header image

Monday, April 25, 2005


This is the Mama, at about the same age. I think I had been crying here. Probably crying about what they'd done to my bangs!

11 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Nilbo said...

Totally reminds me of one of the great East Coast regional sayings. I was in a mall with a friend and her daughter, who (evidently) looked a lot like her mother had when she was a child. We ran into an old friend of her parents, who looked at the child and said (imagine a thick, almost-Irish accent): "Oh, dear God, would you look at this one. My dear, my dear, your mother will never be dead a day as long as this one walks the face of the earth."

Oh, yeah. And nice bangs.

 
Blogger lawbrat said...

She's your twin! I've never seen such a strong resemblence. Wow Susie! You are both very beautiful. The bangs are cute. Are you sure you didnt do them yourself? :-)
Have a great Monday!!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

You can't say she's not your daughter. :-) What a resemblance.

 
Blogger Susie said...

nilbo, I have heard that comment. Confusing to a child -- kids don't like to hear "your mother" and "dead" in the same sentence.
Yea, when I look back at some of the hairdos and some of the clothing that was inflicted upon me, well, it explains a lot...

lawbrat, thanks. I think I was too young to have done that to my hair, although, now that you mention it, LG had a 'do a lot like that a couple of years later, after we had to try to repair her own hairstyling efforts....could be...

squirl, yea, so far I rarely feel the need to not claim her. I suspect she is approaching the age where she won't want to claim me.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrtl, it is very cool. And kind of eery at the same time. Seeing your eyes in someone else's face.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a couple of "bad bangs" pictures. I let someone else cut my kids' hair. The only bangs I want to "damage" are my own.

Punkin is a mini-me, except for her eyes. Of the three little clowns, I tell people I made "that one" all on my own, the other two Hubby helped me with. The other two are very much Hubby's side of the family.

 
Blogger Jomama said...

Oh my. When I looked at the previous post of your daughter, I assumed it was a commercial poster or something because of the absolute cuteness of it (that pout is priceless). I didn't read the comments, so I had no idea it was a personal picture until I saw this picture of you and then went back and said, "hey, wait a sec. . .". The two of you are so adorable, and the resemblance is uncanny.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I love looking at kids and seeing how they look like one parent or another (or both; or an aunt or grandparent, etc.)

Since my girls are half Chinese, most of my white friends say they look like Leo, simply because they have the Asian eyes; and all our Chinese friends say they look like me because they see that their eyes are *bigger*, and that their hair and skin are lighter.

My family knows the truth. It took me a while to see it for myself, but my sister speaks the truth when she says Audrey is a Chinese version of me at 4. And of course, Aislinn is and will be the same, because she's a little clone of her sister.

You were just as cute as LG, Susie!

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Yes, if it weren't for those bangs, I'd say it could be the same child. What were your parents thinking leaving the scissors out like that?

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, I imagine that the clowns are cute as can be. It's good that both you and hubby are "reppazinted."

mamaramma, she does resemble me in personality, too, for better and for worse. We are ALL very, very lucky and blessed. Especially Jif;) In the pic today of Mayabird, I absolutely see you. Will is also lucky to be so surrounded by beauty.

rina bee, thank you. So happy to read your good news. This time next year, you'll be showing us how cute your little bundle of joy is:) (IF you have time!)

andrea, I don't think I've seen Audrey, but I'm sure she's beautiful. I know the baby is. I like what your sister said. I really like the name "Aislinn." I've never heard it. Did you and Leo create it, or where did it come from? Reminds me of Aslan.

robyn, child abuse takes many forms...

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Aislinn is actually a Celtic name, pronounced Ash-lyn (sometimes spelled Aisling and pronounced Ash-leen, but then it would be mis-heard as Ashley even more often than it already is). A friend at church teases me about my Chinese-Irish-American baby :) Poor thing, her middle name (like her sister's) is Chinese and equally unpronounceable. She may hate me when she grows up, but I love the name. She can have her own kids to name!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home