header image

Sunday, April 24, 2005


Sunday Post ~ Have you made a mess of things? You're still loved.

Psalm 103:8-12

file under: &Sunday Post

27 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Susie said...

Yep, that's my cheeky monkey at about 15 months old; 8 years ago! After a paper towel incident.

 
Blogger Cat said...

Aaaaaw... Talkin' 'bout ADORABLE kids!! How could you resist THAT face?! Aaaaw.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

As immune as I normally am to the appeal of OPC ("Other Peoples' Children"), I give full marks for cute on this one. Made me giggle, which violates my curmudgeonly sensibilities. Don't do it again.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cheeks. The lip. The casual drape of the tp over her arm. She's so cute!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Such sweetness. Big Sigh!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie,
That picture slays me. Others can attest to my love of dark eyed people creatures.

"Have you made a mess of things? You're still loved." - also slays me. In a good way. Thank you for the Sunday shell-cracking. I needed that.

Also, thank you for the thoughtful comment you left me recently. I have to say, I feel the same about you - your heart shows through in your words wherever you go, too.

 
Blogger lawbrat said...

The cheeks and the lips. How could anyone ever get upset with those cheeks and lips? I just want to hug her! Way too precious. Those big eyes!

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

I could just slobber all over them jowls. What a cutie. Thanks for posting.

dc

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thank you, one and all; I can't disagree, she was pretty scrumptious, if I do say so myself. I used to snack on those cheeks quite a lot. They've shrunken some as she's matured, but she's still plenty cheeky.

la pix, thank you for visiting. Your comment warms my heart.

dc, dangerous cheeks!

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, YOU! Next commenter! Tell me you looked up that scripture, or that you're thinking about it. I'm starting to feel a little funny about my kid's cheeks overshadowing the Word of the Lord!

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.

He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,

so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalms 103:8-12


dc

 
Blogger Susie said...

OK. Dang Cold. You have officially captured my heart. I mean, you did a long time ago, but now it's official;)

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

was that the passage you speaketh of, sister susie?

*Dang Cold raises his hands in a pious, spiritual manner. Like Moses before the Pharoah*

dc

 
Blogger Susie said...

heehee. Yes, dear commenter, see above:)

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

LG looks repentant, but something in those beautiful eyes tells me she just might have been planning phase II of OPT (Operation Paper Towel.)

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Holy crap, that baby is SOOOOOOOOOOO kissable!! look at those cheeks!!

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

You just can't sneak scripture in after a picture like that! Very appropriate, I might add.

My first thought was, "She must have had to go potty real bad!" Since I have since been enlightened that the incident involved a much larger absorbant material, I have to change that to, "The dog/cat/hamster had to go potty real bad!"

 
Blogger Susie said...

sierrabella, you're probably right; she has always been two steps ahead of us;)

kristine, thank you for injecting some "Holy" into this sabbath discussion;) She was/is very kissable. But not in front of the school anymore. Must kiss goodbye at the side of the building:(

robyn, this was before the days of the potty. I'm not sure what she was doing, probably just "what happens if I pull this?"

kitty, welcome! What a sweet comment. But I gotta tell you, I'll bet your mom already knew;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet face, and her little bow is so adorable. Our cats get into the paper towels too, but somehow its just not nearly as cute as this.


Thank you for your nice comment on my site the other day, I really appreciated it.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

HOW. CUTE. IS. SHE???

I'm with La Pix: dark eyes rule (I have two dark-eyed beauties of my own, so I'm biased, but whatever. I know I'm right!)

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Awwwww...who could ever be mad at a face like that?


Sorry for the long silence. I did post yesterday, but only briefly. I've been busy outside while the weather holds. Today I overslept from being worn out from yesterdays labors and had to work all day at the nursery. It was a mad house. It's late now and I'm off to bed.

I'm looking at LG and thinking, in that face is something of my dear friend Susie and I like it. She's so exquisite with such expressive eyes.

XOXOXO

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Thank you for reminding me of this scripture. Its one that really speaks to me and I had forgotten where it was.
Oh that face, too cute for words. You made a pretty baby.

 
Blogger kimmyk said...

*speechless*
from one momma to another-
good job!

 
Blogger Susie said...

jessicarabbit, thank you. My very bad dog doesn't do paper towels (only because he can't reach them), but he does pull tissues out of the box one by one, and shred them all through the house. You're welcome for the comment, glad you're feeling better.

andrea, thanks. I saw one of your beauteous babies. LG's eyes are dark green. With very long, thick black lashes. (Not that I like them or anything.)

greenie, hey there. Sounds like you had a very full, satisfying weekend. Good for you. Sorry to "stalk" you like that, but...hey, that's what stalkers DO! No, just missed you. I've grown accustomed to your face...or your words, I guess. Thanks for the compliments to my girl. She and I were playing with photoshop a couple of months ago and "traded" eyes with one another, and Jif couldn't tell what we'd done.

dashababymama, that makes me so happy. I love it when that happens, when somehow I come across a passage I used to love, and have "lost." Thanks for the baby love.

Thank you, kimmyk, from one momma to another -- I'm sure you've seen that "I'm guilty but I'm way too cute to be in trouble" face;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! oh! I LOVE this picture! LOVE IT! She's so cute!

I took a picture of Punkin in the middle of a "paper towel incident" once. She doesn't look quite so contrite. In fact, I think she's grinning from ear to ear admist the wreckage.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

could eat those baby cheeks whole!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "I dont know why I did it mommy, I just did" look melts my heart. This is exactly why kids at that age can do no harm in my book. My daughter's mom thinks otherwise. She says I spoil my little one...but, eh...(shrugs sgoulders)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home