header image

Friday, June 01, 2007

WTF . . . and Monsters

As I said to my dear LadyBug in comments on the previous post, I don't have any real answers. I did, however, see the toxicdoc, and she listened carefully to my theories. I had emailed her a link to some of the research I had done, and she had actually read it, done more research, made some calls, etc., before I even got there! I was very impressed and pleased with her. As I expected, she has neither seen nor heard tell of a case like mine, however, she says that my theory "has standing." Meaning it has piqued her interest and she wants to research it and try to help me get to the bottom of it. She sent me for x-rays, and I will pee in another gigantic jug (do you need another pic, 'cause all you have to do is say the word and I'm all over that), and I will give her the telephone-book-sized stack of prior lab results, etc. She has asked that I deliver them next week.

She said things like, "This is what I do, I stay up nights thinking about things like this . . . " (Here I must interject a hearty, "WOO HOO!" because I've been praying for a doc with this attitude.) She also said to me, "I will not abandon you." And I could have cried, because there's been an awful lot of that going on around here lately.

And now, something that I feel compelled to share with you, in the interest of home safety. (Not for children.) It's right here. Have a wonderful weekend, friends, ratsasstafarians, and don't let the monsters get the upper hand.

file under: &WTF Disease &Sharing

30 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Unknown said...

I've been praying for a doc with that attitude for you for a while now, too.

Love you muchly.

Now, back to my previously scheduled workday, already in progress. (Ssh! Don't tell anyone I'm surfing at work!)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy that a doctor seems to be taking your symptoms and ideas seriously. I love that your doctor also said that she 'stays up at night thinking of this stuff'...I do that with my profession (though peoples lives aren't at stake with with I do) and I think of the greatest solutions when I'm relaxed and at home (no walk-ins, phones, meetings, co-workers to distract me, perhaps?). I hope she does too. :-)

The video was so cute. Her 'ohhh' at the end when she heard an alternative word was the best! Thanks for the laugh and smile today! :-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good gravy, Susie, I almost cried at the "I won't abandon you" part. *sniff*

Praying, praying, praying you and the toxicdoc can find some answers together.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Down with monsters!! (and wtf, fo course)

 
Blogger lawyerchik said...

THANK GOODNESS FOR GOOD NEWS!!! :) Here's hoping that the toxicdoc will totally kick WTF's ass!!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You really need to stop blogging about peeing on big jugs.

If you're going to do that, why not set up a webcam and make some extra bucks?

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Why, oh why, did I have to follow Bucky here???
;-)

I'm so glad, honey, that someone's finally taking you seriously. This is going to be it, it really is.

Good luck!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Finally, a doc who's going to stick with you through the kicking of WTF's "ask."

 

"Ohhhh..."

What everybody else said very well...just wanted to add my energy to the mix.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This is what I do, I stay up nights thinking about things like this . . . "
Oh, Susie, THANK GOD and I mean that. THANK GOD for people like her. Maybe she'll be the one to kick WTF ass...I mean butt. ;-)
(THAT was awesome!)
Most sincerely, Tina

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, thank you, honey. So, prayers are being answered :)
(Your boss keeps praying that you'll get off the internet)

cindy, I hope my new doc works that way, too. I do have a good feeling about her.
I love that little monster's-ass-kicking kid.

ladybug, keep up the good work. I really think we'll get somewhere now.

mrB, WTF kinda IS a monster.

lawyerchik, for some reason I thought that video went with my WTF update. I guess you all see the connection, too :)

bucky, uh . . . mmm . . . I watched part of the National Spelling Bee last night :)

squirl, following Bucky is always risky business (but no Tom Cruise). I think this is going to be it, too. It may take a while, but I'm very hopeful.

shawkey, yes, I think she will be the assk-kicker for WTF.

htgt, and lovely energy it is, always welcome here.

tina, thank you, I know what you mean. Those were words I've been waiting a long time to hear.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Dude, I see it!! That light?? Yeah! That bright light down the tunnel? That's YOU post-WTF, and we're almost there!!!!! Praise be to vibrating!! ;)

I can't watch your linky yet, I've a sweet 4-year-old standing nearby and you said it's not for children... which probably means I shouldn't watch it either, but I'm gonna as soon as he goes outside.

 
Blogger The Narcissist said...

Yes, but where did the poor kid learn the word in the first place, hmm? It's cute.

