header image

Sunday, February 19, 2006

onmommom
Meet "Jem," mrtl's sweet newborn daughter

Sunday Post ~ "It is no small thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." -- Charles Dickens



Psalm 127:3

Some little girls are on my mind, and in my prayers. Please include them in your prayers, too:
Baby Jem. Thank you, God, for her safe arrival.
My baby, LG, who will be 10 this week. Thank you, God, for sharing her with us.
And Zoe. Zoe's Mom goes into the hospital today, for treatment that can save her life. Zoe needs her Mom. Please God, let Zoe keep her Mom.

file under: &Sunday Post

19 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Unknown said...

The little ones are in my prayers.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Will Do.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thank you william and ssnick, and God bless all the little ones in your lives :)

dearest MEAN sweet shoshie, first, don't you rush my baby. She's turning 10. You may cry here, my friend, BUT you have to make sure that overall, you sing here more than you cry. I'm crying, too. Let's not be sad, now. Let's just be hopeful now. As you say, hope to hell -- and heaven -- that God's plans and ours -- and Zoe's -- and Deb's -- are all one and the same on this one. Hugs, MEAN sweet shoshie.

word verification:
swrfsube: Sarah's wacky rude family says, "Uma beats everything!"
woohoo! you heard it here, baby!

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Mrtl's baby is beautiful. She'd have to be, what with the family's genes and how well Bug turned out!

My 10th birthday, the 10th of June, I was a sort of Junior Bride's maid (or tall flower girl) for my uncle and aunt's wedding. Another aunt made the dress.
Ten was a good birthday year for me, and I hope the same for LG.
~~love and Huggs, Diane

 
Blogger Squirl said...

So thrilled for the new baby, happy for LG, full of hope for Deb and Zoe.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Susie, honey, your Sunday post has me weepy. I just left mrtl's place, and, oh my, that is one sweet, beautiful baby girl. Makes me sentimental, remembering when my babies were "so fresh from God".

And LG turns 10 this week.... As you know, my Drama Queen turned 9 a couple weeks ago. That double-digit age seems too grown up and all too near.

I'll have to go visit Zoe's mom's place, but wanted to comment here first. These sweet little girls will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs to you and your baby girl, dear.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Babies and kids are an indescribable joy (most of the time). I will add my hopes and thoughts to Zoe's mom.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Zoe's mom has been in my thoughts a long time, but especially since I learned that today was the day she goes for her treatment. I happen to think today's an auspicious day.

Oh, and Happy Birthday LG. It's a good week for a birthday, if I do say so myself. ;-)

Oh, and newborn Jem is beautiful.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Oh my--that Jem certainly is a Gem! What a beautiful picture--it looks professional...

All you have mentioned are in my prayers!

Happy 10th b-day LG!!

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Susie, I thought you might be interested to know that today (Feb. 19) is Smokey Robinson's birthday.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I'll be keeping the girls close to my heart.

 
Blogger Amy said...

Oh! The sweetness of a newborn baby lying on mama's chest like a heaven sent little bag of beans. I always think of that Wordsworth poem with new babies trailing clouds of glory....

Happy Sunday Susie.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Another perfect Sunday post!
I'm sending out good thoughts to all.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrsDoF, well, that is true; mrtl and Bug are off-the-charts cute. I'm not sure if I've seen mistermrtl, but I'll bet he is, too. Thank you for the wishes for my girl. I hope 10 is a wonderful year for her, too.

squirl, yep, to all that. Hugs, sis.

ladybug, I know. On everything, sweetie. And dammit, I still can't get to you. Someone who's reading this, and knows about such things, why do I get a mess of code when I try to go see my girl, LadyBug?! There, maybe that'll help.

jim, thank you, my friend. You're quite often quite a joy, yourdamnself :)

karen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your comment did feel make me feel much better about Deb, having incontrovertible (sp?) proof that damned good things do happen on 2/19. No reason it shouldn't be that way for Deb. Hope you're having a delightful day.

effie, thank you, dear :)

mrtl, what, are you kidding me? God's gonna be all, WHAT? Who's THIS? You will TOTALLY grab His attention, stand out above all of us always blathering to Him about something or another ;) Love you, sweetie. Check email. And she is AMAZING.

karen, as if the day needed to get better. That is good news, indeed.

Hand in hand that's the way it should be
How can something so easy make me feel so complete
Take it one heartbeat at a time . . .
You gotta know by now, I'm gonna sing if you come up in here talkin' about Smokey ;)

kranki, that's a very fine place for them ;)

shoshie come on over. It's chocolate with buttercream frosting. You are the anti-Grinch, shoshie: your heart is too sizes too big. That is not a bad thing. I'm sure that's one of the things Sam loves about you, too. But it makes you hurt too much sometimes, and it's hard for him to see that. Want some ice cream with that cake? nafker: is that something like a mofo?

OK, here's a song. It's not R&B, but is one of my all-time favorites, and it's what comes to me right now:

Think about it
There must be higher love
Down in the heart or hidden in the stars above
Without it, life is wasted time
Look inside your heart, I'll look inside mine
Things look so bad everywhere
In this whole world, what is fair?
We walk blind, but we try to see
Falling behind in what could be

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
It's that higher love I keep thinking of

Steve Winwood. You have to turn this one up so loud it shakes your windows, and close your eyes and dance. Even if you don't feel like it. Hugging you.

amy, awww. Yea, that's it :)

sierrabella SO happy to see you today. Thank you, my friend :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the baby is beautiful, your words are touching and my heart is begging god to let zoe keep her mommy too. deb's simple post has me sobbing and there is so much more i could say about it all...but not tonight i think. thanks suzie...this was lovely. peace.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jem is just precious. The girls will be in my prayers also.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh so very precious... very very...

I'll pray for them all.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Everyone is being so nice, so let me just say...
JIM EATS DOG TREATS!

 
Blogger Susie said...

traci, I know. I mean about Deb's post. Peace to you, too, dear.

lawbrat, thanks, and isn't she somethin'?

shoshie, oh no! Not the "who wears the pants" showdown! (It may be time to just ditch the pants, if you know what I'm sayin' ;) I will have cake for you whenever you arrive. I will bake you a new cake if I have to. And I, just so you know, will NEVER be one who "left a cake out in the rain..."

ck, thank you, and you, too, are very precious :)

bucky, sadly, Sister Bucky, what you say is true; let us pray for Jim, as well ;)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home