header image

Monday, June 11, 2007

If You're Absent, Please Raise Your Hand

Over the weekend, I received some emails from people who were trying to read "What Was I Thinking?" but couldn't. Best I can tell, people who use Internet Explorer have been barred from the premises. So, I'm posting this to say, "Hey, let me know if you can't read this." But how much sense does that make?

So how about this: if you're reading this in some other browser, but you have access to IE, will you check it out and see if that is, indeed, the problem? And then -- because while I am known to exaggerate every now and again, I assure you that when I say I'm a techno-dunce, I am being kind to myself -- and then, if you have any hint of a sign of a clue about what might have gone wrong or how one might fix it, I would welcome your suggestions.

I did request help from Blogger, but based on prior history with Blogger problems, the internet will be extinct by the time I get a helpful response from them.

UPDATE: I installed IE7, and now I can see the blog, BUT if I refresh it in IE7, it disappears again and won't reappear until I leave the site and come back. This may be a vast right-wing (left-wing? chicken wing?) conspiracy.

file under: &Meta-blogging

39 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

I had problems viewing last week, but I can read it fine now. Sorry I missed "church" yesterday.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are coming through fine in Firefox (which is my usual browser) and Windows IE (the one I had to install when I was doing community college studies) for me.

However, Blogger and I have been having issues for weeks now, so I remain Anonymous until I can persuade my live-in Tech to have a looksee.

~~love and Huggs, Diane aka MrsDoF

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had problems with site for about a week. Like your "Update" if I leave the site (sometimes need to do several times) it eventually comes up.

Love your blog. Never miss visiting every day.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Sorry. I know you were hoping this would keep the IE-using riff-raff off the premises, but... here I am, and I can see you, and I'm not leaving until you bring me some figgy pudding, whatever that is. I figure it's good enough for those pesky carolers at Christmas time, so it's good enough for me.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I still can't see it in whatever version of IE I have. I know I don't have IE7 as this is a company computer and they haven't rolled it out yet.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had trouble for quite some time getting your page to boot. What usually happens is that I get the masthead and some of the side bar, but... not the posts! I use I.E., but don't seem to have problems with any other blogs, except on rare occasions, and it is always (hate to say it) with Blogger.

Anyway, I just keep hitting the refresh button. Or logging off and on, sometimes pounding the "enter key" rather severely. Right now, for instance, it took about 3 tries to boot the page, and several more to get the comment section to come up. You're worth it, darlin. But I am not too sure Blogger is. ;-)

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I can see you in both my IE browser and my SeaMonkey browser. Loud and clear, Moan Cap Pee Ton!!

 
Blogger mrtl said...

IE7 and all's well here. I was able to see you yesterday, too.

 
Blogger lawyerchik said...

Hey, Susie: I was able to download/install IE7 OK, but I still couldn't see your site - until I clicked on one of the links on the side and then routed back through that to get here (whew!!). I'm not sure what the deal is - but I'm thinking chicken-wing-conspiracy is the tastiest choice!! Hope you're having a good day today!!

Cheryl

P.S. Word verification word is "ytudx" - which to me sounds like "yucks." :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't see it in IE6, except for the "shell"--the header and the sidebar. This happened whether I was on the main page or clicked into the archives to see a specific post.

So I switched to Firefox (working from home today, so have many computers at my disposal) and everything's fine.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am very present and have had not problems getting here. Of course, I am using Firefox.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I use firefox. I'm sure its a chicken-wing conspiracy. Or something of that nature. Maybe cow-tipping conspiracy, that when the cow landed it broke a cable line?

I dont know. Just rambling. Hope you're doing ok.

Love,
Peaches

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have problems viewing with IE. Firefox works well. sorry you're having technical difficulties.

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, glad you can read. I always miss you when you miss church; and I pray for you to return to the fold ;)

mrsDoF, OK, thanks, honey. And Happy Birthday!

richard, bless your heart. I can't believe you keep coming back when it's such a pain! Thank you for that, though.

eclectic, I got some Snak Pak vanilla and chocolate. Best I can do.

squirl, this is so freakin' annoying :(

ortizzle, I'm glad you think I'm worth it, but very sorry it's so much trouble for you to get here. I am looking very seriously into relocating.

mrB, sea monkey, eh? I didn't even know about that critter.

mrtl, OK, thanks for checking.

lawyerchik, hmm, maybe a buffalo wing conspiracy?

shawkey, I'm too computer illiterate to understand what the problem might be, much less how to fix it. IE seems to be a factor, but I don't know what to do about that. Blogger help is . . . none.

ssnick, happy for your presence :)

peaches, if there's a cow involved, I'll bet it's a blue cow. I startled one a while back. It's probably getting revenge.

dawn, thanks, hon. Me, too :(

everyone who's coming here even though it's not easy, thank you so much, and I am sorry it is this way. I expect I'd better move soon. I'll keep you posted.

