header image

Sunday, November 19, 2006

beadsbefore

Sunday Post ~ "Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." -- Marie Curie

I Corinthians 12:4-6
I Cornithians 15:58

file under: &Sunday Post

25 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Life is hard. Hard in a very sucky way. But the quotes are all right. We have to keep perservering. Our creator would not want us to give up.

I've said before, and I know you agree, that there's a reason for everything. I just hope the reason for WTF expires very soon so you can get back to being healthy and having fun!

Happy Sunday, sis!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I dig your beads,
You think LG would make me some custom nipple jewelry?

Hugs to you!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Endurance and perseverance at times are the hardest things we will ever do. When we see what we have endured and then prevailed it changes us, generally for the better. Then we look at it and realize that it must have been meant to be.
You will prevail, I have faith in that. May your Sunday be wonderful and uplifting. xxoo

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Much shalom; ceaseless love; countless hugs be with you, Susie!

The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I like the "Hope" on the right of the picture. With all the diiferent colors and possibilities that the beads can make there is still hope.

 
Blogger The other me said...

The things that I have endured so far in my life ( and so worrying that I am sure there will be more!) the things that have been the very hardest ( my sons being abducted and abused by some monster, learning that my son is gay, my dad dying....) these things that hurt the most, that took me almost to the very edge of reason and being..these are the things I learned the most from, the things that when I had walked through them and come out the other side are the very things that made me more 'me' made me more useful to others. More understanding, more compassionate, more patient. Would I change the fact that they happened? Of course, I am human but the fact that the Lord knew that I could do it, trusted that I would do the right thing and come out stronger, well that makes me feel kind of great and less sad.
I love the quote from Mother Theresa where she said " I know the Lord won't send me anything I can't cope with, I just wish He didn't trust me so much" Helen.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post and the one last week wherein you talked in depth about all your symptoms. Have you seen a speech-language pathologist? Even though I bailed out from that profession in grad school, I know from my training that there are massage techniques an SLP could teach you to relax your laryngeal muscles. It might help your voice and the tightness you experience.

I also wanted to back up the statement you made in the previous post that you were a very funny person pre-WTF. From the time I met you around 1975, I thought you were outrageously funny and not afraid to laugh at yourself. I saw our old teacher Mr. Phipps last week and he remembered you after 30 years. You continue to be about 90% funnier than the average person I confront on a day to day basis. We need more people like you in the world.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

At our house, the bead box means someone is doing "bendy-twisties" -- the term LGE applied to the craft of wire-wrapping and beading back when she was little. I didn't know that you are a "bendy-twisty-er" !! Or is it LG alone that likes-a-da-beads?

Anyway, it's a great shot with hope in the corner. Not a bad metaphor for life. Thanks for church this morning. ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Langston Hughes:
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Love the beads. They are so cheerful. Thanks for another inspiring Sunday quote.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I love the beads. They are beautiful just as they appear, but they have the potential to create a limitless number of beautiful things. So do you, Susie. So do I, so do we all. To me, this potential is one of the things that confirms that we are created in God's image. This potential and many other facets of beauty and wonder come from the place inside where God resides in every person. I call the energy that comes from this place, The God Spark. I think you have a big and healthy God Spark, Susie, and I feel that you are well in touch with it. This is a very good thing.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am at church again...go figure. Thinking of you today as always.

 
Blogger Platypus said...

Lovely as always, Susie. I'm back and I went to the church and did what I said. In fact, my old school doctor took the service and I asked they include your name in the prayers so you had 200 of us thinking of you. x

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

I can find nothing to say that your commenters haven't already written.
Hang in there.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Perseverance - Yes, that's what I needed to read today. Thank you, Susie. Love you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going on from what I said the other day (twice - sorry about that!) and your response, and because I don't have your email address, acupuncture is particularly good for things like WTF disease because the approach is from an entirely different direction to that of ordinary medicine. It is that of restoring the body's equilibrium, keeping the life force channels flowing.

I don't even bother to try and understand it, but as I said to you the other day, it keeps me sane.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Bonjour Madame.....comment ca va? Bien? Bon!

Nothin new over here--hope you're taking care!

