header image

Friday, May 18, 2007

WTF Q & A: Non-celeb Edition

Q. So really, is there any news?

A. There wasn't until today. There were just people telling me, "Yep, it looks like what you think has happened is probably what has happened. But you are the only person in the world that this has ever happened to, ever ever ever, and there is no one in this world who knows what to do about it."

But theeeeeennnnnn, I talked to a co-worker, whose spouse was recently named the Big Cheese of healthcare in this state, and he talked to the Great Big Medical Cheese of a huge university in this state, who talked with me today and did not say, as others have, "that could not possibly happen." Instead he said, "I will talk to my toxicologists and one of them will call you on Monday."


Q. So, is there anything you would like the people reading this to do?

A. Why yes, there is, thank you kindly for asking. I would like such people to pray, and vibrate, and chant, and dance, and send up smoke signals, and visualize, and whatever healing, positive thing they can think of to do, in the hope and faith that such toxicologist will know something, or will know someone who knows something, about how to get me fixed.


Q. Anything else?

A. Well, yea. While you got the prayer thing going, and the finger cymbals and the bonfire, and the face paint . . . there are some other people needing some other things, that I know about. People who visit here sometimes, people whose paths you've crossed. I know of two people who really need new places to live, sooner rather than later. And someone who needs to get through her cancer treatment and be OK, and a few someones who need relief and healing from panic disorder, and probably more than we even know about who need help with depression, and some having rough spots in their love relationships, and it's not all bad, you can also say a great big THANK YOU because there's someone else who's having a hootenanny this weekend to celebrate five years cancer-free . . . so, yea, while you're praying, etc., just lump us all in together. God can keep track.


Q. Anything ELSE?

A. Um . . . just . . . thank you. So very much.


Q. Are you going to keep doing these crazy-ass posts where you pretend that people are asking you questions? It's a little weird, you know.

A. I might. :)

34 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for Suzie and friends. Check
Include many thanks.
Check

Date with Suzie to kick ass. TBD

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finger and toes crossed. I am praying and "beseeching" God for this to be the answer. That's right, I am "beseeching." Batten down the hatches.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I'll vibrate, but I think it's illegal in the state of Kentucky.

(don't you hate it when you get partial info on a Friday with the whole damn weekend in the way of the knowing?)

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I LOVE you and your crazy-ass posts where you pretend that people are asking you questions!! Yes, yes, yes and YES!!!! I will most definitely and happily vibrate, visualize and send healing power and love your way. And YES, I will do the same for myself and the other blog pals you have mentioned. There IS enough love to go around. There IS!

I KNOW there is something that can be done for you. I just Know. Good news and healing are waiting for you and I'm in your corner, Suzie, my lovely friend.

(I haven't felt much like posting, but I went to two school funtions this week and made it through with minimal problems. One week ago I was unable to step foot in the children's schools without having a horrible panic attack. Just wanted to let you know...)

 
Blogger The other me said...

I am allergic to something that every medical person says is impossible to be allergic to, that blue plastic stuff called proline tha they sew you up with, so they sewed me up with it TWICE and my body went crazy, puss and eruptions and illness until they took the darn stuff OUT and then I got better, 5 months once...oh PLEASE let it be that, that they can whip out the bad stuff and clean it all up and you will be BETTER! I know you're praying for me and am sure that we will have a home soon, ( tahnkyou for mentioning me a bit on your splendid blog!)I am praying for you and while I am chatting and asking and pleading with Him, I will also be saying THANKYOU because I am so happy to have 'met' you and to have been allowed to learn about you. I heart me my computer, it got me a fabulous husband and has introduced me to great people like you. Yeay, little box that opens up the whole world to us. Helen.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thanks, jeannie, I'll let you know about the a-k date :)

hootiem, well, now, that sounds serious. I am quite sure that your beseeching will yield the desired results :)

mrB, like you're not doing all those other things that are illegal in the state of KY?
Oh, I am quite familiar with the Friday afternoon medical cliff-hanger, my friend.

lynn, there IS enough love to go around, and I am SO proud of and happy for you. You GO girl!

t.o.m., :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to the call on Monday having some very good insight and answers!

