header image

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Fraud? Maybe Kenny Wasn't Straight Up with Her . . .


What went wrong?

I don't often post anything having to do with celebrities, here. But this Renee Zellweger / Kenny Chesney thing has me quite curious. I think Renee is just the cutest. I was happy that she was happy. And now, after only four months of marriage, she has filed for an annulment. And she has given "fraud" as the grounds for this annulment. And no other details have been forthcoming. What in the world?

Here's what I think may have happened. I'm wondering if maybe when she and Kenny got together, Kenny was steppin' large and laughin' easy, if you know what I mean. Then, as people sometimes do, he thought he could go off his meds and . . . I don't know . . . I'm just sayin' . . .

26 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

So does 'fraud' include irreconcilable wang diferences? I clicked that link and cried laughing.

Thank you sooooo much for a good, long guffaw at the end of the day. It was much needed!

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

thanks for the giggle!

 
Blogger Susie said...

Oh, plum. Sometimes something cracks me up in the wee hours and I post it, having no idea whether anyone else will find it amusing, or even whether I will in the cold light of day. You validate me, Plum :) And yes, that is exactly what I am wondering about -- were there, in fact, irreconcilable differences in what she THOUGHT she was getting and what she actually GOT? Inquiring minds want to know.

annejelynn, you are so welcome. And thank you for sharing my warped sense of humor.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Tee-hee. I couldn't believe you would actually blog about celebrities' lives until I got to the steppin' large and laughin' easy stuff.

Thanks for the Saturday morning guffaw. :-)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm going to have to save the viewing of the "Bob" commercials for when I'm using the desktop (laptop doesn't want to let me update Quicktime), but I'm looking forward to it. I got the general gist of the site though, and finally "got" your joke (and laughed!)

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Right when we think "There's a match made in Heaven," it goes to hell. Social scientists put this in the category of "too bad."

 
Blogger Ern said...

You crack me up Susie! You know, I just saw a magazine yesterday on the grocery store with Renee on the cover, talking about how happy their marriage is. OOPS! Somebody's gettin' fired!

 
Blogger Candy said...

Hahaha she made a statement that fraud is just the legal terms they have to use to annul the marriage and then both of them made statements asking for privacy during this painful time. HAH

So hey, a little respect there Susie, your totally out of control you little gossip hound.

I cant help it, I think her face always looks like she bit into like 50 lemons at once.

Loved her in Chicago though, but still, lemons.

I bet it was when he finally took his hat off and she realised he was bald under there.....

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't surprised that they are divorcing already. Four months is a long to be married. *wink*

I am curious about the fraud claim. Renee couldn't go with the good ol' dependable irreconcilable differences. I think somethin's up ... or not up ... as the case may be.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I heard a statement from her camp that the "fraud" thing was just legal jargon and not a reflection on his character. Um...sure!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

But see, if they used "irreconcilable differences" it would be a divorce, which would mean the marriage had failed; whereas, if it's annulled, then from a legal standpoint, the marriage never existed so it couldn't have failed, it just never happened -- which makes things just ever so much easier when dividing up "property."

Damn. I was acting like a lawyer again, wasn't I? Oh well.... I had to think of something to stop the hyena laughter your little link caused over here, Ms. Susie!

 
Blogger Lioness said...

Ahhh, yes!

Have you met him though, http://www.ikissyou.org? You won't feel like a woman till you do. [I have more]

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, well, I am very interested in marital happiness, so this was distressing to me ;)

andrea, you should check out a couple of Bob's "spots."

mrtl, you, too; check out Bob. He's got a big new swing of confidence!

hoss, thank you for adding a scientific spin to the discussion.

ern, does the FRAUD ever stop?

jess, I know, but I still think she's a cutie. She reminds me of someone I know and like. I don't think it was the hat; I really don't. I think the fraud goes much deeper than that -- or not --- PWAHAHAAHAHAA!

julie, see, that's what I'm talking about. I mean, he is a public figure. What could she not have known about him, other than that which was shall we say, "enhanced," to the point of deceit?

kranki, again, that supports my theory. She said it was no reflection on his "CHARACTER." Have you seen any reports that say it was no reflection on his, um, "little character"? Hmmmm?

eclectic, I think plummilicious has coined the new, yet very proper legal term: "irreconcilable wang differences."

lioness, what have I ever done to you that you would try to kill me like that? ohmygosh, I nearly hurt myself seriously with that one. Waaaaaay too funny :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

momo, The commercials crack me up, too. I can't believe they're on TV, and I can't believe people buy that stuff.

