header image

Sunday, June 10, 2007

message on the way to work

Sunday Post ~ "...hope is a revolutionary patience...Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." -- Anne Lamott

Isaiah 43:18-19

file under: &Sunday Post

12 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I know all about hope.

I'm always hoping my pants won't fall down while I'm raking the lawn.

Happy Sunday, sis!

 

Again, with the being psychic and all that! Outstanding Sunday quote...thank you, as always.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Hope was all that was left after Pandora opened the box. There was a reason for that. We all need to hold on to hope.

Happy Sunday, sis!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Without Hope, all is lost.

I hope every day for you, Susie Q.

Love you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope is good, we all need hope. Happy Sunday, Susie!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've just reminded me that I need to re-read some of my Anne Lamott, who always gives me a ray of hope because her words are so true and so real.

So... HOPE you are having a good Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The cat kept me up all last night and he and slept this afternoon which means I almost missed reading your Sunday Post which I never want to do.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooooo...does this person whom you were following know their license plate number is splattered all over the internet now?!!! hehehe...i'm only just getting here tonight. happy sunday susie!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have never posted a comment here before, but I read your blog from time to time. I just wanted to say that I loved that quote about hope. Here is one of my favorite Hope quotes that I thought I would share with you!

"Hope is a state of mind, not the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good." -Vaclav Havel-

Thank you for a wonderful source of procrastination for me!

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, I think that's called "hoping against hope," because everyone else is hoping they WILL fall down.

htgt, just two little letters between me and psychOTic.

squirl, we do need to hold on. It can be slippery.

CK, thank you for hanging in. Really, truly. xxx

platy, happy day to you. Give my regards to Ronnie and Butch :)

ortizzle, I am just now reading Bird by Bird, and enjoying it very much. I've read a few other of her books. (The preceding is a very poorly constructed sentence. Anne could help me with that :)

ssnick, that is so sweet. Thank you for your faithful attendance at this little church :)

traci, heee, I did think of that. But not too much, obviously. Is this a faux pas? It's not like I know the person!

tara, thank you for sharing that, what a lovely quote. Blog reading (and writing) is surely the greatest tool of the Procrastination Devil! I'll help you procrastinate in any way I can. I'm here for you, tara ;)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I can see you!! *ahem* I mean, I can see this post today, even though it's not Sunday anymore, and that means I missed church yesterday. I hope you'll forgive me. ;)

 
Blogger Ern said...

I love this quote!

And the picture is great.
http://www.lifeisgood.com/category/hats/
The products from that company are so much fun. I have the dog roasting the marshmallow hat. :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home