header image

Sunday, May 20, 2007

wildtwo

Sunday Post ~ "Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness." -- James Thurber


Matthew 6:25-34

file under: &Sunday Post

21 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

The Eastern philosophies tell us in be in the moment. The past is gone, the future isn't here yet. Very good way to think, but really tough for us Westerners.

But I still think that there are wonderful things ahead for you in your future. Happy Sunday, Sis!

 

Excellent Sunday quote, as always, susie. Thank you and Happy Sunday.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a sad week. I feel lost. Thanks for some direction.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of truth to that quote. We often spend so much time looking towards the future or wallowing in the past that we lose sight of what's right under our noses, and often it is the answer to something we have been searching for.

Have a great Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger The other me said...

Splendid, let's head that advice indeed.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Beautiful flowers ~ wonderful quote.
Happy Sunday and may you have an even happier Monday!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I don't look back in anger, I don't look forward in fear...I just look around and wonder, "Where are my pants?"

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, this used to be not so hard for me. Now, it is hard. When your body is so uncomfortable, it's hard to stay there. But then, my choices are somewhat limited, too ;) Looking ahead just a little bit.

htgt, you're most welcome, and Happy Sunday to you, too.

jeannie, I hope you feel found soon. Truly, I do.

ortizzle, yep. I hope your Sunday is delightful.

t.o.m., yea, one moment at a time is manageable.

nina, thank you. I am eager to see what Monday brings.

bucky, let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in our underwear.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Past, present, future... yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, I know... I'm s'posta be hanging out in the here and now. But frankly? I'm looking forward to hanging out in the 'then and later', after you've kicked the crud outta WTF and you come visit your sister way out here. That's gonna be waaaaaay more fun than right here, right now. I promise. In the meantime however, Happy Sunday (and MONDAY!)!!!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Odd how the right thing at the right time happens isn't it? I needed this quote right this moment. Thank you my friend.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and BTW, if you come all the way out here and see Eclectic but not me, I will not be a happy girl. >>>stomping feet here<<<

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Don't worry Traci... I'll put her in a headlock and we'll BOTH head over to see you!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Traci, you and be both, regarding the quote.

Susie, the verses- just AMEN! Thank you.

With all you're dealing with, you email, put up Sunday posts and touch so many people.

Your previous post touched me also. I was here yesterday, looked up the verses, and just let it sink in.

Last night, yet again, I cried myself to sleep. Someone thinks I'm too insensitive and I was the one in the wrong regarding the airport situation. It hurts.

I'm going to email you some things.

Love,
Peaches

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry, post showed up twice.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Katrina is sleeping on my lap right now and kicked the keyboard--interesting things happened...

 
Blogger Platypus said...

I stopped by to say I love you, Happy Belated Sunday, Happy Monday and, in reference to your previous post, that no matter what else I am doing I always send good thoughts and prayers your way. Even when I am sneezing.

My word verification is 'azshble' which is weird because that it exactly the sound I make when I sneeze!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

This is a very excellent quote and once again copletely apt for my life at the mo. I'm sure you are feeling it too. But can I still really like the song 'Look Back In Anger' by David Bowie?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooo! Pwitty, pwitty flowers!

Amen on the quote!

Is WTF over now? ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simle florals such as this make me stare and stare, forever in awe of their simplicity. Oh, and the fragrance doesn't hurt either. It's a beautiful picture susie. Perfectly posted and prosed! I love it!

yours,
lil sis

 


Post a Comment

<< Home