header image

Sunday, May 01, 2005


Springtime

garden

in the rain.

Sunday Post ~ Think of lovely things.

Philippians 4:8

file under: &Sunday Post

33 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Kranki said...

Truly lovely, Susie.

 
Blogger Nicolette said...

All the pics are great!

 
Blogger Candy said...

I totally, 100% have flower envy. Just looking at those pics gives me phantom lilac wandering through my brain. You just made my imagination smell delicious.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful ... I'm missing the lilac bush we left behind at our last home. Not only did it smell fantastic, but it was amusing to watch the gigantic bumblebees hover under its spell.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I wuv them. I wish I could grow them.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thanks, kranki, so are you.

Nicolette, thank you, glad you enjoyed.

jessicarabbit, hey, I think I can smell your imagination from here!

julie, we left behind an enormous, voluptuously blooming one at our old home. The blooms you see here are IT for this one, which was already here when we got here. I'm hoping it will grow into a glorious one as well.

Aw, Kristine, I know you can. Everything here pretty much takes care of itself, once it gets going.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How pretty!

 
Blogger kimmyk said...

pritty pritty picture!

lilac bushes are my favorite...we had one at my old house and my children when they were lil useta go pick all the flowers off and bring 'em in, put 'em in a large bowl..i loved that.

that's my memory when i see a lilac bush. thanks for reminding me again.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Another favortie scripture that I think of all the time especially when people and things around me seem really negative.
Now I must go purchase one of those bleeding hearts. Why dont I have one already? I think its because they need afternoon shade and I get mostly western exposure and in Redding Ca., thats like, hotter than the hinges of hades.
(my ex-mother-in-law used that term alot because she would never say "hell".)

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Gorgeous!

You are blessed! Thank for sharing your love of life and beautiful thoughts.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Reminds me of when I lived in The Netherlands...

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

"You just made my imagination smell delicious."

Perfect. Elegant. Poetic. Wish I'd said that.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrtl, put that mirror down and look at my flowers!

kimmyk, that is one my favorite Springtime things to do, bring the lilacs in in vases for the smell.

dashababymama, good luck with your bleeding hearts; this scripture is one of the ones I tell myself most often, too.

greenie, yes, I am blessed, with lovely blogfriends being among my newest blessings.

little sister, I have never been, but images come to mind from the photographs I've seen; it must have been beautiful. (Ya scared me there for a moment, I read, "Neverland." Don't wanna go THERE...)

nilbo, there you go, coveting JessicaRabbit's imagination.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Susie! Especially the bleeding hearts. (That's what they are, right? After the whole "House of Joseph" thing, I'm doubting my ability to think today!) :)

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Wonderful pictures and thought!
(I just deleted my previous posting wishing everyone a Happy Mothers Day since I was a week early... someone had sent me a card today, so I assumed...)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May Day flowers. Thank you muchly....

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Sierrabella, that is next week, right?? You had me scared to death, thinking I'm supposed to be at my mom's (2 hours away) today!

 
Blogger Andrea said...

OH, now I read the part that said you deleted that post :)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I love all of those plants. I guess I love most plants! Thanks for the pictures.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lilacs are my new desktop background. When I was married we owned a house in Grand Rapids, and I planted many, many flowers. Had 3 lilac bushes in the backyard along the fence. I miss my flowers :-( I should have gotten visitation rights.
Thanks for a lovely post.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Sorry about that andrea!
One of my sisters-in-law sent an e-card today and I also panicked.
I think the men in the white coats will be coming before I can schedule an appointment with Susie.

 
Blogger Susie said...

kalki, yes, finally, you got something right today;) Don't feel too bad, the first time greenie did that, he put, Book of Joseph, and I figured it must be a Mormon text, but then Andrea asked him and he 'fessed up:)

sierrabella, at first you scared ME, but then when I saw your site, I figured you were just getting your M-Day wishes out of the way early because of your guests!

MrsDoF, you are most welcome:)

squirl, you can pick some of the lilacs for a birthday gift:) Hope you've had a great weekend.

lawbrat, you're welcome. Everyone seems to have happy associations with lilacs.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Pretty, pretty flowers, Susie, I said in my best imitation of an alto. :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

Bucky, thank you, kind sir. THWACK! Ow!!

 
Blogger 123-I-Love-You said...

A gorgeous array of nosegays!

I just wanted to use the word "nosegay".

Great pics/post/blog!

 
Blogger Ladyred said...

Beautiful scenes! I am enjoying your blog.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

I covet many things of Jessica's ... but among them - for sure, her imagination.

Hey, gimmee a break. If I didn't have an imagination, I'd have no sex life at all.

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

...Praising the very admirable, excellent Susie...ro? I mean come on, you're blog royalty now.

Love the flowers, my favorite thing after the bebe...except I thought it was wisteria. Man, I watch too much Desperate Housewives.

 
Blogger Susie said...

robyn, I had to miss DH tonight, because I had to watch my new buddy in her new movie. I am nothing if not loyal to my commenters;) No wisteria. We got your azalea, your lilac and your bleeding heart.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shooshie,

My highball and I would like to thank you for your lovely compliment. At least I'm taking it as a lovely (that's love-a-lee) compliment, even if you didn't intend it as such.

I love you woman! We should totally get together when I'm in the mid-atlantic region, if you're close to where I'll be, that is.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, Tisha,
Well, temper, dust and rear all grow quite as gloriously as those plants do around here. Of COURSE you're from Texas, talking about "on a stick!" You made me laugh. I thought "corn-dog;" that would work. Actually just had a Tootsie Pop. Thank you, come back and visit again.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when are you coming to this region, you freakin' lush?
You and your highball, and any lowballs that may be in the vicinity, are most welcome.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the lovely pretty things that surround me were covered in rain this weekend too.

But the sunset this evening, when the sun came out, was stunning.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home