 
Blogger sometrouble said...

I couldn't get the site to load properly yesterday in IE at my mom's house. Today I am back at home in Firefox, and it works fine. I did open it in IE 6, and it opens...slowly. Then if i hit refresh, everything but the main content loads. The title banner, and the sidebar are there...the post section is just empty. I have no idea why. It seems like some kind of blogger problem though...since it is just the posts.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hi, Susie. I have IE. When I click on your page everything is here except the post. I came by a few more times, finally got wise, and clicked the link on the left for the post and here it is. I'm technically 'special', so I don't have a clue what's going on with it. If I bump into an answer, I will certainly tell you.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

How odd. I came back to check and the post showed up right away, but previous posts were not coming up on the main page with it. The title for the Sunday post was there, but not the actual post. I refreshed the page and the post disappeared. That's weird.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I tried to pull up the Sunday post by clicking on the link. The post showed, but not the picture. I hit refresh and the whole post disappeared. Maybe it is Blogger. Several people have had problems posting photos lately. I wonder if it has something to do with that.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Now the whole blog is showing up, but no pictures in the posts. It must be the blogger picture problem.

 

susie, no problems when I use Firefox at home. At work with IE6 (I think), I got the masthead and side columns, but no posts, even when I clicked on them in the archives.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Compuserve and then IE6 browsers have kept me from reading you for over a week. I am using Safari on my son's Mac and that works fine. (Here visiting my FIRST grandbaby and he is adorable by the way!) Will try Firefox at work when I get back. Wishing you well.

 
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Misery loves company. I have been messing with this exact same issue on my blog for about a week or longer and have come up with NUTTIN.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i usually use firefox and your site is fine...however when i use IE, i only see your sidebar, but no posts...and if i click on a post in your sidebar, it does not show either.

Melissa

 
Blogger Susie said...

Definitely a chicken-wing conspiracy.

Don't worry, Miss Susie. We'll get it fixed. :)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Now I'm worried... Susie's referring to herself as "Miss Susie" and telling herself not to worry, she'll fix it. Oh dear... perhaps this is more serious than I had thought. ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not had any problems seeing you. Must be divine intervention or something like that.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hey, Susie. I see you perfectly fine with IE on this template. No problems at all. Only... I miss the adorable photo of you as a very, very cute little girl :-)

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, I remember this blog. This is what it looked like before a wealthy benefactor gave me the fancy one.
Thank you all for coming to visit even though you had to trudge barefoot through snow to get here, during the chicken wing conspiracy.
And no, that was not me talking to myself, that was ck, who blogjacked me and commented while she was here trying to restore order, bless her heart.
So this is where I shall reside until I move into comfier digs (that you all can actually get to). Working on that. I'll keep you posted. Get it? Posted?

xoxoxox

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, crud. I hate it when I unintentionally post as someone else. Sorry!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Yup, I can see it in IE now that you've switched back to the old template.

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I'm on IE 7, I can see it, I can refresh it and it's still there. Your template is different, but the blog is there. I've never had a problem getting your blog to load.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I see you, but all your fancy stuff is gone.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

CKelli, don't you know it's a federal offense to impersonate a woman impersonating Gumby?

And I seem to remember a certain crossing of wires this way betwixt Susie and one rhymin' Johnnie Cochran in Dooce's comments once upon a time...heh heh heh....

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, that reminds me of the time when people were finding out their "prison names," or "'hood names" or what have you, and I unintentionally left a very serious comment on a therapist's professional blog as "Gandhi Ganjamaster." I never went back :0

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Nice cover, CK... but when you do this sort of thing, you only prolong the problem by enabling her. I think the situation is going to require tough love. And maybe an intervention.

Yeah! That's it!! Let's throw a blog intervention party!!! I'll bring the banana bread. (What?! Like that's not traditional intervention fare... pfffffffft!)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I didn't like IE7 so I uninstalled it. Secondly, I could see your site fine until yesterday I think. Next, now your old blog template is showing but I can still *see* you. Lastly, I'm with Eclectic...give me some figgy pudding already...pudding is my favorite! hehe

 
Blogger Susie said...

I WISH somebody would stage a fucking intervention here. (What? I've been watching Sopranos reruns.)
Actually, I think an intervention is in process.
Figgy? No figgy.

 

GHANDI GANJAMASTER???!!!!! Oh, susie, how much do I have to pay you to let me use that as my handle from now on?

 
Blogger Effie said...

you're back--I missed you!!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home