Love & hugs,
Effie

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, nope, no giving up. And you're right; I'm just beyond ready to learn the reason and do what I need to do. God sees it a bit differently, apparently. And guess who's in charge? So I wait. And pray. And do what I can think of to help myself. And blog :)

bucky, EARrings by LG. Do you see a sign that says Nipple Rings by LG? No, you do not. Indeed, I don't think you're gonna be seeing that sign at the annual church craft fair, missy. (squirl, speak to our sister, wouldja?)

nina, thanks for keeping the faith. It is ... elusive sometimes these days. I'm ready to be done with this chapter. And I don't know if I'm nearing the end of it or just at the beginning.

ssnick, thank you. I'm grateful for all of those blessings you send.

william, I liked that, too. I didn't even realize it was there until I looked at the picture. I mean, when I actually took the picture, I didn't notice it.

t.o.m., I've read your comment a few times. You have been through a lot, I know, even things not mentioned in the comment. Clearly God trusts you a lot, too. I keep thinking I've learned enough here in WTFville. But it's not my call. I hope that, like you, when this passes or changes into whatever it's going to be, I'll have more to offer, be able to serve better. Thank you. And that is one of my favorite quotes.

katy, no comment for you! I enjoyed talking to you yesterday. SO much :)

eclectic, LG is the jewelry maker. It is one of those things I'd like to learn but haven't. I do offer the occasional design suggestion. Thanks for coming to church. I'm always so happy to see you.

anon, thank you for that. LH is always welcome here :)

ortizzle, I think they're cheerful, too. Fun to look at, full of possibility.

lynn, you are a beautiful writer and thinker. Thanks for such a lovely comment :)

traci, well where else would you want to be? ;)

platypus, thank you, that means SO much to me. Truly, someday when I'm WTF-free, I want to go there to say a thank-you prayer.

sierrabella, thanks, honey. I'm hangin'.

ck, glad you found something you could use. I love you back.

marcia, that makes a lot of sense. Equilibrium, balance, all of that would benefit me now, I'm sure. I will look into it. Thank you for thinking of me and taking time to offer help :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

hi, effie. I mean, bonjour. My French is rusty, I fear. But yours sounds ... bon. I'm looking around to see if I remember any more French words. The fenetre to my right needs to be washed :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say "hi" and tell you you're still in my prayers. You've been on my mind even more than usual the last few days. Deputy Dad has another kidney stone, and this one hasn't passed yet. Saturday morning the E.R. doc said the word lithotripsy and I immediately thought of you and WTF and started silently freaking out.

Love, hugs, and prayers to you, my friend.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Your picture and sunday post had me thinking, and I may have read this before somewhere (it may have even been here) but is Hope Jesus' middle name?

You know Jesus H. Christ?

 
Blogger ~d said...

Hey!
I am new to Lynn, and I popped over.
I am going to read up on the NOT fuzzy alien. Curiosity has totally gotten the best of me!

I will be back.

(BTW: interesting Marie Curie quote. Good interesting.)

 
Blogger Susie said...

ladybug, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on this blog. If he can pass it, I say pass it. If he can take meds to dissolve it, I say do that. If he chooses the lithotripsy, I'm sure he'll be FINE, UNLESS he has some metal clips or staples in his . . . abodomen or thorax. That's right, I said thorax. If he has that, then no, don't do the lithotripsy. IMO, he'd be better off letting you beat the crap out of him and trying to break up the kidney stone yourself. (See why I'm not a doctor?)
For real, honey, the reason I'm having a hard time getting anyone to listen to my theory is that what I am suspecting has apparently NEVER been documented before, so he WILL be fine. 99.9999% of people have no trouble, I'm sure.

william, I am so proud of you, as you continue to pursue that doctorate in theology. Um, OK . . . if, in fact, Jesus' middle initial is H., then yes, I would have to say it does, in all likelihood, stand for Hope. (forgive him, he knows not what he does)

~d, welcome, make yourself comfy :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that qouote and really love the photo. Somedays I wonder what gets me through. On the days when my limits of self are pushed so far I want to crumble, but I don't - ok well maybe sometimes I do but only temporarily. There is life to live, even if that life and how we live it changes every day. This week of Thanksgiving I am very thankful for having "met" you this year. "Knowing" you has given me strength and perspective in many things.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Those are beautiful beads and a beautiful quote. Gives me hope. Hugs to you, Miz Susie!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home