SEGER totally rocks! BOB SEGER is the bomb! I wanna have his love child! I love BOB!

 
Blogger Effie said...

I'm a B+ personality--now I should stop playing around with your quizzes--thanks though!

My word verification is: maylzg

Male ziggy--hmmm is he a stripper?

 
Blogger Effie said...

Don't have volume on my computer--who's Bob Seger (ducks furtively--from all the objects being thrown my way)

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Why don't you wear a T-shirt that says: "Later on I will get immaculately concepted because my husband just took a shower"???

I don't know, I guess Jif will have to dress up as God, or something. Better sleep on it.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

A salt shaker and an Energizer = "Assault and Battery"!! OK, maybe that's only funny to us lawyer types, but it was done at one party I attended and it's hilarious!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I decided to try the quizes:

My bombshell is Audrey Hepburn
My Inner Child is Surprised
My blog color is Yellow
I have an A- personality
I am Italian food
I am Owl

That was fun.

 
Blogger Dawn said...

he he, i aske the same question over at squirl's place-about bob segler. she hooked me up with a link.
so susie, i was thinking hershey kisses?
(you have those there right?)

 
Blogger Dawn said...

oops i should really proof read before i send the comment:
asked the same question
and bob seger not segler-my bad

 
Blogger Ern said...

That was the longest "no time to post" post I've ever seen!

How do people not know who Bob Seger is? Aren't we born knowing about some things? Like Beatles lyrics?

You could be TomKat--you can wear a pregnant belly and Jiff could walk on his knees and wear a sign that says, "Get off the Prozac"

I saw a couple once and the guy was a plug and the girl was a socket. Kind of dirty connotation, but only if you want to take it that way!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

OK, Bob Seger 101 (and I can say this because I've seen him 4 times and have spent waaaaay too much money on his collectibles):

Hard rocker from Ann Arbor, MI, rocked some hard garage rock in the mid to late '60s, great big deal regionally, had a semi-national hit with "Rambin' Gamblin' Man" while fronting the Bob Seger System.

His songwriting became more introspective in the '70s, and he then fronted the Silver Bullet Band, probably his most famous incarnation. Made a whale of a concert album called "Live Bullet" and followed it with the album titled for what would become his signature tune, "Night Moves", a bittersweet song in three movements about longing for the sexual discovery of youth.

But, of course, most of you will know him from "Old Time Rock and Roll" (sorry, Bob - I love ya, but I HATE that song). Please try not to think of Tom Cruise in his underwear when you think of Seger.

Now ends my rock and roll pontification for the morning. Please leave donations in the collection basket as you strut on outta here.

fdmokz

 
Blogger Effie said...

Oh yeah--the song Tom Cruise danced to in his underwear and a white shirt and socks! Teeheehee! He's allegedly going to be a real daddy soon--whats-her-face is pregnant!

my word verif. is: oddueye

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, I actually considered for a moment how the hell we could do that; and who the hell would recognize us if we could . . .

annejelynn, I like it, but someone would totally get bitten; might not be pretty ...

kranki, I'm all yours! I like that idea . . . if I were a sewer I'd give it a try.

sierrabella, you remain disturbed :) That barfing pumpkin? Jif actually did that at a church Fall festival pumpkin carving contest a couple of years ago. Gross.

deneen, we have a lot in common; thank goodness someone else here knows Bob.

effie, you must read Professor Bucky's educational comment on Bob Seger. There will be a test.

hoss, your comment disturbs me on many levels. Please visit often ;)

eclectic, see, I like that. I like the play on words things that go together like that . . .

squirl it's no wonder I blove you so :)

blogaholic, see Professor Bucky's Bob Seger lecture.

ern, WTF with the Prozac? I'm missing it, help me here. And the post, it's all smoke and mirrors, my dear; I wrote almost nil; I had collected, saved, cut and pasted from y'all! MWAHAHAHAAHAAA

that bucky! I do respect her but I love to watch Her Strut ;)

effie, poor what's-her-face; I had hoped she would wise up. Now let us pray the poor girl doesn't suffer post-partum depression :(



I'M AT A CONTINUING ED THING ALL DAY TODAY (FRIDAY), JUST POPPED HOME FOR LUNCH. I'M LEARNING EVERYTHING YOU NEVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SELF-MUTILATION. TRY NOT TO HURT YOURSELVES WHILE I'M GONE :P

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I went as computer Solitare last year - easy, cheap, and got some laughs from my co-workers.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Yeah--can you imagine what Tom Cruise would put her through? Vitamins galore--no meds for him--that's just bad news....blah blah

Oh--and by the way--I just bumped into the corner of my desk and ate too much cake (i'm diabetic)--does that count as self mutilation? Teehee! Have a great weekend--it's Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday! Happy Gobble-Gobble Turkey Day!

 
Blogger Echrai said...

Hmm.. My inner bombshell was Mae west, my blog should be green, I'm also a B+ type personality... uh...

Calvin and Hobbes
No-man and his Island - that's always a fun one, although difficult to get sometimes.

 
Blogger Amy said...

How great, posting all your test results at once!

I saw one couple dressed as a candy cane. She wore red, he wore white. And they wrapped themselves around each other and one arm out and they were a candy cane!

 
Blogger Dawn said...

so, susie? r u going to let us know what you choose as a costume? hope you had a good day, even though the topic was somewhat grim :(
have a good weekend
dawn

 
Blogger Susie said...

crayoneater, you're so clever; and your new profile pic is crayolicious.

effie, we could wear socks, underwear and white shirts (and dunce hats) and go as Tom Cruise!

echrai, those are clever; I usually am more creative than this, I'm having a tough time, brain is overworked lately :(

amy, that's cute and snuggly; maybe a little too much togetherness?

dawn, I will let y'all know. Actually, that was a very productive seminar today, one of the best I've attended, and I didn't expect that :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home