header image

Thursday, April 21, 2005

What's Your Sign?


The new neon sign has arrived for my office. What do you think? "Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional," is attributable to Mary Engelbreit, as far as I know. I have a tote bag and a fridge magnet with this sentiment on them. My brother-in-law saw the fridge magnet once and thought it said, "Let's put the func back in dysfunctional." And I REALLY like that idea. I'm trying to develop it into a group therapy model in which I get a bunch of clients together once a week and we go to Funky Town, dancing to James Brown, the Brothers Johnson ( get the funk out ma face, get. the. funk. out ma face), et. al. Let me know if you're interested, I'll send you a flier when I'm ready to start the group.

You can make a sign for your office (or your blog) here.

Thanks to Trisha, whom I don't know, for the sign source.
Thanks to Mary Bishop for the color:)

18 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! I'm interested! Sign me up!

Wait, will there be food?




Nifty sign thingy! Thanks!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I love funk. Who couldn't use some therapy. I'm for it!

 
Blogger Joseph said...

therapy shmarapy...I just wanna boogie.

Shake yur' groove thang, shake yur groove thang, ya ya...show'em how to do it now!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

As the Black Eyed Peas say "if it smells like Func it must be us".

 
Blogger Susie said...

Sigh. CK, of COURSE. The usual, cookies and wine, maybe even some Cheetos...

Squirl, it'll be great -- I'm working on the flier -- whaddya think of this, "Don't get depressed....GIT DOWN!!!!"

Oh, greenie, you take me back...
Movin' loose,
Or heart-to-heart
We put in motion
Every single part...


William! We didn't scare you away! Git down wit yo bad self! (So you are down with the goofy;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my yes, sign me up, baby! My hubby can play a funky base walk on his Fender...can he join too? Funkadelic Psycadelic Psycotherapy.

 
Blogger this.is.damon said...

"When the funk, hits the fan, all the people wanna jam, come on get funky!"
Come on, I know I'm not the only one that used to watch the Steve harvey show :)

I need to get one of those neon signs with my favorite "office-type-situation-deal" saying:

"If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be ... meetings.

Ok, maybe that won't actually fit ...

 
Blogger mary bishop said...

Hey I'm a celeb on Susie's blog! I am the queen of colors..I am a hopping help desk..not! but thanks for the plug.

Love the sign and sign me up for the party.

Oh, won't you take me to Funkytown/Talk about it,Talk about, Talk about,Talk about movin'

Dancing on my *ass* at the computer being one.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I want a sign that says:

"Twinkies! They're not just for breakfast anymore."

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

I don't fly anymore, so I'll have to leave now and catch next weeks session- pencil me in!

My sign? Go Away - I'm - Blogging

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing neon made me think of
I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home.

 
Blogger Susie said...

laurenbove, oh good, I'll sign you up...laurenbove and Grandmaster hubby...

damon, I go back way farther than Steve Harvey. I was one of the original Soul Train dancers. (What? Shut up.)

You need to check out despair.com
They can hook you up with some excellent motivational signs for the office;)

Mary, Queen of Colors, Get up offa that thang! Try to relieve some preshah!

CK, it's on its way, Twinkie;)

SierraBella, your spot in the Therafunk group is reserved. Or is it the Funkapy group? Lemme get back to you on that...

SUB, isn't that Tammy Wynette? Tammy WhyNot? Tammy Whine-at? None of that at the Therafunk/Funkapy group.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Groove therapy. Sign me up!

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, funkipantzen, you got it, sweetie:)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooo... so the word for today is FUNK! Or was that the word for yesterday?

 
Blogger Susie said...

CK,
Every day,
Funk is the word
Is the word that you heard
It's got groove, it's got meaning
Funk is the time
Is the place
Is the motion
Funk is the way we are feeling

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Huh. Funny. I thought it was "grease."

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

suzie dog ate circus kelli dog

FU CKER DEMON DOGS!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home