header image

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful for . . .

thanksgiving bouquet

Recently in comments here, Ortizzle allowed that she was "one more drop in the ocean of friends" wishing me well. That didn't sit right with me. First of all, there aren't enough of y'all to make an ocean. You'd be a puddle. A very inviting puddle -- like, to a preschooler with new rubber boots -- but still, a puddle, and you're more than that. I said you're more like a bouquet, in which every flower truly does make a difference. So here you are, in a Thanksgiving bouquet. I thank you for stopping by here, sharing observations, insights, laughs, suggestions, prayers, wishes, vibes, encouragements and other things that defy categorization. Thank you for continuing to visit me even while I continue to suck at visiting you. May you and yours have a very happy celebration of Thanksgiving. Giving thanks to God for you, and hugging you in my heart.

(Please pardon my taking liberties with nicknames and alphabetizalysis. I think I got everybody who's been here from the time WTF Disease began until about 7 a.m. this morning. I hope.)

37 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger SassyFemme said...

Thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
Blogger Effie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Susie & Jif & LG & Biscuit!

I'm glad to be a part of your happy little puddle! ;)

 
Blogger Naomi said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that you never stop having reasons to be thankful!

HUGS and BLOVE!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! May you and your family have a warm and wonderful holiday! Among my long list of things to be thankful for coming acrtoss your blog is one of them. You strength, perspective and optimism (and humor) inspire me with every read!

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Your skills with typing names and coding pictures have blossomed lately.
Looking over the list, I can see several places I visit every so often. You introduced us, so to speak.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, Miss Susie!
and may many more bouquets of blessings come your way

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I think I just made my own little puddle.

Happy hand-in-the-turkey's-ass day to you and your family, sis!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Really, Dawling, dropping names on a holiday??

:)

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

Thankful for you too!

 
Blogger Susie said...

I feel like Miss Connie from Romper Room. I see sassy and effie and . . . And every time someone stops in, I have a little heart attack, like "oh, no, did I get so-and-so!?" But so far, so good :) That's the danger of trying to remember everybody; you almost always unintentionally miss someone. If I missed YOU, tell me, and forgive me, and I'll send you a (cheap but heartfelt) consolation prize ;)

sassyfemme, I enjoyed your post; happy day to you and Fran :)

effie, I see many happy little puddles in your future :)

naomi< what a nice hope. I know I will always have reasons; I hope I will always remember to remember them :) Happy Thanksgiving to you.

michelle, thank you, and the same back to your family. I am always thankful for your kind words about my (mediocre!) photos. You're too good to me :)

mrsDoF, if you only knew how I rigged that, ohmymy, it wasn't pretty. No skillz at all were anywhere in sight :) I'm very happy that you met other people through this place. Happy Thanksgiving to the whole DoF family :)

bucky, and why should today be any different than any other? So, um, your greeting makes me wonder where the hell you put your hand on other holidays...
Love you, sweetie. xxx

mrB, it's better than what Bucky does on holidays (see above)

mrtl, happy day! I'll email you with meeting details later today, or call tomorrow.

cm, so nice to see you! Have a great day :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes happy thanksgiving to you too! I'm feeling awful special being on your bouquet!

 
Blogger Platypus said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all the family, Susie. Thank you for including me in the bouquet! :0)

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, I love it that we're a puddle. A pre-schooler with (or without) new rubber boots would definitely want to jump right in! Cool! Happy Thanksgiving!

 
Blogger Effie said...

just thinking about the "happy little puddles" and my mini-sneezes that happen every so often, those aren't really what I'd consider "happy" puddles, just irritating.

Teehee

 
Blogger The other me said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, dear Susie.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

And I am very thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving, sis!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh goodie, a puddle! Can I be the preschooler?? Oh wait, nevermind. Bucky beat me to it. ;)

Thankful is good. It's been a good day. All my love to you and yours!!

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Depends for everyone!

hmm...just doesn't have the same ring to it as "drinks for everyone", but wtf? Happy holiday to all!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore jumping in puddles so even if bucky and eclectic are already preschoolers, I'm jumping in too! Happy Thanksgiving my sweet friend.

 
Blogger elizabeth said...

proud to be swimming in the puddle and amongst the lovely flowers in the bouquet. happy thanksgiving to you and all yours

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

How about "Drinks for everyone, followed by Depends!" ?

Does that work for everybody?

 
Blogger Carlos said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
You've touched my heart.
See you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

anonymous, I couldn't leave you out! You've been here since the beginning! ;)

platypus, no thanks necessary. You are a lovely flower indeed :)

lynn, truth be told, puddle-stomping has long been one of my best and favorite sports :)

effie, I wasn't thinking of YOU making the puddles . . . sheesh . . . well, get some of those Depends the other folks are talking about . . .

t.o.m., thank you! Happy to see you here, it reminds me to come and visit, and I shall.

kalki, still wondering what you use for panties ;)

squirl, and I for you, my sister. Hope your day went well.

eclectic, preschoolers go better in bunches, so you can be one, too. Glad your day was good :)

operagirl, that's the cool thing about a potluck Thanksgiving -- someone brings the drinks, someone brings the Depends...

traci, yay, a fellow puddle-stomper! :)

thanks, elizabeth, and same back to you :)

bucky, I believe that is the proper order of things. Do you suffer from frequent urination? Every time I see a new doc, I have to do one of those questionnaires where they ask such things, and every time they ask that, I have to pee. The power of suggestion. Excuse me...

 
Blogger Susie said...

oops, carlos, I missed you there. You've touched my heart as well :)

 
Blogger Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving right backatcha, Miss Susie.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like puddles! (except when they are cold)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving. I assume the jeans did not disturb your feasting.

 
Blogger Vajana said...

Happy Thanksgiving, late, of course. And my maternity jeans were my T-giving pants as well this year. Maybe I should keep them around.

Lots of Blove Susie!

 
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Awww! I made the list!!! :)

Glad you had a good thanksgiving. I was working, and my sister is in town. I only get TODAY with her before she leaves, so what am I doing online? Waiting for her to wake up, lol.

Anyway, yes... I do check in on you, with EVERY update. Even if I don't always comment. So I'm glad that you know I'm here. Hugs!!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you kindly, Susie. It's an honorable pleasure to be mentioned in with such great company. ;)

 
Blogger Jomama said...

That was so sweet. I am honored to be in your bouquet.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Here I am bringing up the rear again ;) Betta late than nevah, I say. I'm so happy to be included in such a distinguished group of "people". I feel like I just won an award or somethin'. So first off, I like to thank my lord and saviour, my momma and my daddy and my little dog too! Ha! Just kiddin', sorta. Oh forgive me, I am still recovering from my drunken antics the day after T-day. I think I should get a ride in the nutmobile this year, I nominate me. I could totally relate to some of our celebs that got busted for their lack of self control but Michael, oh boy, wasn't he sober? and on stage? Yowch.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a total sweetheart and we all LOVE YA! Wishing you well this holiday, Miss Susie.

 
Blogger Maven said...

Awww.... such a wonderful graphic!

Happy Thanksgiving right back atcha girlie:)

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

MMMWAH!

Have a blessed day! (hee hee)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so honored to be on your thankful-for list. So, so honored. You are really an amazing human being and I wish I could do a damn thing about WTF disease.

 
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I am also very Thankful that I am on your list.
I am still around even if I don't seem to be.
I wish so much that 2007 brings an end to WTF disease.
I will wish and wish with all my might.
Lv yah.
Pissy

 


Post a Comment

<< Home