header image

Monday, April 18, 2005

Photographs and Memories

Had a lovely weekend, visiting with friends on Saturday and taking Nana and Pop Pop (Jif's parents) out for brunch after church on Sunday, to celebrate Nana's birthday. A little housework, a little yardwork, a little too much blog surfing. One of my blog visits was especially enjoyable, because it yielded quite a surprise.

As I've mentioned briefly here, when I was in the middle of my freshman year in high school, my family moved from Delaware to North Carolina. It was a difficult move for me in many ways. One thing I always regretted about that move was that we somehow missed getting my school pictures from my old school, the one where I left the friends I'd known since first grade. While cruising around blogworld yesterday, I discovered that the (in)famous Nilbo knew of an international database for archived school photos. I checked the link he provided, and sure enough, there I was, along with friends I hadn't seen since forever. To see if your alma mater participated in this project, click here.

29 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor. I found 2 picutes of me. Sadly, I havent changed much. Thank you for the great laugh this morning! Have a great Monday!

lawbrat

 
Blogger Joseph said...

That was so amazing...really brought back memories. Thanks Susie for sharing that link. I haven't thought of those friends in years.

Your the bestest!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! You know, looking at that picture, I'm taken back. Hubby is right, our two year old does look a lot like me when I was younger. ;)

Thank you!

(sorry for the deleted post above... apparently, one should have their fingers on the right keys when typing AND THEN PROOF their post befpre hitting "publish". Who knew?)

 
Blogger Susie said...

lawbrat, glad you enjoyed the trip down memory lane. You're so young, of course you still look the same!

greenie, I know what you mean. I think I'm going to sign up on one of those "classmates" or "reunion" sites and try to track down some of those old friends.

ck, I have the same thing, people say my kid is a "mini-me," for better or worse;)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Hardee har har...cute. Real cute (and I WAS a cutie in high school, despite what the picture showed).

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susie--

De-lurking to let you know how much I enjoyed the photo site.

I initially had some trouble with the site . . . 'page cannot be displayed' and things like that. But I'm SO GLAD I was persistent. It was really great to see my old friends. Thanks for passing along the link!

P.S. I really enjoy your blog too!

 
Blogger Torrie said...

My hair looked so much better then!

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, I'm sure you're still just as cute;)

sharkey, an actual lurker? Well, that is seriously cool, I never had anyone claim that status here before! Welcome, and thanks for letting me know you were here. Glad you were able to track down your school friends. Lurk or comment any time!

torrie, I know what you mean. Maybe you could download the old picture and take it to your hair stylist...just a thought...

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I still wonder about those *sniff* buddies now and then. Those were the happy days...

I was totally fooled.

 
Blogger Ern said...

That is quite a long wait for the results of the search! But worth it, I'd say. Now I'm going to have to dig out my old yearbooks and see more!

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are too funny. Actually seeing me back then with my giant hair would have been more traumatic. LOLOL.

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

awww....ya got me!

 
Blogger Susie said...

robyn, welcome, thanks for stopping in. My pictures brought back days of being a happy fool, too;)

ern, my pix made me want to get out the yearbooks, too. I couldn't remember everyone's name from the group pic.

sfg, funny, my hair looked better than I remembered, too;)

aw, laurenbove, you've always got me:)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Doo doo doo
Doo doo doo
I got you babe

Doo doo doo
Doo doo doo

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm confused...did some of you actually find real pictures on there? Or are you still playing along?

Andrea the Gullible

 
Blogger Susie said...

CK, I don't know if all that's true, but you got me, and baby...

andrea, I'm confused. Didn't your schools participate?

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Don't mess with me Susie. I put YOUR school and name in, and came up with THIS:

http://www.worldschoolphotographs.com/wsp/pic1.htm

 
Blogger Andrea said...

And why you can't actually click on that link, even though it looks all pretty, I don't know. ARRGHHH...I want some sugar...

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea! Simma down, now. I'm sorry, honey, I forgot that you were in detox. You better be careful about telling a Hillbillian "I want some sugar," 'cause they might just kiss you;)

 
Blogger Jomama said...

I wanted to wait until someone else gave the joke away to tell you how disappointed I was when I saw the results. You really had me excited to see old pics from all of the schools I've been to over the years. Although after the initial letdown, I can see it for what it is. . . You are a very clever little lady. You got us all :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

rina bee, forgive me? The first part of this post is absolutely true. So you can imagine how happy and excited I was when I saw, "Congratulations!" on that site. And how "crushed" I was when I saw my pictures. Then I laughed and laughed, so of course I had to pass on the devastation;) And you can check Nilbo's site for what I said to him...

 
Blogger Jomama said...

LMAO!! I just read Nilbo's comments. I can definitely forgive you if you were a victim of it too.

 
Blogger kimmyk said...

OMy gosh! Too funny!

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

#1 your oh-so seemingly innocent suggestion 'see if your alma mater participated'...ya got me

#2 I forgot to mention that when my father remarried, the woman (who is now my stepmom) was particularly fond of George Michael's 'Faith' video in which he shakes his fine bootay... one time when she and my father were still considered newlyweds, that video came on the boob tube, heard playing in my parents' bedroom, and she (not knowing I was within earshot) enthusiastically invited my father to join her in some playtime, having been spurrred 'in the mood' by George

I thought I was going to puke - oh and yeah, I let her know I had heard her...she was my age at the time (that's 30 yrs old)

 
Blogger Susie said...

Aw, Annejelynn, I hope you still had fun here anyway. Sorry to bring up such a Eeeeuuuwww memory of Dad and stepmom.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

I just loved your set-up. Hell, I damn near clicked!

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

You'll pay for that Susie!! Don't think ya won't pay.

100% fooled

dc

 


Post a Comment

<< Home