That's wonderful news about the doc, and there's nothing that helps kick-off a weekend like great news!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found a doc that will give her all to kick WTF's azz.I told you before I had a hunch about something regarding my own illness that went on for years, and boy what I'd give to have a doc like that. Subsequently I lost my fertility because no one would listen to me ..it's a long story but in the end when the last of many docs finally opened me up after a year of me begging him, he was the first to apologize to me as I as coming to from anesthesia..horified that I was right all along.I was relieved...and then he told me because of the time it took to "discover" IT, there wasn't much chance of me ever having children..if just one someone would have listened... all that said I am so happy for you ...never give up persuing your gut...I know I don't have to tell you that...ANYWAY...thank God for this woman!...I would also like to add that as it turns out God answered my prayers, just not with children, He had a different plan for me...and there is a happy ending, and I wish for you you're own happy ending. .oh and because of all of that junk (and other junk) I am one tuff cookie and like the three year old I will kick any monster's azz! Have an awesome weekend.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

"I won't abandon you." ??

OK -- I would have totally lost it. It would have been embarrassing. -- I DO think this is it, Susie. Your ship has come in...

Bucky. She's funny. I'm not laughing loudly, but a chuckle when I'm in a foul mood is equal to braying like a jackass in a regular mood. I like Bucky.

 
Blogger Nina said...

"I will not abandon you."

I have slept with people who have told me that. :)

But instead give this doc a big thank you for me, too!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The toxicdoc sounds like good news. I pray so.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Nina, you are such a wonderful presence!!! You made me laugh, and I thank you for it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew my Susie shirt was good luck. I'm so grateful you've found a doc who listens and thinks too. I absolutely LOVE that she said she won't abandon you. I'm glad I stopped by before bed sweets. xoxoxox

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How refreshing... after all you've been through you finally meet someone with spirit.

Loads of Love - :-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless that doctor!! Perseverance is so important. It's critical really, especially in the face of things like WTF.

Have a great weekend, Susie. We'll be hanging in there for more news on The Urine Front. ;-)

 
Blogger Rayne said...

It sounds like the best thing this doctor has given you so far is hope. And that is so important.

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Woman, SHOW ME YOUR JUGS!

I could cry for you right now, but it's 1am, and I'm damn tired. Tomorrow I will cry.

Much love and hugs to you.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Your doc sounds awesome and exactly the kind of person who could kick WTF right in the ass. I am soooo happy you found each other. It is about damned time!

 
Blogger lawbrat said...

Thank God, a doctor that actually wants to put in some time to figure it out. I'm very very happy for you.

Love,
Peaches

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, I am unable to resist a little bit of worry about the oncoming train; but at least some answers may be forthcoming soon. Keep vibrating. It looks good on you :)

narcissist, I'm thinking her Dad got in trouble; but I'm not sure. Hope your weekend is all good newsy :)

elizabeth, I'm so sorry you went through that, and very thankful that there was a happy ending. Is a happy ending, a happy alternative.

lynn, I know, can you believe it?
Bucky is an acquired taste. (So I've heard. Not mentioning any names.)

nina, slept with them, eh? Tell you what, if this woman makes me well, there is NO TELLING where this could go. I'm just sayin'...

ssnick, I think so. The first bright spark I've seen in a long while. Keep up the good praying.

eclectic, um...yep. She is.

traci, I'm glad you stopped by, too. And thanks for the shirt pic :)

chchchchia, someone with spirit. Amen. xxx

ortizzle, bless her indeed. Perseverance has been looking to pack its bags lately, so I needed this breakthrough, for sure.

rayne, absolutely it is :)

umutha, no, laugh for me. I mean, if I get a say in it, laugh :)

kranki, yep, you and I must have the same watch, cause that's what time mine says too :)

peaches, thank you, my friend. You and your family are in my prayers.

 
Blogger Amy said...

God bless the toxicdog!

and you, too Susie.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry; I know I make as many typos as the next (or previous) person, but I can't stop laughing at Amy's 'toxicdog'!

anywho, what I really clicked in here to say is I'm so glad you found a doc with that attitude! She sounds like my radiation oncologist, whom I refer to as Dr. H. Dr. H might look unthreatening - a petite, pretty woman with an olive complexion and beautiful brown eyes, but I wasn't in treatment very long when I realized that Dr. H wakes up every morning just to kick cancer's ass.

Sounds like you found your Dr. H to kick WTF's ass! :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watching that video for weeks and keep replaying it because it is SOOOOO funny. So glad you have found it. Should be on America' Funniest!

So glad to hear you have a doc who will stay up nights trying to figure things out--Wonderful news!

 
Blogger Susie said...

amy! You're confusing the doc with the VBD! :) God bless you, too.

lilsis, that is a good one :) I'm very glad you have a doc like that. And I do think maybe mine wakes up to kick metal poison's ass.

barb, I find that video really funny, and also very educational. The little girl, aside from being adorable, is such a good example of how hard kids try to please us. She's VERY serious about being prepared to defend herself against a monster, and even while she's trying to explain that to her mom, she smiles every time mom laughs. It's the mirroring thing they do -- even though she's being serious, if mom finds it funny, she will match mom's mood. I find it fascinating.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home