header image

Sunday, January 21, 2007

P1010273

P1010272

P1010271

p1010270

Sunday Post ~ "The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself." -- Mark Caine

Psalm 107:13-16

file under: &Sunday Post

25 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Those pictures are so pretty. That quote is so true. There are many ways in which we make our own reality.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firstly, that's a great quote, Susie. You never fail to inspire me!

Secondly, do those photos tell us that you're full of carp?! ;)

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*wonders if it's still success if the guard at the gate, the one with the bayonet, hits you in the head with the butt of his gun*

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

No need to be koi, Roy.

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, thanks, my sister. We surely make a large part of it.

platy, ohsofull of carp, I admit ;)

mrB, just drop off the key, Lee;
and get yourself free
(Hee, I read Bucky's comment before replying)

bucky, you might just get lucky,
Bucky...
thanks for reminding me of that fun song :)

 

Beautiful photos, Susie. And as always, wonderful food for thought with the quote.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

SUSHI!!!

Just kidding.

This is an excellent quote and one I'll think a lot about this week. Happy Sunday to you.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hi, Susie. Today's quote makes me think of my own current post. I know making that connection is a little warped, but at least I'm aware of the "warpedness"... and also of what you mean. You are truly an inspiration, Susie. I love you.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

It's good that Bucky got here first because I would have misspelled "koi". Carp! I hate when that happens!

Happy Sunday, Susie. Or if not quite fully happy, at least not totally sucky. Somedays, that's the best I've got to offer. But such as I have, I give you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks,htgt :)

kranki, thank you; I hope you're well.

lynn, you're very kind. I've read your post a couple of times, and can't quite come up with words. I will, though. xxx

eclectic, it has been a not totally sucky day; very fitting description. I do hope yours is a bit better than that, though. xxx

 
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Most excellent quote and photos. I'm going to steal, er, borrow the quote for my next newsletter. ;-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Now, does that quote apply to the fish? Because I would say they're pretty well stuck where they are unless they learn to breathe air.

 
Blogger Susie said...

laurie, thank you, and welcome. And consider the quote a gift; I don't want you turning to a life of crime ;)

ortizzle, girl, sometimes I think you get inside my head. I was wondering the same thing, about why I thought these fishies go with that quote. I THINK it's because when we first walked up to the pond, we thought it was dormant for the winter, because we saw nothing but leaves. Then, the fish started making or finding "holes" in the leaves to come up and say "hi." :) PLUS, have you ever heard of the Frankenfish? We had them here a few years back. Walked right up out of the water and down the beach, yes they did . . . I'm just sayin'...

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hi Susie

 
Blogger Susie said...

hi, william. I was just looking at comments here and I thought, "Hey! William didn't come to church!" (Someone else who attends regularly, too, but I'll deal with her later.) hmph. Better late than never ;)

 
Blogger Pink said...

Hi Susie,

The last one is my favorite. Gorgeous colour!

Pink

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Yeah, koi, get the hell out of there, make yourself useful.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Susie, for that quote—and the Psalm. I sincerely need both today.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I'm a day late for church . . . but as they say better late than never.
I'm not sure if the quote did or the pictures of the fish? But,I was reminded of a quote by Andre Gide ~ "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
Hope you had a great Sunday and Monday.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Fish heads
Fish heads
Roly poly fish heads

Hi Susie. :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

hi, revpink, that's my favorite, too :)

hoss, I can't tolerate a lazy, good-for-nothin' fish.

ssnick, today seems to have been a tough day in many circles. It's almost over now, and we get to try again tomorrow. And you're welcome.

nina, now that you and William have shown up for church, the world is right on its axis again ;) I was afraid I'd have to send out a team of deacons to visit you two. Your quote reminds me of, "If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat."

ck, Eat them up,
Yum. :)

 
Blogger Arlene said...

These pictures are so amazing!!!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Susie, I was late for church, sorry.

I was admiring your pictures and I found something interesting. The third picture....if you look closely there is a turtle just under the surface. Lower right. No rock could have that perfect shape. It has got to be a turtle.

 
Blogger Susie said...

aw, thank you, arlene. My skillz don't do the pond justice, I'm afraid. But they're enough for me to remember how delightful it was.

william, that's OK, just send in a little extra in your envelope this week ;)
At first, I thought, no, that's a mechanical thingamajig, part of the pond machinery, but when I looked at it larger, I do believe you're right. Cool!

 
Blogger Effie said...

carp-e diem!!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home