header image

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

2nd Annual Blog Cookie Exchange: An Invitation

Last year, a good time was had by all, so a tradition was born. You can read about it here and here. The idea is, we like to hang out together. If we could, we'd share some holiday cheer in person. But since most of us can't, we'll do the next best thing. Virtual celebration. Next Wednesday, December 13, will be the official Blog Cookie Exchange posting day. If you need to arrive earlier or later, no worries. (See, in some ways, it's better than an IRL party! And you don't have to clean your house.) Here's how it works: On or about December 13, post your

Favorite holiday recipes
Special traditions
Favorite gift to give
What you wear when you don your gay apparel :)

and/or anything else you'd like to tell us about your holiday celebration. As is the custom here, there aren't many rules. Whatever you'd like to share is fine -- carols, stories, decorations, something new that you're trying this year, whatever. Here it's Christmas, but all holidays are welcome. If you don't celebrate ANYTHING, then your grinchy scroogey ass can just fake it for one day, for goodness' sake! Make something up! And you don't HAVE to include cookies, if cookies aren't your thing. It's just that Cookie Exchange has a nice, Christmas ring to it. Better than, say, "shindig" or "hootenanny," although it may turn into either or both.

If you don't have a blog, leave your contributions here in the comments. If you DO have a blog, leave a comment here next Wednesday on the Cookie Exchange post, and we'll all come to your party, too. I think last year I went to about 20 parties in one day! And I didn't gain any weight or need a designated driver!

This year, I am pleased to offer a special (oh-so-special) entertainment opportunity in conjunction with the Blog Cookie Exchange. It's a holiday performance by our very own Nilbo! If you click on him here, you'll find out how to order "The Truth About Christmas," and bring Nilbo, as he likes to say, into your bedroom. For a mere 5 U.S. dollars, you get Nilbo's skillful storytelling, plus wonderful holiday music courtesy of his friends. Go to his place and read about it! This is a BARGAIN. Plus, Nilbo said it will help keep him from having to live in a van down by the river. (Although I must confess, when he said that, it made me NOT want to order the thing, because, really, how enjoyable would that be, to know that he was posting live from a van down by the river?)




The Truth About Christmas



So here's the deal, again. We wanna come to your place and eat your cookies and rummage around in your things and stuff next Wednesday. After we leave and you clean up, you can relax and enjoy Nilbo and friends. Good times. See you then!

(Oh, and do post an invitation at your place, if you're so inclined -- everyone is welcome, the more the merrier!)

21 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Will there be the Limbo? Christmas song Kareoke

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, if I can remember. That isn't Friday the 13th is it? My cookie recipe doesn't work on Friday the 13th. Maybe Wednesday the 13th, but definitely not Friday.

 
Blogger Platypus said...

Count me in! Funnily enough I was planning to post around some of those topics anyway so I'll just wait a week. I'll bring mulled wine...

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

bucky has started a rumor involving Nils, a Speedo and tassels - I'm still waiting on verification.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

COOKIES!!!! Now, if someone would be kind enough to actually make them for me... but they have to be homemade, so the bakery doesn't count.

 
Blogger Maven said...

I believe I'll be participating in this:)

Not sure which recipe I'll post... perhaps my great-great aunt's gingersnap recipe... but as far as holiday cookies I'll actually make this year, I'll probably do a cheater recipe...

Stay tuned:)

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, don't be ridiculous. It's Christmas. Of course there will be limbo. Under a . . . giant candy cane . . .

hoss, I wouldn't dream of asking you to bake on Friday the 13th!

platypus, mulled? Do you mullet yourself or do you buy it that way?

operagirl, I haven't heard this rumor, but I can confirm its veracity.

eclectic, what kind you like, honey? I aspire to do a little baking in the next coupla weeks.

immaven, I would love a gingersnaps recipe! Sounds great :)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I can't wait to trot out my "special" holiday decorations again. Especially a certain VERY special angel someone made for me...

Nilbo in tassels is as much a part of Christmas as a reindeer gang bang!

Also, I don't know if I can post pictures of myself in my gay apparel. Google might take away my ads.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, you made me LOL. :)

I'm sure I remember participating in this last year. Sounds like fun again.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

SUSIE! Count me in!

Wait...You really think my ass looks "scroogey"?

*sigh*

No cookies for me. I'll just watch you all eat 'em...

And, if Nils is living in a van down by the river wearing a Speedo and tassels, I hope he has a blanket. I've heard it gets pretty cold down there this time of year...

 
Blogger Effie said...

Mmm, cookies! Count me in! I can't promise that I'll actually bake them on Wednesday, but I'll share a recipe--and I'll make sure it's a different one from last year...I'll mention it to Naomi(my sister) and Kelly (my sister-in-law) too--I'm sure they'd love to play!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wondering if you'd do this again, but didn't want to ask in case you weren't feeling up to it. So hooray!

Count me in. Hmmm . . . what am I gonna make this year?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I’ve put it on my itinerary. Now if I just remember to look at my itinerary!

 
Blogger Kim said...

I'll be there with (jingle) bells on!

(but no speedo and no tassels)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea if I'll be participating. I'll have to see how things are going around here. It's been pure craziness lately.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Count me in!
My cookies might be paint splattered, but then again, so am I!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is ever so tempting! I could bake (and eat) a bunch of cookies with the sole excuse of participating in this cookie exchange. Baking. Eating. My favorite things!

Good times.

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, I'll look forward to seeing said angel :) You'll be the bell of the ball. You could photoshop your gay apparel so that it wouldn't frighten google. Just sayin'...

squirl, yes, you did, my sister. Glad you're in.

ck, no, your ass doesn't look scroogey. What is it wearing? I can't enjoy my cookies if you're not having any. You must partake. Nilbo has put on boxers, now.

effie, that's OK, just tell us about them. And of course, invite your sis and SIL :)

shawkey, you have good recipes, as I recall. This might be my only holiday party, at the rate I'm going. As parties go, this one will be easy to pull off :)

ssnick, I know how that it is. We'll come knock on your door :)

kimS, bells are good, we like bells. I prefer them to tassels, actually :)

ladybug, if you're not up to having us in, at least go out to some parties yourself. You need a break. And some cookies.

sierrabella, sounds very artistic :)

hemlock, I'm the last person to wanna poop your party, but, um, not many people are gonna go for that, "I had to make and eat the cookies because my imaginary friends were coming over..." I mean, I totally understand that, but not everyone will. I'm just sayin'...

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

ok, here's a value add - I will program some special holiday music just for the 13th - go to
Classical Music Broadcast and tune in!


Make sure you scoot over to and watch Nils in the live webcast between Dec. 15th-Dec.30th. ($5 ticket)

 
Blogger Becky said...

I participated in the Blog Cookie Exchange. There are plenty to share, come on by, grab a cup of coffee, some cookies and let's chat.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this is my first time participating but my favorite recipe is up.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home