header image

Sunday, September 18, 2005



Sunday Post ~ "This, too, shall pass." Abraham Lincoln
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill

Psalm 37:1-9

file under: &Sunday Post

23 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

This too shall pass has been my lifeline for many, many years. Couldn't have gotten through without it.

Beautiful picture, too.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Please tell me that's in your yard! Hopefully it's close to where my little tent goes..., on the flat spot by the flowers...remember?

 
Blogger August95 said...

My Nana and Mom have always said this. Now I say it. Always good to hear and remember. Nothing lasts forever. :) Have a wonderful Sunday Susie.

 
Blogger Candy said...

I have been using that phrase myself alot this week, are you in my head with Spongebob now too???

 
Blogger Nina said...

I love the Sunday Post ~ The picture is beautiful, and I love both quotes. Thanks Susie, may you have a wonderful Sunday!

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Yeah, you're right. This is too shady for tomatoes.

("This too shall pass." = So it goes.)

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, me, too. And not just for bad things; I try to remember that about good times, too. Not to be a downer, but to remind me that they are to be fully lived and cherished.

eclectic, sorry, I took it at my BIL & SIL's house. Don't you worry, though, we can arrange for you to camp there, too; they're very hospitable :)

august95, yep, everything changes. The only thing that stays the same is the fact that everything changes. EXCEPT -- and this is a big part of why I have chosen the faith I have chosen -- One of the first verses I learned as a child -- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Your comment reminded me of that. Thank you.

jess, If I am in there, I'm gonna kick Spongebob's ass OUT. He's on my nerves lately.

momo, that is a peaceful spot. I snuck off down there during a big whole family thing.

nina, thank you; I hope your Sunday is going beautifully, too.

mrtl, keep going, you'll come out the other side.

hoss, yes, we have no tomatoes.

 
Blogger Ern said...

I would love to have that in my yard! Beautiful.

My mom used to say, "This too shall pass" to me, and I HATED it!

 
Blogger Susie said...

ern, you have a beautiful yard, too. I still have that pic of your gate that I swiped (I love gates). Your comment made me smile. You make a good point. "This too shall pass," is often better said to one's SELF, rather than hearing it from someone else. You'll annoy your kids with it, too, someday, though ;)

 
Blogger Jen Spedowfski-Martin said...

Amen! Thanks for putting a pretty visual with one of my favorite passages.

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Perfect quote!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Geez, I go AWOL for a couple of days and suddenly there's a Susie Fairchild/Spong Bob Squarepants Grudge Match goin' down?

I have the coolest blog friends.

 
Blogger Susie said...

jen, you're very welcome :)

sassyfemme, thanks; it seems to apply to so many situations, so many people right now. But of course it does; I read that Lincoln said it as a response to being asked to give some advice that was applicable in all situations, at all times.

bucky, bet on me, sweetie. I can totally take that square-pantsed wuss.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Susie, I came over to ask where you found that ikissyou.org site you left in Lawbrat's comments! TOO FUNNY!!!! The Speedo put me over. the. edge.

Someone wants a green card :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture, quotes and verses. You just rock!

And that link...I'm dying. That was great. How do you find these things? I was thinking that before I saw Andreas comment.
I really did like that one thought...with the hot guy, and all the different scenerios females will go ga-ga for...I was drooling to him.

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, The Lioness left it in my comments, here. It was new to me, cracked me up, but Squirl said it made the rounds a couple of years ago. Glad you enjoyed.

lawbrat, see above, for the hot guy. I'm glad you came over. I thought of you when I read this scripture for today.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the Churchill quote better than Abe's. I've heard Abe's so often, I don't get any encouragement from it any more. Churchill's though, for some reason, that strikes a chord with me. :)

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

what an awesome lil' path! I want one!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

What a sweet little path. Really lovely.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Abraham Lincoln and Winston Churchill were quoted in Psalm 37:1-9 ?

Simply amazing!

 
Blogger Echrai said...

I love that you do this. I'm not Christian, but I've always loved the Psalms.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Oh Susie--I so needed that--you say the exactly right things at exactly the right time....

I'd like to use that for my "lifeline" too...now I have to go and look up that Psalm....

Oh yeah and "Aarrgh ye landlubbers" it's talk like a pirate day!

 
Blogger Susie said...

CK, yea, I can see that. They say the same thing, but on Sunday, I was more about the Churchill one, too.

annejelynn and kranki, I know, isn't it cool?

sierrabella, SMARTASS.

echrai, thank you, I love the Psalms, too.

effie, bless you, that's what I keep hearing, almost every week from *someone*. I'm glad it had some meaning for you this week.

kitty, love to you, too, sweetie. Glad you kept going :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home