Wookin' Pa Nub*
Love it or hate it, it's here again. I love it. My smarter sister Eclectic has a fine anti-V-Day post with interesting comments. I do understand the objections to the crass commercialism, and the loneliness that some associate with this day. I love the romantic, coupley stuff. But I really do see it mostly as a day to celebrate love. To be loving to people. It would be nice if we all were sweet and generous to one another every day. But we're not. So I think setting aside a day is a good thing. (Plus there's chocolate involved.)
Now. Won't you be sweet and generous to me by answering my little Valentine's Day Questionnaire?
1. If I designed those candy hearts, they'd say ________ and _________.
2. In a love relationship, I can overlook _______________ as long as there's __________.
3. Heart-shaped boxes of candy are nice, but I wish someone would give me a _______-shaped ____________.
4. A better holiday for celebrating love would be called "_____________" and everyone would _____________ until _______________.
5. Do you believe in a soulmate? Just one, or could there be more out there?
6. True or False: Hair removal qualifies as a Valentine's Day gift.
If you put your answers in the comments, either Biscuit:
will be your Valentine! (This is two years in a row that Legolas has donned his gay apparel for the holiday. I think we can consider it tradition now.)
*I wanted a lyric from a love song for the title here, and this is what was in my head (it can be a scary place). From the old SNL with Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat, Lookin' for Love.