header image

Friday, April 15, 2005

Biscuit Friday ~ Very Bad Doggie in the Window




LG took this pic of Biscuit. Pardon me while I brag about my kid for a moment: LG won first prize in a PTA-sponsored competition for this. The theme was "I feel really happy when..." LG explained that this photo captures the theme because she feels really happy when she sees Biscuit watching for her out the window when she's walking home from school, and he feels really happy when he sees her coming home.

16 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! LG seems like a very intelligent little girl. Biscuit to darn cute. I love the floppy ears!

lawbrat

 
Blogger Susie said...

lawbrat, I must admit she's purty smart, considering the genes she has to overcome;) Biscuit's cuteness is what keeps him alive. He's very bad.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I agree with lawbrat...too sweet! Does he really watch for her? Every day? I've heard of dogs you could set your watch by.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww.... that is SO SWEET, I may have just gotten a cavity while reading it. :)

Brag on, sister Susie! :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, he is one of those dog-clocks. He knows home-from-school time and bedtime.

ck, yea, yea, don't send me your dental bills.
I used to apologize for bragging until a friend with young adult children said, "When God gave you that baby, He gave you the job of being her number one fan. If you don't brag about her, who will?" I thought that was good advice.

So, CK, and other commenters, if you ever want to brag to someone about your kid, I'm your girl. I highly encourage such behavior:)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Everybody already did the Aaawwww, that's so sweet that I thought as soon as I read this. She is a really cool kid. Sounds like you guys put a lot of time and energy into her. It shows.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the dooce comments...your reply was priceless. Very nice, yet to the point. IMO, the dooce comments is not the proper forum to say something like that to someone. I think you handled that very well.

lawbrat

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent shot! Well done, child of Susie!

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks, squirl, I am hopelessly biased, but I think she's pretty cool, too. Now, if she'd just clean her room...

the life of me, thanks for stopping in and letting me know you were here. I think the cute/sweet thing, and the being best buds with the kid, saves a lot of bad dogs' lives;)

lawbrat, like I already told you. Hug.

laurenbove, I read your comment to LG. You get a giggle and a big smile:)

vaida, thanks for coming over and for the kind words. Your profile pic there is awesome. Blogging is LOTS of fun, with lovely people, 99.9% of the time. Enjoy!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa, darlin, sorry to hear you got trolled. That's a bit of a bummer. Obviously, it was by someone who is just so incredibly cranky, and can't stand the light you shine. Such a shame...

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, thanks, it was my first or second day "on the job" here. Then today at dooce's, I got a bit of that. It was very weird over there today. However, YOUR comment does my heart good. I think I'll copy it and put it somewhere to read the next time there are trolls about;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie, next time you see a troll, just start singing "This little light of mine". Sooner or later, they go away.

You could also sing "You are my Sunshine"... I don't know if it would work on trolls, but it certainly works on cranky kids.:)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I stopped by dooce's to comment, saw the first one and took it as a sign of things to come. I 'opted out' of reading the comments today. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS COMMENT IS FOR LG

LG, that is such an awesome picture. And it's so cool that Biscuit waits for you in the window every day like that. He must love you very much.

Congratulations on winning the photo contest. You deserved it.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck,those happen to be two of my favorite songs. I used to make Jif sing "you are my sunshine" when I couldn't sleep, and of course, I sang it to LG. Maybe I should force my family to sing to me. YOU were smart to stay away from there (yesterday). Wish I had; there were a few strange twists. I was there more than usual. That first commenter creeps me out, I remember him(?) from long ago, even had an exchange with him some months ago. Ah, well, to venture into blogworld is to risk encountering a troll, I suppose. There seem to be about 1000 lovely people for every nasty one, though, so the math still works for me:)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss LadyBug, Thank you. It was simple to take that picture of Biscuit. He always waits there and barks there when I go to school.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home