header image

Sunday, December 03, 2006

going through

Sunday Post ~ "If we can recognize that change and uncertainty are basic principles, we can greet the future and the transformation we are undergoing with the understanding that we do not know enough to be pessimistic." -- Hazel Henderson

Isaiah 42:16


file under: &Sunday Post

25 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

I think it takes time to realize the truth in that quote. Everything changes and all is uncertain. We sure don't know enough to be pessimistic.

Here's to your future and a happy, healthy transformation.

Hugs and love, sis!

 
Blogger Nina said...

The photo is beautiful and the quote inspiring. Like always . . .
Love You,

P.S. Dr. John is fully expecting if by the beginning of the New Year you don't have answers, that you would be visiting Colorado. He will fix you up.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Here is to hoping the rough places become smooth.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, I'm glad you're not pessimistic:-)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"I will do these things, and I will not forsake them."

It's so hard to remember we haven't been forsooked sometimes. ;)

Love you!

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Ditto to Kelli. I feel rather forsooked myself right at the moment. Here's to hoping forsookedness is but an illusion.

 
Blogger Susie said...

hi, squirlie girl, it does take time to get this one. I am trying to get myself to believe that I don't know enough to be pessimistic. Sometimes I succeed.
Hugs and love to you, too :)

nina, it could happen, I swear. I may email soon, if I can gather my thoughts and control my emotions :( New docs on the horizon. Hoping someone offers . . . hope.

william, thank you, my friend. I'll drink to that. Really, I've been advised to start drinking, and I think this is an excellent thought to drink to.

lynn, heh. I'm glad you're glad . . . but . . . been having some moments, honey. Gotta talk to myself a lot lately.

ck, it is sometimes very hard not to feel thoroughly forsooked. Or thoroughly some other word that starts with 'f' and ends with 'ked.' I'm tryin' here...

lynn, I'll drink to that, too. May all forsookedness be mere illusion that soon disappears.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Susie, for Hazel Henderson’s words and the Isaiah reference (one of my favorites). You are a blessing!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Isn't that a song we sing at New Year's?

May all forsookedness be forgot
And never brought to mind

Or, well, something like that.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

***puts tent up in Susie's back garden***

There. Now you're not forsook. An' I'm stayin' until we get answers, or go to Colorado, an' that's that. Shall I make some popcorn? Or maybe s'mores?? You don't mind if I start a little fire pit, do you? ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"we do not know enough to be pessimistic."

those are powerful words my dear...

i wonder if there is a difference between knowing enough and experiencing enough.

i'm glad i made it here today. {{{{{Susie}}}}}

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I love it. And I love that photo. It reminds me of a Thomas Kinkade painting, makes me want to know what's beyond the gate (and I hope I remember that "wanting to know" next time I am feeling overwhelmed by uncertainty...I'll just try to remember the photo).

 
Blogger Susie said...

ssnick, you are most welcome, and it takes one to know one :)

squirl, I had just put a throat lozenge in my mouth when I read your comment, and you darned near kilt me!
Yea, that's the song, alright ;)

eclectic, smores? It's hard to feel forsooked when there's smores. I'm in the process of getting likkered up here (well, wined up), using a very beautiful glass :) A speech therapist suggested I try it to relax the muscles, and my FIL has long maintained that becoming a drunk would cure me . . . so I'm taking matters into my own hands. Smores and wine, it is!

traci, I really like those words and want to take them in, "we don't know enough to be pessimistic." I would say to you, we know what happened yesterday, but we do not know what will happen tomorrow. I'm glad you're here, too.xxx

andrea, thank you, what a nice comparison. We are all going through gates all the time. And when we don't know enough to be pessimistic (which is all the time, since we're not psychic), then we can choose to be optimistic. You're welcome to swipe the photo :)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Aw, thanks Susie, for letting me "swipe" it :) It just occurred to me that there is a point in childbirth that I feel a kind of uncertainty (as in, what the Sam Hill have I gotten myself into here??? Stop everything, I don't want to have this baby right now!) So I've got the photo as my desktop wallpaper for the moment, and if I have the foresight to think of it, I'll set it up in the room where I give birth to look at when I reach that moment.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Well, I was gonna come in here and make some comment about Eclectic pitching a tent in Susie's back yard, and then HelloKittn had to go and quote Gibran, and now...I kinda feel like an asshole. :)

So not another word about the tent pitching. Lips officially sealed. Tic-o-loc.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Smores and wine?! Where do I sign up?! I'll bring um, hell... if you have wine and smores and good friends, what else do you need?

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, I remember having that feeling when LG was a tiny baby, that "Oh no, what have I gotten myself into..." It makes me think of the scene in the movie, Parenthood, about the rollercoaster. There is that point at which you're strapped in, and the thing is moving, and ready or not, you're going with it. And it's mostly good :)

chchchchia, WOW. These quotes really resonate for me. I have long believed, but wished it didn't have to be, that those who've experienced great sorrow are capable of choosing great joy, too. Thank you for the beautiful quotes.

bucky, aw, come on. I don't know what "pitching tents" means. It's something dirty, isn't it? And I don't know it! Missed out on learning something because of chchchchia up in here quoting Gibran! What a place . . .

ck, I know. Sounds good, doesn't it. Um . . . got some cheese?

 
Blogger eclectic said...

For the record? I carefully did NOT use the phrase "back yard" specifically because I thought of Bucky while I was typing!! The tent's in the garden, Bucky, the garden!!! *hee*

 
Blogger Nina said...

Well Dr. John asks after you all the time. So do email an update when you feel up to it.
We are sincere with our offer of connections . . . well his connections. I just sleep with the medical director. ;)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

And why is pitching a tent in the garden any less giggly than pitching a tent in the back yard? Hmmmm?

Educational note: pitching a tent = achieving an erection under pants or sheet. You know...the Big Top.

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, so you're already familiar with the tent pitching, eh?

nina, Jif says we can come. (He likes CO; if you lived in . . . North Dakota, I could probably just suffer ;) Who will I have to sleep with? Pick out a nice connection for me.

bucky, thank you for the education. I get it; bet I coulda figured it out if I'd thought about it a bit. But do I come on the internet to contemplate erections and such? Do I? Well, do I always? For the record, I think the tent in the garden appeals to me more than the tent in the backyard. Eclectic knows me like that ;)

This WAS supposed to be church here, y'all. Remember that?

 
Blogger Susie said...

And bucky, why are you dragging Circus Kelli into this? OR is that how she got her name? :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Bucky -- Leave the Circus Big Top outta this... we're a family show... ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

(and NOW I read Susie's comment...)

Heeeyyyyy, don't you worry 'bout how I got my name, Miss Susie. ;)

 
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Lovely picture!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home