*CHEERS*

Have a wonderful weekend Susie.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a crazy, lovely woman. You are so special to me in so many ways. You know I'm praying, and will continue.

I think you just might have found your "Dr. House"

Love,
Peaches

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, you got prayers, rain dances, finger cymbals, bonfires, face paint… and, do not think me too pagan, but… I put up a little voo doo doll on my side bar with pins stuck in WTF!! We’ll git ‘im, and git ‘im good. And then we’ll all do our own little happy dance in honor of defeating, yea verily CRUSHING WTF! (Also keeping in mind your blog friends in need of prayer).

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...vibrating and chanting and finger cymbals? I can do that...sounds a bit kinky, but I can do that!

If there truly is a god in this universe, you will have some kind of positive news soon...and then, of course, you'll have to write a book on this super rare, never before identified anomaly. After that, you'll get to take your show (book tour)on the road and end up here in my neck of the woods and I'll be able to hug the stuffin' outta ya!

 

I'm all about the vibrating. And I have a freezer full of double AA batteries to prove it. Here's to vibrating away everyone's cares and heartaches. With a few prayers and deeply meditated "oooommmmmms" thrown in for good measure.

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

I chanted

(it rained)

 
Blogger Nina said...

Well yeah I just checked the weather forcast and it looks like I might just get in some face painting, dancing nekid in the rain.
The nekid part just would be for John's benefit. But you know, you just don't know, nekid might just be the key.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Do I hear you right? Dancing? Around a bonfire? With face paint? And vibrating? So there must be some firewater involved then, right? Count me in! I'm vibrating up a storm over here, in all of your directions. :)

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Firewater? I see you guys might need a designated driver again. Call me. I'll bring green drinks. That'll sober everybody up in a hurry :-)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm on ebay officially shopping for finger cymbals for the group.
Bring on the firewater - it *is* the weekend after all!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Woo-hoo! Whole lotta vibratin' goin' on! I'm so excited for you! Monday's gonna have such great news!

It sucks that it has taken this long for someone to, finally, listen to you. Traci may have something about your writing a book. Maybe that's the reason you had this sucky period of health. You can write a book, make some money, and help people at the same time. I like it.

Fingers crossed for good news on Monday!

 
Blogger mrtl said...

O.M.G. Susie - YAYYYYY!!!!

WTF = Wonky Toxic Feature!

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks, soozieq! I hope so. And I hope your weekend is great, too.

peaches, thank you, honey. For everything :)

ortizzle, thank you, on behalf of myself and all those mentioned here. I'm thinking sticking pins in WTF is not a bad thing.

traci, well, since from where I sit, there absodamnlutely is a God, I guess you better have some cookies on hand, because I shall be visiting :)

htgt, a freezer? I had no idea. Thanks :)

c.metro! look at you! It's nice to see your soggy self here :)

nina, well, if Dr. John thinks nekid would help . . . he IS the doctor.

ern, uh . . . sure. (What started as a prayer meeting has turned into a drunken dance party. I shoulda known with this crew.)

lynn, yea, those green drinks would definitely alter someone's states.

operagirl, you're too funny. How's that ebay shopping going? ;)

squirl, if I get to write a book about this, I shall surely dedicate it to the Ratsasstafarians :)

mrtl, my dear, sweet, heathen mrtl, I trust that you are home safely. I so intended to at least write to you again while you were here. Not that it makes a difference where you are when you read an email, but . . . I'm sad I couldn't see you. Absolutely next time.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In between naps you know I'll be chanting, meditating, vibrating and burning incense while thanking all the gods for the all the good things I have and then ask for the things everyone needs, then give more thanks because, in my case, there's still a lot to be thankful for even after I ask for stuff.