MJ, it's good to "see" you here. You could be starting something -- a country singer, GAY? *gasp* They don't make gay country singers! ;) It makes me smile to think Sarah would have enjoyed this; I can imagine her chiming in here :)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I read this post and before clicking the comments button, I said to myslef this is a perfect setup for Bucky. I look through the comments no Bucky.

Susie, funny post.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Those "Bob" commercials crack me up. I guess he should have stayed on his meds. ;)

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, my dear friend Bucky has gotten drunk, saturated her Depends and fallen into a dumpster, I fear; that is why we are not all being graced with the gift of her delightful humor.

nina, me, too. Clever and surreal. Kenny is no Bob, apparently.

 
Blogger Jen Spedowfski-Martin said...

I'd much rather think he was less endowed than what other's are assuming---that he's gay. That would kill many a fantasy for me!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Well, first let me say: duaxpgcq

Then let me say, you have that maddening whistling song from the Enzyte ads playin' merrily in my head.

And Susie - I like this sudden celebrity gossip mongering. It becomes you in a good-girl-gone-bad kinda way.

 
Blogger Susie said...

jen, I thought MJ here was the only one with that theory. But now I understand it's been going around for quite some time, and the "fraud" thing confirms it in the minds of some. Will we ever know? Hmmm...

bucky, well thank you; I'll be on the lookout for more gossip worth mongering. I like to monger; I even like that word. That whistling is a bitch, though, heh heh.

 
Blogger Denise B. said...

See, I have a completely different opinion of Renee Zelweger. Every time I see her on TV, I get the strong impression that she is arrogant and self-absorbed (and feel the same about him). I have no idea what the problem between her and Kenny might be, but I have a feeling it might be too much ego, too little space.

 
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

Always a joke about Men's Penis'es. Hardy, Har, Har...
Didya hear 'bout the one who's penis blah, blah, blah...

I sense sexual frustration in your post, perhaps even Penis Envy. Its ok, it really is, if you are re-incarnated you too maybe lucky enough to return with a penis, hopefully for you, not attached to a praying mantis.

Yours truly, your colleague and fellow therapist,

Dr. H.O. Potamus

 
Blogger c said...

I heard he and Clay Aiken were "going out to dinner" too often for Renee's taste.

Kidding!

I *did* hear "friends" of Renee's saying that the reasoning behind "fraud" was that he didn't want kids.

So maybe they "forgot" to have that conversation before they married. It *was* pretty quick, after all.

 
Blogger Susie said...

redhead mommy, truthfully, I like her mostly because I loved Bridget Jones, and because she looks very much like my husband's cousin, whom I like very much. Your space-to-small-for-their-giant-heads theory could be true.

Dr. H.O.P., you may have a point, probably on the top of your head. Truth is, I don't have to die to "return with a penis." I could pretty much just walk into the next room and return with a penis. (I crack myself up.)

misfit, it really is just bizarre! Who wouldn't have the kid conversation -- their almost 40, for heaven's sake! The gay stuff has been going around for a couple of years; I didn't know until this week -- not being into Kenny -- but perhaps that is the case.

 
Blogger Maven said...

Obviously Renee loves dick; rumor has it, so does he. In retrospect, he's got that too clean cut, cute Brian Boitano thing going on...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Folks, I'm a Kenny fan from way back.Spent some time with him and his band a few years ago. I don't believe the gay rumors. If anything I think he probably had a hard time getting past the Ruby Duce personality she has.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home