header image

Sunday, May 27, 2007

roseshadow

roses2

Sunday Post ~ "Do not waste time bothering whether you 'love' your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone you will presently come to love him." -- C. S. Lewis


Matthew 22:36-40


file under: &Sunday Post

17 heads are better than one . . .

Just stopping by for the Sunday morning quote, and to wish you a good day, susie. Saw these roses over at Flickr - just beautiful! Still praying and workin' the finger cymbals.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

That quote is so right. Go ahead and do the right thing. It's amazing how your feelings will follow your actions.

Happy Sunday, Sis!

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

My neighbours are finally doing the right thing. I barely notice them anymore. I've ignored their atrocious behaviour for so long that I guess they got tired of it. (Somehow, I don't think that's what your quote means, though.)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

"When you are behaving as if you loved someone you will presently come to love him"

I dunno...this could be hazardous for someone in my profession. Next you'll want me to know my johns' real names!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Beautiful roses! And now, armed with your quote, I'm going to change the world with the force of my goodwill. Happy Sunday, sis!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

If I take this quote literally that means I have to love my next door neighbour even though she uses a shock collar on her poor little dog. I'll still try though. I think I can do better taking this quote to a wider interpretation as it was meant to be understood. Thanks for the beautiful roses this Sunday. Hugs to you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent quote and gorgeous photos. Happy Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Sunday Neighbor.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Reminds me of a story...but C.S. Lewis said it better.

Susie, Sunday just wouldn't be Sunday without your Sunday post. Thank you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

htgt, Happy day to you, too. Thanks for the praying and tinkling :)

squirl, spoken like a true grown-up :)

karen, well, it's not exactly loving them, but ignoring them is better than many of the alternatives ;)

bucky, of course you are right; I neglected to add the "$2 whore exemption" to the quote.

eclectic, I really think you can do it :)

kranki, oh, dear. Some people don't make this easy, that's for sure. But you do :) Hugs back to you.

shawkey, thank you! I shoulda sent you some pink roses for your party :)

william, to you, too :) It's nice to see you in church.

 
Blogger Susie said...

hi, nick! I missed you there. I've been reading your Mem. Day observations. Thinking, thinking. I'll comment later.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Happy Sunday, Susie. I like the quote. I ignore my neighbors, too, except when it would be outright rude to do so. It's that longing for invisibility thing...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So hard to do sometimes, (especially when dealing with malicious asshats), but definitely worth the trouble if you can at least make a friend of someone who is probably being an asshat because they are just in need of a friend.

Thanks for the quote and the roses (my fave). Hope your week's gone well.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday! :-*

Fantastic pictures, I wish I had a decent camera!

Loves!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful, beautiful roses, Susie.

I love you... and you're not even my neighbor. :)

And, if anyone can change the world with the force of goodwill, it's Eclectic.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbors ignore ME! Heehee... although now that the lawn looks better maybe they'll get over it? I missed your Sunday post on Sunday but it's Monday and a holiday so that's gotta count for something eh?

 
Blogger Effie said...

ohhh,

such beautiful roses....

you know, I often joke with my hubby ('cause that's the weird sort I am) that I want him to promise to plant a rosebush on my grave....

love!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home