header image

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Forgiveness-Cartoon

Sunday Post ~ "He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Matthew 5:23-24
Matthew 6:14-15

file under: &Sunday Post

19 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"....and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,..."
Good Morning Susie.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

If we expect people to be all good or all bad then we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. Good call on the MLK quote today.

Happy Sunday, Sis!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote, Susie, I will have to think on that some more. I love the picture too, that cracked me up! Happy Sunday, sweetie. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cartoon is hilarious.

Love the MLK quote. So true. We all need to keep our focus on what's good out there.

Happy Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Morning, Susie.

Happy Sunday to you and yours.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I, for one, resent the implications here.

For the record, I am 100% EVIL.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Sunday Susie. And Whatever you did...and I am sure it was not that bad....I'd forgive you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cartoon had me giggling. The quote has me thinking. Just what church ought to be I believe. Love you dear one.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cartoon made me giggle. The quote made me think. Just how church ought to be I believe. Love you dear one.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cartoon made me giggle. The quote made me think. Just how church ought to be I believe. Love you dear one.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be "less prone" today, thanks to you.

Williams Brother

 
Blogger Susie said...

jeannie, yep, that's right before the Matthew 6 verses :)

squirl, yea, I had a MLK quote last year at this time; he certainly said plenty enough good stuff that I can choose one once a year, at least :)

platy, happy Sunday to you, too. I swiped the cartoon, but I guess that's obvious, and I wouldn't know who to apologize to about that, so...

ortizzle, yea; focus on what's good. I heard something like that in a sermon this morning, at the church on my TV.

ck, happy Sunday to the Circus, too :)

chchchchia, yea, I could've used that one a time or two. Happy day to you, too.

bucky, we know better. You've been visited by the angel Tamponia; that doesn't happen to 100% evil people.

william, if you only knew . . . but thank you for that.

traci, very worthwhile pastimes -- giggling and thinking :)

william'sbro, does that mean you're gonna stand up? That's a good thing :)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Sometimes it is just so easy to think in 'all or nothing' terms. This is a great reminder to me that it is never that easy.

Happy Sunday to you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i just want you to know i didn't mean to post three freakin' times in a row...my blogger/google thingy was having fits!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Oh, I love this one or should I say ones. The cartoon made me laugh and I had to read it to John. :)
The quote, let's just say I have never found anything that MLK and I didn't agree on.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this cartoon is classic! I MUST somehow incorporate it into a conversation in the near future.

And the quote? Perfect, and profoundly true. Thanks for helping me remember that tomorrow isn't just a holiday from work...

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Way to pull out the great MLK quote! It is so true...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote from MLK!

Hope you're feeling as okay as possible :)

*hugs*
lil sis

 
Blogger Susie said...

kranki, yea; not much is all or nothing. Happy Monday night!

sheryl, you are so right. I, for one, though, seem to have a pretty good handle on extending those graces to others; to me, not so much. Work to do :)

traci, no worries, honey. Blogger hiccups, I know.

nina, me, too; and in my twisted mind the cartoon and the quote are related :)

cat, if anyone can incorporate that into conversation, you can :)

mainline mom, thanks, and I have another quote for you . . . from N.T. Wright, but I have to dig it up, I want to get it just right.

lilsis, thank you, honey. I'm hangin' in. I'm OK.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home