header image

Sunday, October 02, 2005


Sunday Post ~ "Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do." Kahlil Gibran

Mark 12:41-44

file under: &Sunday Post

17 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Candy said...

That is so so beautiful. I sent you a special email today. Now I am going to bed.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Beautiful pic.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

My Grandma often said something to the effect that for a gift to have value, it must cost you something to give it, be it time, money, effort, thoughtfulness or whatever... and your post today reminded me of her. Thank you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

JR, I surely enjoyed your special email. Sweet dreams.

thank you, william. Did you see that there was a meeting of your fan club in the comments following my "tag" post? Yup.

eclectic, what a sweet thing for you to tell me. Thank YOU for that. You grandma is wise.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

What a beautiful flower. I have never seen one like it before. What is it?

And a perfect quote for the day. It is so true.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pic and a profound thought. Thanks.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great verses. I'm glad you take the time to share these each week.
Love,
Dawn

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, Susie, a cleome. I've never gotten a picture of one of those that I really liked.

I like the Gibran, too. You are a generous soul, I can see how that would appeal to you.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Beautiful post. :)

 
Blogger Dawn said...

WOW, Susie, those are amazing. you know, I was never really into flowers before, but your pic's here have made me appreciate them so much more-thank you,
Dawn

 
Blogger Susie said...

kranki, without my squirly girly, I would be up a creek here. She tells me it's a cleome. This is one of the few flower pix I've posted that didn't come from my yard, but from a farm where we went to a Harvest Festival yesterday.

nick, you're welcome.

lawbrat, you are very welcome to anything I have to share. I wish I had a house near your school for you to share. You're in my prayers. Much love backatcha.

squirl, thank you, for the kind compliments and for telling us what the heck that flower is :)

ern, thank you, yours is mighty fine today, too :)

dawn, what a nice thing to tell me. Thank you for that. They are really amazing, little gifts of beauty to help us feel better, I think.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kahlil Gibran rocks. And I'm sure that's EXACTLY how he intended to be described one day.

And what the heck is this verification word? norlarbu

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is true about generosity.
For normal people. lol

(Then there are people who like to care for others but can't seem to do the same for themselves.)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I thought I'd heard them called spider plants before, too. Thanks for getting me to google the flower. http://www.gardenguides.com/flowers/annuals/cleome.htm

Sorry, I didn't do the cool html.

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks, momo!

bucky, Gibran and I go way back; I think one of my brothers gave me The Prophet in the late 70s.

sheryl, yes, unbalanced is unbalanced, whatever the commodity -- greed, generosity . . .

squirl, thanks for the link info; they actually did look quite spidery.

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is really awesome.

 
Blogger Lori said...

How gorgeous! I used to have some Cleome and after seeing this, need to put it on my "spring" list for next year!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home