I read your post re the testing for Ti. I would say unfuggingbelievable, but it's not so unbelievable any more that docs just won't consider anything that doesn't fit in with their routine way of diagnosing and treating. What would happen to people like you and me if we didn't insist on new tests? Why do doctors think we should settle for a life of pain, fatigue and uncertainty?

In the meantime, at least I have chanting (when I'm not napping ;)

*hugs and blove*
lil sis

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Some might think it a little weird, but I personally am a big fan of weird.

Love you muchly Susie Qusie. You make my heart smile in so many ways.

I'll do my praying and stuff for you and others. I wish you were closer.

 
Blogger mrtl said...

Don't be so quick to call me a heathen, lady. Note the timing of this WTF revelation, around the same time that I found Jesus.

And... sit down... I've plans to attend a service tomorrow. Self-exploration. More to come.

Definitely next time. The 'rents are keeping Jesus at the family homestead for you.

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

FINALLY! Someone who will listen!
Yes, I will pray, chant, facepaint, smoke signal-whatever it takes to get you better.

Much healing thoughts to you.
xxx

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Well hmmmmmmm...This is a most awesome development. It bugs the poop out of me when docs say something is impossible and then when it appears it is entirely happening to you then say you are the only one. What a cop out. So happy that Big Mucky Muck is on your case. I will vibrate and pray and dance around for the collective well being of us all. I also hope the detox involves loads of chocolate.

 
Blogger Susie said...

lilsis, take good care of your nappy self. Naps will help your body get well. Here's to women who won't shut up. xxx

ck, you make my heart smile, too. When I would see your name around today, I kept reading it as "Citrus Kelli." I think it must have to do with your being juicy. Or having nice oranges . . . or something.

mrtl, I'm sittin'. Do tell! You and Jesus on the same team? Watch out, world! ;)

MoDis, thank you for doing all that for the cause. xxx

kranki, I find myself in a very odd spot. So thankful that I know someone who knows someone -- and horrified that that is what it apparently takes to get help. Not right. When I get fixed, I will do what I can to try to fix that. And honey, if chocolate would detox me, I'd be the picture of health already! heeee

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh thank the dear, sweet, vibrating, baby Jesus!!! There's light at the end of this tunnel! I'm so glad that Monday is three hours ahead where you are, so you don't have to wait an extra 3 hours!!!! Every moment is pins and needles! Speaking of which, I'll get some if you think it will help. I don't know what I'll do with them, but maybe Dr. John and nekkid Nina will know.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for those who suffer....

Cheers for those who celebrate....

And a round of good vibes for the house.

Susie, your posts often inspire me to count my blessings. This is definitely one.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

So all this vibrating I do all the time is actually contributing to the greater good? Damn, if I get any more altruistic, I'm gonna blister!

(HTGT, I sure hope you don't keep the vibrator in the freezer next to the batteries)

Now, I must say, in my best monster-truck announcer voice, "MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY! Watch Susie demolish WTF in her Giant Gumbymobile!"

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, can you sew? ;)

stringmuse, I hope you run out of numbers :)

bucky, this blog accepts no responsibility for blindness, hairy palms or any of the other afflictions that may befall one such as yourself. And I like your MONSTERTRUCK VOICE!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the crazy-ass Q&A posts. :)

So, according to your second answer, I'm supposed to smoke a vibrator while dancing and visualizing you getting spayed? ;)

Of course I'll be praying for you, my friend. With every breath. I so hope and pray you get a good answer very soon...you certainly deserve a break.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today, Susie, and hoping (and praying) you get some good news. Love and hugs, my friend.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Today is MONDAY--and a holiday in Canada "Victoria Day"--people will be setting off fireworks to say "Yay-the toxicologists got back to Susie!" Katrina's a bit young for fireworks--they'd probably scare her more than anything....

Hugs and hoping that all is good news!
xxoo
Effie & Katie

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's MONDAY!

Big juicy kisses to you, Susie!

 
Blogger Amy said...

I wish I could comment a picture of snoopy and woodstock doing that happy dance they do.

MWAH Souxie.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home