header image

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Blog Cookie Exchange ~ An Invitation

This will be my first Christmas in blogworld. Do y'all have any blogworldwide traditions? Mrs. DoF was here talking about all her holiday baking, which gave me the idea of a blog cookie exchange. Not REAL cookies, but a day to share some of our holiday goodstuff. Like recipes, special traditions that someone else might like to try, a cool gift idea (you know, like Oprah does with her "Favorite Things" show!), anything you'd like to share with other bloggers, for the purpose of making their holidays brighter. Whaddya think? I'm going to post mine on Wednesday, December 14. I know it's short notice, but if people actually want to cook/make/buy the stuff, they need some time to do it!

If you're "in," maybe put up an invitation at your place, too, or email your blogworld friends and relations who don't visit here.

If you don't celebrate Christmas, please join in, and share with us whatever you do celebrate. And if you don't celebrate ANYTHING, well that just ain't right! Pick something and celebrate it!

This is the season to get together and share our best with those who enrich our lives. I'd have you all over for cookies if I could, but since I can't, this is what I came up with. I know it's dorky. I hope you're dorky enough to do it, too :)

* Favorite recipe(s)
* Favorite holiday tradition
* Great gift idea

(Anything else you'd like to share, too!)

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Are you sure saying "Anything else you'd like to share" is a good idea, given the fact that I read this?

 
Blogger Susie said...

See, I knew this could present some interesting dilemmas for you, what with you being somewhat tradition-challenged. But yes, anything you'd like to share would be most welcome, my dearest Bucky. If in doubt, put a big bow on it or "flock" it :)

HAAHAAA! Word verification, I'm not lying: yoyoy (WHY OH WHY OH WHY?!!!)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

DID SOMEONE SAY COOKIES?!

 
Blogger Candy said...

Are you sure you want to know how I celebrate?


Im always blamed for being a bad influence, you sure you want to be responsible for me "sharing" with the class?

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Well, Blush, blush. A direct link to mine. Thanks!
Um, cookie recipes. Which ones will be difficult to decide.
Plus I already have a molasses cream cake recipe typed up, so I could copy and paste.

This week, the cookie brigade here at the house is on hold.
The new stove is due to be delivered Wednesday.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Neat Idea. Lois Lane over at Homefires is doing "If I could buy fellow bloggers Christmas gifts." She does one a day. Very cool.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, I knew I could get you here with the "c" word :)

jessicarabbit, hmmmm...I was all set to plead with you to get Miss Hermione a Christmas tree, but if I'm not mistaken, I saw a tree at your place. I will be all Jesus-y over here, which I know you won't be, HOWEVER, if I am truly Jesus-y, I will tell you, yes, you are most welcome to the party JUST AS YOU ARE. Having said that, I must also add PLEASE DON'T SCAR ME FOR LIFE.

mrtl, YAY! Spread the word!

mrsDoF, aw, you're cute when you blush! New stove?! You'll be cranking out those cookies!

william, I went over and invited Lois and company to the party. She's very cool, and her gift-giving is lovely.

 
Blogger August95 said...

I love this idea, I am in.

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Great idea Susie! I linked you at the end of today's post. Thank you for spreading the Christmas spirit!
Lois Lane

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Susie, I think it's a great idea, not dorky. Course I'm a dork so how would I know?
I had to come over and leave you a comment in case you don't come back to my "blahg". You made me laugh at my own stupid comment the other day. LOL.
I have some holiday recipes that I could share and I'm always looking for new ones. In fact I am putting together cookbooks for certain people in the fam of old family recipes and others I have accumulated over the years. Most of them are handwritten by the people that gave them to me.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

COOKIES!!!

 
Blogger RedPita said...

ooooohhhh.. I am so dorky enough to do this. yay for dorks!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

You guys know what recipe I'm going to post. Don't ask me for a different one because I only make rum cake and brownies. And brownies are not part of my Christmas tradition.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! Can I make a request of Jess? Do you think she'll post her brownie recipe?! Hm?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dorky--count me in. Since we're leaving for MN on Friday, I haven't done any baking. But I'm sure J.P. won't mind if I whip up a batch of toffee bars so I can have some accompanying photographs . . . .

 
Blogger Nina said...

Count me in, sounds like fun.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh no... photos too? Recipes I have, but time to actually make them? Not so much.... Can I play if I don't have photos?

 
Blogger Susie said...

august, oh good, good!

loislane, thanks for the linkage! This will be fun :)

dashababymama, here's a good opportunity to share some of those recipes :)

CK, C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!

ritapita, hey! Good to see you out and about. I'm glad you'll be partying with us :)

squirl, ummmm, rum cake :)

ck, I hope Jess will post her world-famous brownies. I'll ask.

dorkysharkey, yay! Toffee bars? Hoo boy!

nina, good! consider yourself counted!

eclectic, no, honey, you don't have to have pix; just tell us about them. I won't have recipe pix, I haven't made a thing yet this year! Of course you can play without pix.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

This sounds great. My mom is a total Martha this time of year so having a few whammies up my own Martha sleeve would be perfect.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Terrific -- "C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me" has just replaced "Every Kiss Begins With Kay"

I like the cookie one better... (gah, now I can't think of which toy that is from)


COOKIES!!

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

count me in!

 
Blogger Effie said...

CCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

(I'm a bit late but would like to participate, let's say tomorrow, OK? Thanks!)

Love the idea--my first Christmas in bloggerland too!
Hugs,
Effie

 


Post a Comment

<< Home