header image

Sunday, January 28, 2007

lilypond

Sunday Post ~ "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of." -- Benjamin Franklin

And some song lyrics, because I know how you love to read song lyrics ;)

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
Yesterday is a promise that you’ve broken
Don’t close your eyes, don’t close your eyes
This is your life and today is all you’ve got
and today is all you’ll ever have
Don’t close your eyes
Don’t close your eyes

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

from "This is Your Life" by Switchfoot


Ephesians 5:15-17

file under: &Sunday Post

23 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

It's so easy, when you're young, to squander time. There's so much of it ahead of them.

We can only hope, as we grow older, that we are wise enough to realize that each moment is precious. And the picture of LG is precious, too.

Happy Sunday, Sis!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome photo. You do, indeed, have the eye.

Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Life is made out of squandered time? I'm ahead of the game for once!! Thanks Benny!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love love love that photo.

So, we should tread wisely and carefully?

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

That picture is awesome, I love how you can see the person taking the picture in her eye. (look closely), whic makes the whole "Don't close your eyes" lyrics even more interesting.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

That's a gorgeous picture. And your quotes make me think of the line "No day but today" from Rent. Doing my darndest to take that to heart.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Lovely picture.

It's so easy to let all the little things get in the way of appreciating the day. Thanks for the reminder.

 

Beautiful. Always useful to be reminded of that sentiment.

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, being ill brings such wisdom. Wish it didn't take that; and hope I can keep and use the wisdom.

And thank you :) And happy Sunday.

shawkey, you are very kind. Happy day to you, too :)

mrB, deep soul that you are, you always find meanings beyond my awareness, in my quotes ;)

ck, thank you. Yes, ck. And don't be foolish and don't be drunk. Especially not at the same time.

william, thank you. That would be me. I like my sweater, but it was a bad hair day :)

bucky, thank you, and I struggle with keeping that truth in mind consistently. I believe it with all my heart, but my behavior doesn't always demonstrate my belief.

ern, thank you, and you're welcome :)

htgt, thanks, and as almost always, my Sunday Posts are me preaching to me. When they have meaning for someone else, that's a very special gift to me.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always like the word squander.

I will not even wink today.

Williams Brother

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most amazing photo. Wow. Good morning my dear.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Finding, mangling, same thing.

I started to end it with "Thanks Benji!" but was afraid we'd have another doggy movie on our hands.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hi, Susie. How about Ephesians 5:14? "Wake up, O sleeper..." Maybe insomnia isn't ALL bad!
LG is a cutie-pie. Happy Sunday, Susie!!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I know this is not news to you but I'll say it anyway-Your child is gorgeous!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Susie, I truly needed those words today!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Wowza! That's one gorgeous niece I have, and a talented sister-photographer, too!! Thanks for sharing such a great photo.

Time... such an interesting currency. We trade it for money, prestige and accomplishment, but rarely receive its true value in the transaction.

 
Blogger MilkMaid said...

BF was a smart one, wasn't he?

Hey..I'm a little late, your post below....um....I am SO shaving my legs. Tomorrow. Really. I am. ;)

Lastly, great picture!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh sweetie, the kids are in bed, I've showered and shaved my legs, and finished my cocoa and Bailey's. I'm not drunk... just "relaxed."

Love you. ;)

 
Blogger Arlene said...

Pretty pretty picture!

Hmm, that song made me feel a little emotional...great song though!

 
Blogger Effie said...

that photo just blows me away!

Love to you!!

 
Blogger Susie said...

wmsbro, most words that begin with squa are good words, I think. And, um, you should probably blink now.

traci, thank you so much. And happy Monday afternoon to you :)

mrB, the last thing we need is another doggy movie on our hands, fo' shizzle.

lynn, thank you. That entire chapter is quite challenging/encouraging, I think.

kranki, aw, thanks. I know I'm biased, but I sure think so.

ssnick, me, too :)

eclectic, thank you, love, and that is SO true about time. It is rather bizarre that we sell our hours the way we do, when you put it that way.

milkmaid, be careful with sharp things, dear. :)

ck, I STILL have not tried cocoa and Bailey's. Jif may be sent to the liquor store this evening. After he's sent to the movie store. And perhaps the grocery store . . .

arlene, thanks; it just happened to be playing on my radio when I got in my car today. Yes, it is emotional.

littlemama, thank you. I'm sure taking pictures of Katie will become one of your favorite things in life, if it hasn't already :)

 
Blogger Amy said...

Late to the party, but great post. I bloody love Switchfoot.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your LG is stunning, Susie. She has her mother's eyes as well. That really is a gorgeous photo - I'm so jealous: I couldn't even take a snap of my eyebrows...

 


Post a Comment

<< Home